forum

Too many standard players…

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Krypto wrote:

Initially standard was the only game mode and ctb, taiko, and mania were added later, so many people see standard as the main game mode, in my opinion. It's up to the player to choose what game mode they want to primarily play.
Yeah, sure, they have a choice. A choice to stand out or be one of the two million Normies on this game right now and eventually quit when they can’t handle the difficulty spikes.
- Zuramaru -

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Yeah, sure, they have a choice. A choice to stand out or be one of the two million Normies on this game right now and eventually quit when they can’t handle the difficulty spikes.
All four game modes have difficulty spikes. If people practice enough they can get over the difficulty spikes regardless of the game mode. You can't really force people to play a game mode they don't really like. But, in your defense, I feel like a lot of people play standard, especially newer ones because it's the first game mode you're exposed to when you open up the game.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Krypto wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

All four game modes have difficulty spikes. If people practice enough they can get over the difficulty spikes regardless of the game mode. You can't really force people to play a game mode they don't really like. But, in your defense, I feel like a lot of people play standard, especially newer ones because it's the first game mode you're exposed to when you open up the game.
I once had a friend who didn’t discover the mode button for weeks, when literally the first gamemode I played was ctb.
- Zuramaru -

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

I once had a friend who didn’t discover the mode button for weeks, when literally the first gamemode I played was ctb.
Yeah I see your point.
Genjuro
maybe not many people play CTB because osu! is advertised as a rhythm game but CTB is not one?
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Genjuro wrote:

maybe not many people play CTB because osu! is advertised as a rhythm game but CTB is not one?
CTB is a rhythm game lol
Genjuro

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Genjuro wrote:

CTB is a rhythm game lol
bro we can already tell by that US flag please stop!
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
CTB may not be entirely synced to the music, but it’s considered a rhythm game in the same way geometry dash is a rhythm game
Genjuro

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

CTB may not be entirely synced to the music, but it’s considered a rhythm game in the same way geometry dash is a rhythm game
It's mostly timing/aim/read whatever game but definitely not a rhythm game
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Genjuro wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

It's mostly timing/aim/read whatever game but definitely not a rhythm game
CTB mapping matches the music in a thematic way. To say it’s not a rhythm game is an erroneous statement
Genjuro

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

CTB mapping matches the music in a thematic way. To say it’s not a rhythm game is an erroneous statement
ok ill put it in a different way then, not many people play ctb because the majority of the playerbase doesn't like ctb. You can say whatever you want, but you can't control what people like and what they don't. I can give various reasons as to why i personally believe that ctb is the least fun mode to play and im sure others can do the same.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Genjuro wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

ok ill put it in a different way then, not many people play ctb because the majority of the playerbase doesn't like ctb. You can say whatever you want, but you can't control what people like and what they don't. I can give various reasons as to why i personally believe that ctb is the least fun mode to play and im sure others can do the same.
If anything, taiko is the least fun mode to play. Timing is way too specific, pp system is the worst by far, scoring system is entirely incorrect and goes against pretty much every other mode, and multiple difficulty increasing mods make most maps unplayable because of balancing issues.
Genjuro

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

If anything, taiko is the least fun mode to play. Timing is way too specific, pp system is the worst by far, scoring system is entirely incorrect and goes against pretty much every other mode, and multiple difficulty increasing mods make most maps unplayable because of balancing issues.
noone of what you mentioned is relevant during gameplay, I play taiko, standard and mania, because i enjoy playing them, not for some irrelevant numbers that don't affect the game in any way.

scoring system is entirely incorrect and goes against pretty much every other mode
I think that would be more like osu mania :)
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
osu!mania has a better scoring system than any other game mode, and once v2 hits, I’m gonna quit playing competitive.
Genjuro
oops. meant to say it goes against every other mode since thats what you mentioned, anyways, chill your tits and play the game, also stop filling the forums with pointless posts. bye
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Genjuro wrote:

stop filling the forums with pointless posts. bye
First amendment rights motherfucker

Have a nice day
clover
why do they call it catch the beat when you catch fruits. i'm filing a lawsuit.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

why do they call it catch the beat when you catch fruits. i'm filing a lawsuit.
Because it rolls off the tongue easier than “Catch Fruits To The Beat”
extravagance
im not a CTB player, but i would like to get into it. i just play it when im bored. i think CTB is fun and impressive
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

ambinate wrote:

im not a CTB player, but i would like to get into it. i just play it when im bored. i think CTB is fun and impressive
Pretty cool
winber1
why not just play a real game like minecraft
KupcaH

winber1 wrote:

why not just play a real game like minecraft
This guy knows
DXPOHIHIHI
You need atleast a 100Iq range to play ctb
Ideal

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Genjuro wrote:

stop filling the forums with pointless posts. bye
First amendment rights motherfucker

Have a nice day
reminder that the first amendment doesn’t apply here and therefore staff has the rights to shut you up

anyways

people don’t care about ctb because it has a very divided community and compared to other modes it’s way too different, especially considering that it’s not as much of a rhythm game than the other modes.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

szkiller wrote:

You need atleast a 100Iq range to play ctb
Better watch more rick and morty
mulraf

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Almost all the people I know on discord that aren’t from an osu! discord
wat?

also minigame best game after main game but drum rolls are also 9/10 while spring rolls are 10/10 but i don't want to play piano thonks.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

mulraf wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Almost all the people I know on discord that aren’t from an osu! discord
wat?

also minigame best game after main game but drum rolls are also 9/10 while spring rolls are 10/10 but i don't want to play piano thonks.
I meant like Facebook friends or irl friends that play osu, I have most of them added on discord so that’s why I said discord