forum

Can't complete any beatmap at full combo

posted
Total Posts
show more
sayonara_sekai
try playing maps you can actually play instead of pressing z/x as fast as possible. you're just flailing your arms and playing click as fast as possible simulator right now. you're deluding yourself if you think you are actually able to play those maps. Just passing a map is completely meaningless if you get 30 misses and 75% acc or some horrid shit like that.

anyone can move their cursor fast and press z/x randomly and pass maps at 70% acc. Like I still get 88-90% acc with 5-15 misses on maps that are extremely way out of my league

As for FCing I think you might even be overestimating yourself with 3 stars if you think passing maps with 70-80% acc means anything. Be humble and drop your star rating until you feel comfortable getting at least 95% acc and FCing stuff first try and work your way up from there. Dont keep playing insanes when you cant even FC 3 stars or you're fucking yourself hard, you're only learning how to mash which wont get you anywhere ever.

or just keep doing what you're doing if you're in the market for a reaction test instead of a rhythm game.
Yakuyan

FlyingKebab wrote:

Shift+Tab - Never see the combo counter/acc % again.
You have saved my life with this one lol never knew this :o
FlyingKebab

phonics wrote:

anyone can move their cursor fast and press z/x randomly and pass maps at 70% acc. Like I still get 88-90% acc with 5-15 misses on maps that are extremely way out of my league
You don't need to outright attack the guy. The statement of 70% passing is flawed because not even you could just go and wiggle your cursor and pass Big Black or Freedom Dive with 70% let alone survive it. If he has the ability to pass insane maps without dying then he is getting there in terms of speed. On the accuracy point: I was in a similar situation like a week ago and i asked about accuracy or something similar (don't remember correctly) and they advised me to go play lower AR maps and get my accuracy up. I only invested one day in my accuracy and something clicked into place and now i run my limit of 4.5~ star maps with a few misses and usually capping out at 94% acc (90% mostly). My own accuracy is getting better with each day i play the game. I haven't full comboed anything since a few hards but since i only get a few misses in insanes i know a FC will happen eventually. I have only played for one month and I have invested more in speed and aim rather than accuracy but I have been acting on that weakpoint.

On the nervous point: There are various ways to counter your nerves one of which is not to psychologically aim for a FC in your head. Play the map a few times and don't think about that FC, just play it. Secondly one should not fear failure because you learn from mistakes. Next comes the don't retry a map 50+ times unless you are TheLewa and only get 1 or 2 misses in spots you REALLY are SURE you can pass without messing up in a few tries. Then there is the Shift+Tab method i suggested, this acts as my first point as you are not given the chance to think about how well you are doing and you a kind of forced to focus on the map itself rather than your combo count or accuracy.
Topic Starter
Osaifh

FlyingKebab wrote:

phonics wrote:

You don't need to outright attack the guy. The statement of 70% passing is flawed because not even you could just go and wiggle your cursor and pass Big Black or Freedom Dive with 70% let alone survive it. If he has the ability to pass insane maps without dying then he is getting there in terms of speed. On the accuracy point: I was in a similar situation like a week ago and i asked about accuracy or something similar (don't remember correctly) and they advised me to go play lower AR maps and get my accuracy up. I only invested one day in my accuracy and something clicked into place and now i run my limit of 4.5~ star maps with a few misses and usually capping out at 94% acc (90% mostly). My own accuracy is getting better with each day i play the game. I haven't full comboed anything since a few hards but since i only get a few misses in insanes i know a FC will happen eventually. I have only played for one month and I have invested more in speed and aim rather than accuracy but I have been acting on that weakpoint.

On the nervous point: There are various ways to counter your nerves one of which is not to psychologically aim for a FC in your head. Play the map a few times and don't think about that FC, just play it. Secondly one should not fear failure because you learn from mistakes. Next comes the don't retry a map 50+ times unless you are TheLewa and only get 1 or 2 misses in spots you REALLY are SURE you can pass without messing up in a few tries. Then there is the Shift+Tab method i suggested, this acts as my first point as you are not given the chance to think about how well you are doing and you a kind of forced to focus on the map itself rather than your combo count or accuracy.
Well, thanks for the extra advice, but the shift+tab thing has worked quite well, since I used it I have FC 2 3 star beatmaps with +95% acc, currently working on a third one
sayonara_sekai
did you really just compare freedom dive / big black to random 4 star insanes? im done
jesse1412

FlyingKebab wrote:

phonics wrote:

You don't need to outright attack the guy. The statement of 70% passing is flawed because not even you could just go and wiggle your cursor and pass Big Black or Freedom Dive with 70% let alone survive it.
I agree that what he said is most probable. What's your point now?
FlyingKebab
Getting 70% is doing something right in the first place, firstly he isn't failing and some skill is still required to survive a map. Saying anyone can do it is not entirely correct.

phonics wrote:

did you really just compare freedom dive / big black to random 4 star insanes? im done
My point wasn't directed to a certain difficulty but to the point that you do have to have the skill to survive a map. 4 star maps and Big Black/FD comparison is completely irrelevant here.

EDIT: Further discussion of this is not needed because OP already found a way to solve his problem.
Gumpy
Magical trick: Practice.
FlyingKebab

Gumpyyy wrote:

Magical trick: Practice.
Right some1 should just make the Gameplay/Rankings sub forum redirect to the Play More site. Ofc he is gonna get better by practicing.

EDIT: I need to sleep, writing things that are too random for me x.x .
otoed1

Osaifh wrote:

FlyingKebab wrote:

Shift+Tab - Never see the combo counter/acc % again.
Ah, nice, this helps. Thanks
I had this problem originally and I still get it at around 600-700 combo. The best thing to do is not use shift tab, and get used to it. You have to play until you get used to haveing 200 combo, then 300 and so on.
Florrow
Same over here, but i sometimes am able to full combo stuff that is under 350 max combo.
I went up to 700 combo on a 1000 combo map, but i choked there.
i can also do 4.5-5 stars map with passing A or B, accuracy never dropping under 86%
im still practicing the lower maps, but i full-comboed an insane song few days ago, it must've been godmode or smth ;D
vsprite
play more
ZenithPhantasm

vsprite wrote:

play more
shortpotato
buy a tablet
N0thingSpecial
Play osu! in an adequately higher frequency.
deletemyaccount

Osaifh wrote:

Well, the problem I have is that I can't complete any single beatmap at full combo.
You and me both
otoed1
Ooooh a necro with me in it thats so weird to see :D
Saphirshroom
^^same
Redzy
I know how you feel :P
Rels
Yeah, it's weird looking at other players' acc of like 84% beating me with my 96% all because I struggle to hold my combos. Mine is just a case of practicing and working my hand-eye co-ordination more.
arzi
Redzy, Husser maybe you should read the date of the thread before you reply to it :thinking:
Redzy
I was bored and I don't write on the forums a lot P:
Yes i know it's been four months since you replied xD