forum

PLEASE IMPROVE FADE-OUT FEATURE

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[Crz]sunnyxxy
I'm an osu!mania player from a previous game called Malody. Many of you may notice an annoying feature in osu!mania, and I call it "fade-out."

Since some of you play osu!mania only, I would like to introduce how annoying it can be when the pattern becomes really dense.

If you hit a note too early, it would give you a 50 or a miss. However, the note itself does not disappear immediately. Instead, it gets darker and darker, but still on the screen and mixing with other notes. THIS SEVERELY HINDERS THE READING OF PATTERNS.

When the map is not that dense, it's easy to distinguish the notes that I hit before and the notes that I'm going to hit. But it gets freaky when the map is very dense, especially for a speed map. My own experience is that A SINGLE EARLY 50 OR MISS CAN DESTROY MY READING COMPLETELY AND EVEN MAKE ME FAIL IMMEDIATELY.

I hope osu!mania can cancel the "fade-out" effect, or at least give an option to choose it or not. For players who only play osu!mania, they might benefit unexpectedly from this little improvement. For players from other games like me, it's even more important and urgent in the sense of gaming experience. Thanks.

(Plz forgive me for my bad grammar lol)
Lvevl_0
wow,I found out that sometimes I have such a problem too.
abraker
My skin just covers the bottom, so that has never affected me
Topic Starter
[Crz]sunnyxxy

abraker wrote:

My skin just covers the bottom, so that has never affected me
I have tried to do what you just said, but this approach is equally detrimental to reading (in my opinion, at least, as some people manage to adjust).
The important thing is, I believe that it'll be a huge improvement of gaming experience if the feature I described is changed.
NunotabaShinobu
这样吗.jpg
h3oCharles
another thing that is making notes fade out is "sliderbreaking" - letting go of a long note too early
insane player
null
insane player
null
Topic Starter
[Crz]sunnyxxy

Neverlink wrote:

Also, peppy is focused on the release of osu!lazer and would't bother with a not well known problem like this any time soon, but I dobut he would anyway
This problem is not prevalent, but serious to the ones who have noticed that lol
Hopefully it will be improved sometime...