forum

Skinning suggestions for newbie.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
atturbo555
Hello everyone! In this forum are both suggestions and questions for newbies about Skinning.
Please read the Skinning rules before posting. Click here to view them

Q:Are mixed skins allowed to be posted here?
A:No, it's not. This forum is for sharing 100% original creations only.

Q:Are Edited skins also mixed skins?
A:Yes, they are. They are also not allowed in this forum.

Q:Where can I post mixed skins?
A:
1. Your userpage (You need to be osu! supporter at least once in lifetime, even if it expires)

2. Your signature

3. /r/osuskins/ Subreddit

4. Language Specific forum

[notice]I know someone will ask "Why we don't have a skin database just like beatmaps do?"
First, there's osuskins.info, which is no longer maintained. Second, this is planned for osu!lazer

Q:Why I can't see my thread or I can't reply to it?
A:The thread in subject was locked or wastelanded (deleted) It most likely broke the rules.

Q:Can I ask for a skin / element?
A:No, It's not allowed here.

Q:Does the forum have any skin rating? And what isn't allowed in my skin?
A:Yes, it isn't allowed to have images containing (and not limited to) nudity, near-nudity, sexual references, violence, drug abuse, etc.

Q:What is the Completed Skins subforum? And how can I move my skin there?
A:You can submit it to the Completed Skins Queue. Before you do it however, make sure that it doesn't break any rules and you already posted it on the forum.

Q:How to make skin? What program(s) should I use?
A:Most of skinners use Photoshop. However, if you don't have the means to get it, GIMP and Paint.NET are also valid choices. Some people go even one step further and use vector image editors, such as Inkscape.

Q:What should I do if a download link is down?
A:
First of all, Please don't bump if it's too old.
If you do it and OP (Original Poster) does not respond, you'll recieve a mute and the thread in subject will be locked and/or wastelanded (deleted)

Q:What about posting skin elements? (Suggestion by : Master_chan)
A:You can sharing your original skin elements in here.

Q:Are Remake skins also mixed skins?
A:No, it's not. But please make sure that it doesn't break any rules. And made by myself only.

Q:Can I use Proplayer skin elements?
A:No, you can't. Because many Proplayer skin is mixed from other skin too.

Q:How to post screenshots?
A:You can post screenshot by.

[img]https:/img-hosting.website/code/namecode.(File extension)[/img]
Such as...
[img]https://puu.sh/zqW9c/8b1fec57b5.png[/img]
Cutcome...

Q:What is op reply?
A:Such as...

If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to reply to this thread. And I will add more suggestions in soon.
Thank you for reading.

Edit by : h3oCharles was here
h3oCharles
oh hi, here's finally something useful
Topic Starter
atturbo555

h3oCharles wrote:

oh hi, here's finally something useful
Now i wait for pining by GMT stuff.
Lyawi
Aren't the rules clear enough? People will read this as often as rules are getting read.
Topic Starter
atturbo555

Lyawi wrote:

Aren't the rules clear enough? People will read this as often as rules are getting read.
Just expand and suggestions.
Anemic Witch
What about posting skin elements?
h3oCharles

Lyawi wrote:

no, they are not
SleepingD
helpful!!!!
Topic Starter
atturbo555

Master_chan wrote:

OK, I will add this suggestions in soon.

SleepingD wrote:

helpful!!!!
Thx!
Momoi Airi
Well, this was proven useful for skinning newbies :3

One random note, my personal skin was made by myself but with the exception of couple of gameplay elements taken from other skins, like score-n from Cookiezi skin, scoreentry-n from your Honoka skin, and some others. The interface, ranking panel, mod icons and some others were made by me.

That's the thing to know about my personal skinning experience :3
Topic Starter
atturbo555

Narukiko wrote:

Well, this was proven useful for skinning newbies :3

One random note, my personal skin was made by myself but with the exception of couple of gameplay elements taken from other skins, like score-n from Cookiezi skin, scoreentry-n from your Honoka skin, and some others. The interface, ranking panel, mod icons and some others were made by me.

That's the thing to know about my personal skinning experience :3
Yeah, thx!
Lathler
This is definitely useful for new players who questions this kind of stuff and who don't read rules and just posted mixed skins and say its not mixed skin
Topic Starter
atturbo555

Lathler wrote:

This is definitely useful for new players who questions this kind of stuff and who don't read rules and just posted mixed skins and say its not mixed skin
Yes.
h3oCharles

Master_chan wrote:

Although it is allowed, I wouldn't recommend it, as it doesn't get as much attention as full skins do
Topic Starter
atturbo555

Suggestions Update