forum

Advice for mouse accuracy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LostShinigamii
I have gotten tapping at a relatively fast rate down, my only problem with now not being able to get past any harder beatmaps than maybe a 4 star is that I can't get my cursor to it's destinations fast enough. Anyone know any ways of helping the speed? (If you are suggesting turning up the sensitivity, please tell me how I would get used to the new speed)

Oh yea, I also play with a mouse, so...
DXPOHIHIHI
(If you are suggesting turning up the sensitivity, please tell me how I would get used to the new speed)

Oh yea, I also play with a mouse, so...[/quote]

Play more
Penguin

Fuzz13 wrote:

(If you are suggesting turning up the sensitivity, please tell me how I would get used to the new speed)
I would never recommend turning up your sensitivity because your aim isn't "fast enough." It will just make your aim a lot more inconsistent since you already have all that playtime on your current sens. (Well, I'm assuming, atleast) Getting fast aim is something that you build with playtime. Play more, get faster. Slowly start playing faster maps that are still playable for you, nothing too difficult.

If you take a look at this list of top mouse players (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0) you can see that a lot of the fastest players actually have a fairly low sens, IE: Flying Tuna, Akcel, Toushi, etc.

There's not a "top tier sens", it's just what you are comfortable with.

except mouse accel

never use mouse accel
arzi
Use your arm more.
pandaBee
dobn't dfrunk wqhen you clickho icrlces
UnnamedBeast
Find your perfect sensitivity and see whats the most comfortable sensitivity you have.

I used to use 500 DPI at 1x and it worked, but I changed it recently to 1000DPI at 0.85x and I feel more comfortable playing like this, and accurate as well.
dung eater
get a big ass mousepad and play with lower sens untill your arm isn't so weak/slow (1x 400 dpi/1080p or something). then use whatever sens you want.
mulraf
if you are too slow, then maybe your sens is too low.
in my opinion, to make your playstyle sustainable, you should be able to move from one corner of your screen to the other corner of your screen with your playstyle. so if you are a player who only moves his wrist then you shouldn't have to move your arm one inch to get from one corner to the other. because eventually you're gonna have to do just that in maps but you'll never have to go further than that.

if you already can do that then it should be fine i guess. if you still feel like it's too slow i guess you can still go a bit faster but i wouldn't overdo it. but to each his own.

so how to adjust? in small increments. don't go from 0.5 sens to 2.0 sens. go from 0.5 sens to 0.51 sens. and then maybe the next day or in two days you can go to 0.52 sens. no need to be quick, you know you're here forever anyways :^)
personally i used to be at ~600 dpi and 1x sens. now i'm at 3.200 dpi and 0.5x sens which is about 2.5x the original speed so i can garantuee this works.
Alexander911

Penguin Sanchez wrote:

Fuzz13 wrote:

I would never recommend turning up your sensitivity because your aim isn't "fast enough." It will just make your aim a lot more inconsistent since you already have all that playtime on your current sens. (Well, I'm assuming, atleast) Getting fast aim is something that you build with playtime. Play more, get faster. Slowly start playing faster maps that are still playable for you, nothing too difficult.

If you take a look at this list of top mouse players (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0) you can see that a lot of the fastest players actually have a fairly low sens, IE: Flying Tuna, Akcel, Toushi, etc.

There's not a "top tier sens", it's just what you are comfortable with.

except mouse accel

never use mouse accel
I actually agree with this, Before i use 1.95x, Raw Input:Off, 4/11, Enhanced Precision:On, I was just starting up with osu at that time, I'm around rank 900k or 800k i think. ~~but then shit happens~~ I was googling some players that ranked up so high with just playing mouse. Copyed the same settings as my mouse, 1.45(i used 1.35 cuz :3)x, Raw Input: On, Enhanced Precision:Off, 6/11. And i got better, 3 days of playing i can S some maps more often than before(but you know i also did get a S with 1.95x settings but it was soo hard xD), Well here's my regret that happened to me, Around 6PM in February 28, I played with one of the map that i actually suck before, i got an S, my hand was shaking like hell, and i played another one that's also harder for me to beat(to get S), and i actually got S, Around 9PM, I told my friend in discord how my hand was hurting, and he told me, that i need to take breaks to evade RSI, but too late, I was already suffering RSI after that. And still today, My RSI is still making my hand numb and shooting mild-pain, making me uncomfortable but that doesn't stop me from playing osu, i can still play osu but i need to just play around 1 hour and so.

So take note, Don't push yourself from this game or you'll suffer the downsides of this game.
ThanatosP3

Fuzz13 wrote:

I have gotten tapping at a relatively fast rate down, my only problem with now not being able to get past any harder beatmaps than maybe a 4 star is that I can't get my cursor to it's destinations fast enough. Anyone know any ways of helping the speed? (If you are suggesting turning up the sensitivity, please tell me how I would get used to the new speed)

Lol change to pen since it's the only way to become top 10.
Justified

- Infinite- wrote:

Fuzz13 wrote:

Lol change to pen since it's the only way to become top 10.

Azerite and Angelsim would like a word with you.
UnnamedBeast
You can be a top player with mouse lol