forum

[Archived] Beatmaps keep disappearing everytime I restart game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dentai
I recently added some beatmaps but now they're gone when I closed the game and come back the next day, old beatmaps are missing most of their difficulties, and some beatmaps are not there at all even though they're present in the songs folder.

And there's always a massage in the bottom right saying "osu! doesn't know how to deal with this file type". :o
modrei_DELETED
try clicking “repair folder permissions” in options, then check that you have no filters selected in song select (not sorted by date added etc.) and in options (sliders where you can choose what star difficulty to show in song select)

if nothing helps then go to your osu folder, search for osu!.db, make a backup and delete it - that can only help with the beatmap indexing, not the “osu cant read that...” error, sadly
Topic Starter
dentai

modrei wrote:

try clicking “repair folder permissions” in options, then check that you have no filters selected in song select (not sorted by date added etc.) and in options (sliders where you can choose what star difficulty to show in song select)

if nothing helps then go to your osu folder, search for osu!.db, make a backup and delete it - that can only help with the beatmap indexing, not the “osu cant read that...” error, sadly

Tried "Repair Folder Permissions" and the difficulty filter is set to 1 star to 10 stars, still no luck.

But when I tried what you said about deleting "osu!.db", it now shows "Manual changes has been made in songs folder" everytime i launch osu (I haven't touch anythin there)