forum

SAINT PEPSI - ENJOY YOURSELF

posted
Total Posts
show more
- Sophia
é impressao minha ou a late night delight nao muda a posiçao das notas?
edit: a musica e mt boa vo moddar isso mais tarde
Cheri
I haven't took a request from #modreq in a while so I saw this and figure I point out a few things

that is a weird low quality bg

You got 2 snapped objects on the top and hard (check aimod)

your mp3 is above 192kbps ~ need to find a different 1

This isn't really a mod btw ~ let me know when ya think this is ready and has some actually mods and i'll help out :)
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Hailie wrote:

I haven't took a request from #modreq in a while so I saw this and figure I point out a few things

that is a weird low quality bg intentional, but at least got a 1280x720 one now lol

You got 2 snapped objects on the top and hard (check aimod) fixd

your mp3 is above 192kbps ~ need to find a different 1 fixd

This isn't really a mod btw ~ let me know when ya think this is ready and has some actually mods and i'll help out :) thanks!
Mekki
There is almost nothing to mod here, literally only a ctrl + c ctrl + v in 60% of the map xD
_orange
from twitter..
top diff
00:22:142 (6) - not snapped and not in the exact spot as 00:24:647 (6) -
01:39:036 (7) - change to two circles? fits better
01:32:467 - two points "An inherited timing section may be placed on an uninherited timing section (but only to change the slider speed)." there's two different hitsound samplesets

hard
01:41:235 (3) - slightly touching hp bar
01:49:994 (1) - could space this a tiny bit closer to 4
01:34:343 (4,5) - i would prefer if 5 was stacked on 1 and 4 was moved somewhere else

gl!
Topic Starter
Mismagius

_orange wrote:

from twitter..
top diff
00:22:142 (6) - not snapped and not in the exact spot as 00:24:647 (6) - fixed
01:39:036 (7) - change to two circles? fits better imo it makes the transition to 01:39:349 (1) - smoother and emphasizes the clap better
01:32:467 - two points "An inherited timing section may be placed on an uninherited timing section (but only to change the slider speed)." there's two different hitsound samplesets fixed

hard
01:41:235 (3) - slightly touching hp bar fixed
01:49:994 (1) - could space this a tiny bit closer to 4 done
01:34:343 (4,5) - i would prefer if 5 was stacked on 1 and 4 was moved somewhere else imo this emphasizes it better and gives it a more noticeable difference to 01:29:342 (4,5) - and 01:24:342 (4,5) -

gl!
thanks for modding!
Xinnoh
call me back after Hailie bubbles

delight
00:44:803 (6,1) - Diff spike is huge regarding aim, these need to be changed. Imo would be simplest just to delete them, would fit the intensity of the map much better. Same for other two of these

love your song choices
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Sinnoh wrote:

call me back after Hailie bubbles

delight
00:44:803 (6,1) - Diff spike is huge regarding aim, these need to be changed. Imo would be simplest just to delete them, would fit the intensity of the map much better. Same for other two of these

love your song choices
fixed, rip star rating
Nakano Itsuki
Im literally finding nothing to mod out of this LOL

Love the song though
Shinx
literally half of the delight diff is 50% ctrl+v
good job
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Swadloon wrote:

literally half of the delight diff is 50% ctrl+v
good job
literally half the song is 50% ctrl+v
thanks

StarrStyx wrote:

Love the song though
thanks!
honk
late night delight

00:30:897 (2,3) - just seems really jarring coming out of nowhere. im sure its fine for probably everyone else but just seems weird in a hard diff.

only thing i really noticed while playing. nice song.
Megapcmx

StarrStyx wrote:

Love the song though
same :u
Namki
Idk if the timing is correct because for the second redline at the very end ticks go like 10 ms earlier than the actual beats. This requires some extra rechecks as for me.
DiceSA
Interesting song. Here's what I got

Late Night Delight
00:31:053 (3,4,5) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10272205 I think having backwards sliders here works better with the rhythm than just circles but that's just me. Same for 00:36:053 (3,4,5) - ,00:41:053 (3,4,5) - etc..

00:19:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10272259 I know the song is repeating but this is... a bit much?

01:13:440 (1,2) - I'm sure you could add a tiny bit of variety with this, by just rotating it 90 degrees and putting it in another corner, no?
You did it with the instrument here 01:16:253 (4,5) - so I'm unsure why you chose not to with this

01:22:467 (1,2,3,4,5,1,1,2,3,4,5) - Drums feel very hard hitting here I think you could increase spacing slightly to further embellish them in the map.

Cool map, bit repetitive but it has some really nice patterns and is chill af, hope this helps <3
realy0_
holy, this map remind me the $uicideboy's kill yourself nuked song
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Namki wrote:

Idk if the timing is correct because for the second redline at the very end ticks go like 10 ms earlier than the actual beats. This requires some extra rechecks as for me.
should be fixed. rechecked the timing slightly and while a few points may sound off, it's probably due to instrument overlaying because of how the song is edited, but when playing, the beats should be mapped to the instrument that has correct timing

DiceSA wrote:

Interesting song. Here's what I got

Late Night Delight
00:31:053 (3,4,5) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10272205 I think having backwards sliders here works better with the rhythm than just circles but that's just me. Same for 00:36:053 (3,4,5) - ,00:41:053 (3,4,5) - etc.. that would be overmapping it imo lol

00:19:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10272259 I know the song is repeating but this is... a bit much? disagree, the song is repetitive so i should be emphasizing it even more!

01:13:440 (1,2) - I'm sure you could add a tiny bit of variety with this, by just rotating it 90 degrees and putting it in another corner, no?
You did it with the instrument here 01:16:253 (4,5) - so I'm unsure why you chose not to with this intentional as well, it's supposed to emphasize repetition.

01:22:467 (1,2,3,4,5,1,1,2,3,4,5) - Drums feel very hard hitting here I think you could increase spacing slightly to further embellish them in the map. imo structurally it should be good enough as it is and i like the consistent spacing here better atm but could be done

Cool map, bit repetitive but it has some really nice patterns and is chill af, hope this helps <3
thanks a lot!

//

a bit worried about the metadata btw, some places say "Enjoy Yourself" such as discogs while the music label that published it on bandcamp says ENJOY YOURSELF so uhhhhhh i'll go with official release for now
Cheri

ok 01:32:467 - on all difficulties except top has using 2 different hitsound sets (don't think this unrankable telling from other threads but It don't hurt to fix)

anyways... I don't see a problem (50% of the map is literally copy+pasted...)

I guess call me back...?
Topic Starter
Mismagius
Cheri
Modding is so hard :c
Xinnoh
The music toucha my spaghet!
Shohei Ohtani
I'm really glad this map got qualified because I can use it as an example when people ask me "What's the worst map that has ever been qualified"
Xinnoh
Aren't you glad you can stop linking your maps when people ask that question
Mekki
Respect is everything, too bad some people doesn't have it at all.

Gurl, please stop, you are embarassing yourself ;)
Ataraxia
Topic Starter
Mismagius
lol
Izzywing
if you really think this is a bad map you can say why you think that instead of vague insults and mediocre copypastas
Nao Tomori
wait i got this.

ahem

01:21:842 (5,1) - https://i.imgur.com/rPI1PFV.png look how bad this blanket is, i can't believe we let trash like this slip through the cracks nowadays. smh.
dead game, peaked in 2014
-sent from my iphone
Topic Starter
Mismagius
thats not supposed to be a blanket

downvoted and removed from the BNG
Kuron-kun
upvoted and reopened issue.
Shohei Ohtani
idk this may just be a 2013 thing but low quality mp3s and bgs and literally repeating the same pattern over and over again for half of the map kind of don't seem like something worth ranking but hahahha it's okay it's a funny meme look at the moon man hahah yes this is really epic

You can be mad at me and think "oh man CDFA is a huge cunt waa he's not being weirdly specific enough and he's a big shithead" but the thing is that I really don't give a shit what you think lmao.
Topic Starter
Mismagius
low quality mp3 and bg - it's the entire vaporwave aesthetic. whether you like it or not, the song was made this way, the BG is fitting to the song (Mac Tonight is frequently referenced to in the album itself) and i don't see other options that would fit as well as this bg does. i don't know what you want me to do about the mp3, this is the original one.

patterns - the whole point of the map is to leave a lasting impression, done by making the beatmap fit the song itself. the copypaste isn't just copypasting because lol lazy mapping, the way the patterns flow into each other try to resemble the song itself being pasted over and over without "musical flow" or whatever music theory says about it. there's thought about how exactly it should fit and how it works better than just generic flow mapping that fills the ranking section nowadays.

there was effort put into this map, whether your own prejudice likes to think it's just a le meme effortless map because you don't like the song. your sad comment, however, just shows how baseless your opinion was on the matter. if you really want to say you changed & want to avoid getting permabanned (again), just try to express yourself better or else shit might happen. just saying. (and "not giving a shit about it" will probably change if you happen to get banned again, judging by how you got silenced over it and similar cases before)

also, yes, that's just a 2013 thing you have, and this comes from someone who has a largely outdated mapping point of view. you should keep your mind open to different mapping styles and songs or else you may end up as a washed-up mapper whose opinions don't really influence anyone. it's 2018, start to think like it.

also, if you still don't want to see "copypasted shit" on your precious ranking section, i just got a vaporwave song that's literally 5 minutes of copypaste ranked, except this time all of the copypasted sections were mapped individually with their own rhythm. that may be up to your taste, if you wanna check it.
Aeril
tbhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Shohei Ohtani
Me "changing" isn't about "oh i'm gonna be nice to everyone now ((((((:!!!", I'm still going to call you out if I disagree with something, and I'm still going to talk in the way that I usually talk, because that's how shit gets done.

However, what you've just done is making this personal. During this entire time, I have made this about the map, and only the map. You have made this about not only my comment, but about me as a person. And that's fucked. So what you've done is lost all respect that I may have had for you, because you've shown that you're unable to have a decent discussion about a map without reaching for ways to attack me because I hurt your feelings and didn't sugarcoat my feelings about the map.

I really don't get how "leaving a lasting impression" translates into "Doing the same pattern over and over again."

I get it from an artistic sense and it reminds me of older maps like this (which big shock everyone fucking hated this map when it got ranked) but if you wanted to make it not seem like you just slapped 2 patterns into a map you could have had it be a variation upon a notable pattern. You have your pattern, and it repeats, probably STARTS in the same place, so you have that memory recall, but you DO something with it so it's not just slapped over and over again, especially on the highest difficulty when people are going to be expecting a lot more out of maps.

It's sort of a philosophy I have about kiai sections. They're the same shit over and over again, right? So I'd copy-paste them, because yeah, that makes sense, and everyone gave me shit for it since "waa cdfa you're so fucking lazy", so what I do instead is that I make REFERENCE to the earlier patterns, while still giving it its own distinctness.

It's a fine line between artistic and lazy and sadly, in my opinion, this reaches the line of lazy.

If the community disagrees with me, then that's great. This is my opinion regarding the map and it will take a lot for me to change it.

I suggest you grow some thicker skin before throwing personal attacks at me. I've been given my fair amount of shit in the 8 years that I've been mapping, so I have no sympathy for hurt feelings.

I suggest if you want to make this personal, make it personal. My PMs are always open, and I'll happily give you my contact information for your preferred method of communication.
Topic Starter
Mismagius
lol dude i just mentioned that posting inappropriate copypastas isn't really the best way to get your point across, no need to get triggered over it. if you don't want to get silenced/banned again, don't do stupid stuff

either way iNiStyle isn't mapped like that because "it's an artistic reference to the song", it's mapped like that because they're just mimicking what iNiS did on elite beat agents. it's a different reasoning and it usually doesn't work as well (also that's 2010)

it's a gimmick. if you don't like it that's too bad, there are other maps out there. i mapped this intentionally as it is and it wasn't done as laziness.

i suggest we just drop this conversation at this point. nothing good is going to come out from it and i don't intend on changing the map because some people don't get its point.
Aurele
The cat fight is done?

Finish that by PM. I won’t be far to take action if it’s necessary.
VINXIS
We Get It Bro U Vape(or wave) x DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD 12 btw

can u make more saint pepsi Tho
SynnerStar

Guillotine wrote:

ayyyy
ayyyy