forum

I don't know what to do regarding the Beat Snap Divisor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Enalaps
Hello, im having issues with mapping this song. I'm just now getting into mapping and i have a question regarding the Beat Snap Divisor. I dont know what to do because im using the 1/6 option and everything was going fine until i noticed that there was a string of notes that didn't correlate with 1/6. The string of notes works with 1/4 but it will make my whole map not snapped. Are there any alternatives to getting around this issue? Please help because i wanna continue mapping this song asap. Thank you!
Endaris
If you switch between 1/4 and 1/6 this doesn't affect any notes placed earlier.
This means you can place some notes in 1/6, switch your beatsnap divisor to 1/4, place some more notes and all the notes previously placed in 1/6 will still be in their spot.
They only start to snap to the new beat snap divisor if you try to move them on the timeline.
Alternatively you also got the option of using a beat snap divisor of 1/12 which should cover the entire snaps available on 1/4 and 1/6.
Topic Starter
Enalaps

Endaris wrote:

If you switch between 1/4 and 1/6 this doesn't affect any notes placed earlier.
This means you can place some notes in 1/6, switch your beatsnap divisor to 1/4, place some more notes and all the notes previously placed in 1/6 will still be in their spot.
They only start to snap to the new beat snap divisor if you try to move them on the timeline.
Alternatively you also got the option of using a beat snap divisor of 1/12 which should cover the entire snaps available on 1/4 and 1/6.

Yeah the scary part about 1/12 thought is the text that pops up. "1/12 IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANYONE.... EVER" So i can still switch between 1/4 and 1/6 and it will still be rankable? I thought that was 'illegal' for some odd reason.
Endaris
No, 1/16 is not recommended for anyone ever.
1/12 has its applications. And yup, will be rankable. The only requirement is that notes are snapped properly and snapped to 1/4 and 1/6 respectively just works out.
You can check https://osu.ppy.sh/b/628637?m=0 as reference.