forum

Osu mania pp question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChrisS3097
Why is it so hard to get pp in mania ? :( I play 2 stars map and don't get even 10pp from full combo .. Can somebody explain please :(
Edgar_Figaro
Mania PP doesn't care about FC, although not breaking combo increases score somewhat as missing resets the bonus score counter.

Most of Manias PP comes from Score. 500k comes from hit judgement while the 500k comes from bonus score.

Bonus score is earned from a number that caps at 100 (which is what it starts at) and does +2 for max 300, +1 for 300, -8 for 200, -16 for 100, -32 for a 59, and resets to 0 if you miss. It doesn't take long to build up your bonus combo after a miss and missing only greatly hurts the score if you are getting good ACC to begin with.

The closer to 1 million the more PP you get although below 700k it drops off steeply and above 900k gives very small additional increases. Also longer songs give slightly more PP as well as songs with higher OD.

You can use this calculator to determine how much PP you'd get for certain scores.

t/516624
Vladimir Puchin

L3gEnDaRy97 wrote:

Why is it so hard to get pp in mania ?
No it is not.

Mania is the easiest mode to get pp. Mania pp is all about score. With the same score, even an accuracy difference of 5% only results in 3-5 pp difference. Combo matters even less, or doesn't matter at all.
Edgar_Figaro

Vladimir Puchin wrote:

L3gEnDaRy97 wrote:

Why is it so hard to get pp in mania ?
No it is not.

Mania is the easiest mode to get pp. Mania pp is all about score. With the same score, even an accuracy difference of 5% only results in 3-5 pp difference. Combo matters even less, or doesn't matter at all.
I'd honestly agree/disagree with this. It is the easiest to get up to lets say 10k PP but at low levels (below 3k PP) Taiko is by far the easiest
Vladimir Puchin

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

I'd honestly agree/disagree with this. It is the easiest to get up to lets say 10k PP but at low levels (below 3k PP) Taiko is by far the easiest
Dunno, it took me roughly a month to get to 4k pp mania but I can't even properly FC a muzu diff with 1 month focused on only taiko. Or maybe it applies to me as I'm a rage-quitter. The 3 other modes depend very heavily on combo to get pp but mania doesn't, thus I don't worry much about chokes and still get pp.
Edgar_Figaro

Vladimir Puchin wrote:

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Dunno, it took me roughly a month to get to 4k pp mania but I can't even properly FC a muzu diff with 1 month focused on only taiko. Or maybe it applies to me as I'm a rage-quitter. The 3 other modes depend very heavily on combo to get pp but mania doesn't, thus I don't worry much about chokes and still get pp.
Combo doesn't matter in Taiko but number of misses and ACC do. The ACC is more important than the number of misses. As far as score combo somewhat matters as combo builds up to 100 and then caps on points. So you will get affected heavily by score if you break a lot throughout the map but unlike standard or CTB you can still get a good score with a miss even if in the middle of the song.

It took me several months to get to 4K PP in Mania while it only took me a month in Taiko. I guess we all have different strengths and weaknesses.
MiMiXis

Vladimir Puchin wrote:

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

... But why would you exclude your obvious experience in mania? Of course it wont take you long to get to the top when you played similar games beforehand ;)
I know people who made several thousand in a day...