forum

AniSemble - Souji Okita 14/07/2019

posted
Total Posts
show more
Froste
Ok I just made some tests following what you told me.
Skin is still Kafuu Chino.

Compatibility mode OFF never has missing elements

With compatibility mode ON :
Skin with no modificaition : missing elements (ranking letters in ranking panel, pause-overlay, fail-background)
Skin without any play-skip : no missing elements
Skin without any HD files : no missing elements but weird comma with the accuracy (https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9960984)
Skin without any HD play-skip : no missing elements
Skin without any play-skip except 1 HD frame : no missing elements

Maybe a problem with memory limitation or something like that with compatibility mode? But that's weird because my RAM is only used at 61% with osu and chrome opened. I still don't understand why I've these memory problems only with compatibility mode when you dlwnstns99 have no issues at all. :(
Anyway I really like these skins so thank you!
Topic Starter
downy
Woah shit good testing right there however:

I did test on kafuu chino in same conditions as yours and on my end, I got this:

Compatibility mode off: pass

With compatibility mode:
Skin without modification: pass
Skin without play-skip: pass
Skin without HD files: PASS
Skin without HD play-skip: pass
Skin with 1 HD frame of play-skip: pass

I've seen people having the comma and it irritates me. But I'm not gonna fix the comma because it feels so minor especially if I do not know what the actual cause of why this is happening.

Ok, when you open osu then immediately load up/play a beatmap:
Does it take a long time?
If it does, you may witness lag.
When that happens, quickly check your task manager.

Kinda sad that I'm not facing these problems when you, Froste and other people are having hard times using this skin fully. Apologises.
This is something I CAN'T do to fix. (prob)

Conclusion:

Pretty sure some computers are having this issue.
Memory limitation is one thing but there could also be another factor to it:

*This is based on what information I got from you*

File limitation size.
Reason why im saying this is because when you keep deleting shit in the folder, it goes fine.
So we know that Kafuu Chino is 166MB. So the maximum file size that it can handle is definitely lower than 166mb.
If we include deleting the HD play-skip except 1 frame, the size of disk is 128MB. So all I know is that 128MB is within the ahem...

'safe zone'

I dont know whats considered the file size as the safe zone but lower than 128MB should be fine. (in your case)

btw thanks for the compliment \o/
Froste
When I load a map after opening osu it's a bit longer (maybe 1-2sec longer) when I've all skin elements, still with compatibility mode. Also I feel like I've a little lag when I first open the pause menu too, but it seems to be the case no matter the conditions.
What am I supposed to check in my task manager?

These are my osu ram usage with all skin elements and compatibility mode ON (missing elements) :
When I start the game : 212MB
When I go into song selection : Between 400 and 510MB
After loading a first map : 1170MB
After loading pause-menu (overlay is missing) : no change
Ram usage seems to stay over 1GB until I quit the game or I change skin.

Same conditions but compatibility mode OFF (no missing elements) :
When I start the game : 192MB
When I go into song selection : peak at 324MB then 300MB after a few seconds
After loading a first map : 374MB
After loading pause menu : ram usage increase something like 30MB

Now without HD play-skip and compatibility mode ON (no missing elements) ;
When I start the game : 212MB
When I go into song selection : Between 400 and 510MB
After loading a first map : 776MB
After loading pause menu : 837MB

Those tests are not that accurate since I loaded random beatmap, but that doesn't change that much.
It seems like some skin elements doesn't appear when osu ram usage goes over 1GB, I'm not sure tho. I've still 2,4GB of ram free when osu ram usage goes over 1GB.
Topic Starter
downy
You check the task manager and see if everything is alright. Nothing more than that. lol

Ok I only tested out the compatibility mode (including the play-skip) and found out that:

When start game: 400MB
Song selection: 700MB
Loading first map: 1170-1178MB
RAM stays as over 1GB until quit or change skin.

I guess it depends on how many beatmaps you have when it comes to starting the game and entering the song selection menu.
I don't know why but I didn't realise that when I tried out compatibility mode, play-skip was acting retarded. Like it was flashing and shit. (I keep restarting and nothing changed)
AND IMPORTANTLY:
The ranking letters and pause background didnt appear. But as soon as I restarted the game, it went back to normal. This may happen to me but in a very slim chance.

We know that compatibility mode doesn't like to handle big skins especially the play-skip AND it consumes more RAM.
Optimisation-wise, compatibility mode is worse than the non-compatibility mode.

I think the play-skip buttons I make does not like compability mode which may affect other elements.
So to my own conclusion, osu! can run files from the skin but not all of them which basically means that other elements can just simply crash.
Froste
Ok good to know.

That's sad that I need to play with compatibility mode since the combo nvidia optimus drivers + OpenGL + Windows 10 has poor performence in any game compared to DirectX. Less fps, more tearing and stuttering, or software like MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner that doesn't show the correct fps for any software using OpenGL rendering. (it actually shows fps*2, if I'm at 240fps it will shows 480fps https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9965208)
Hope nvidia will fix these drivers soon but it seems to be a long-standing issue. :(
h3oCharles
about the comma problem, it gets drawn based on what country you're on. Since I'm in Poland and decimals are separated with a comma there, it is used then.
However, you being in New Zealand, causes you to see the dot
Topic Starter
downy
response to h3ocharles

h3oCharles wrote:

about the comma problem, it gets drawn based on what country you're on. Since I'm in Poland and decimals are separated with a comma there, it is used then.
However, you being in New Zealand, causes you to see the dot

ÀAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAA
Froste
The problem isn't the comma itself tho, but its size and position when there are no HD files.
Topic Starter
downy
The reason being is that I didnt skin the comma therefore uses the default comma instead.

yea, that was my bad.
Froste
But I don't understand why the comma has the right size and is properly placed when hd files are still there?
Topic Starter
downy
Please elaborate what you mean by 'right size' and 'properly placed'
Froste

dlwnstns99 wrote:

Please elaborate what you mean by 'right size' and 'properly placed'
Without HD files :

With HD files :
Topic Starter
downy
huh idk about that tbh.

idk why it behaves like that.
Lhotse
Hi!
I'm interested in skinning since a while now and I never succeeded to figure out how to skin the top part of the menu... i mean I knew it was about the "mode-xxx-small" etc but I never found the right size of the image, did you already know about it or did you just test it step by step to get the right template ? For three months i was unable to do it properly XD
Congrats for finding it and for these awesome skins ! Nice work !
Topic Starter
downy
response to Lhotse

Lhotse wrote:

Hi!
I'm interested in skinning since a while now and I never succeeded to figure out how to skin the top part of the menu... i mean I knew it was about the "mode-xxx-small" etc but I never found the right size of the image, did you already know about it or did you just test it step by step to get the right template ? For three months i was unable to do it properly XD
Congrats for finding it and for these awesome skins ! Nice work !
Hello.
Are you asking for help regarding the mode-x-small?
You can use the mode-x-small from the skins i made and use them as a reference.
Surely, if you go to skins! discord server they may provide some help for you.
Otherwise dm me ewfwefgwg#2221 (im on holiday trip so I may not reply in a fast manner)

I tested it step by step. To my knowledge, back then there was no template for it because no one really has skinned the top section of song selection menu.

Monster Bait
Hey man great job on that ro500 skin!
KylerMR
LOOOOVE the skin! Just absolutely beautiful. Wasn't much of a fan of the 16:9 and trailless cursor but, this skin made me just love them. A quick question.. am i the only one bugged out with missing the "Replay" button? If so how could I fix this. I read the important notice stating to restart the game but I have and I still have no luck with it fixing itself.. any help. Thanks guys love ya <3. UPDATE skin is fine.. replay and health bar just missing for map/replay.. interesting but, oh well.
Enzie
These looks amazing! :)
Topic Starter
downy
Response to KylerMR

KylerMR wrote:

LOOOOVE the skin! Just absolutely beautiful. Wasn't much of a fan of the 16:9 and trailless cursor but, this skin made me just love them. A quick question.. am i the only one bugged out with missing the "Replay" button? If so how could I fix this. I read the important notice stating to restart the game but I have and I still have no luck with it fixing itself.. any help. Thanks guys love ya <3. UPDATE skin is fine.. replay and health bar just missing for map/replay.. interesting but, oh well.
Hello

- You should probably state which skin(s) that you were using that's causing the bug.
- It would be also nice to screenshot as well.

It would comfortable for me to answer your situation better.

Honestly, I'm not sure why its happening. No one has told me about the bug that you mentioned. It could just be you.

Have you tried other skins besides mine?
Have you redownloaded the skin(s)?

Thats all the suggestion I could give.

Cheers.
Topic Starter
downy
bump
h3oCharles

KylerMR wrote:

A quick question.. am i the only one bugged out with missing the "Replay" button? If so how could I fix this.
CTRL+O -> Skin -> Open current skin folder
are you sure that "pause-replay" is not a fully transparent image? If it's not, the replay in subject only stores the results and not the aim/tapping
Monster Bait
that ro500 skin is great! done the best ship girl justice ;o

hb btw (:
Meive
POGGERS
Tennoji Rina
BUMP! Love the Zero Two Skin!
Renzu
You should add 16:10 resolution support

Oh and do one for Aqua (KonoSuba)
Yosagi
素晴らしい
Topic Starter
downy
Response to spicy_sausage

spicy_sausage wrote:

You should add 16:10 resolution support

Oh and do one for Aqua (KonoSuba)

no.
Carried by Phat
I love these skin a lot. I want to say my favorite is Jeanne of Arc since she is waifu but I just feel like her pause menu is lacking quality compare to the other fate skin Nero. I think the ranking panel picture of Jeanne is lacking in term of quality compare to the Nero skin, maybe a different high quality picture. The fail screen have room for creativity like the other Yukino skin. These are just minor stuffs but other than that I think this Jeanne skin is amazing. Looking forward to any update on this skin if there is one in the future because I really like Jeanne and Jalter.
Topic Starter
downy
Response to pikaflare

pikaflare wrote:

I love these skin a lot. I want to say my favorite is Jeanne of Arc since she is waifu but I just feel like her pause menu is lacking quality compare to the other fate skin Nero. I think the ranking panel picture of Jeanne is lacking in term of quality compare to the Nero skin, maybe a different high quality picture. The fail screen have room for creativity like the other Yukino skin. These are just minor stuffs but other than that I think this Jeanne skin is amazing. Looking forward to any update on this skin if there is one in the future because I really like Jeanne and Jalter.

The old skins is quite 'outdated' compared to the new skins regarding quality. tbh i really want to remake jeanne after looking at it for quite some time but unfortunately i just dont have the right time to skin. feelsbad.
Carried by Phat

dlwnstns99 wrote:

Response to pikaflare

pikaflare wrote:

The old skins is quite 'outdated' compared to the new skins regarding quality. tbh i really want to remake jeanne after looking at it for quite some time but unfortunately i just dont have the right time to skin. feelsbad.

I hope there is a remake that would be awesome because like you said compare to some of the new skin of the list, this look quite outdated in a way. Hope you have some time to skin man.
yayL
Amazing!
Warex
the yuuki skin is just beautiful <3
Naphe
This is an awesome skin. definitely would recommend to be in the compendium.

Keep up the good work :) :) :)
_KoeNoKatachi_
This skin is awesome!!! <33
Em0_S4m3
why i can't dowload it ??
Nooblet09
THANKS DLWNSTNS99 COOL SKINS
i customized the zero two one abit cuz im a noob
Topic Starter
downy
Response to Em0_S4m3

Em0_S4m3 wrote:

why i can't dowload it ??

be specific.
have you tried using the gdrive link?
Bandito_Twitch
Really cool 02 skin!
Quick question. I like the jojo reference but I want to replace it with a different 02 image. What would be the best way to replace all the Kakyoin 02 images?
- Rem
thanks
Topic Starter
downy
Response to Bandito_Twitch

Bandito_Twitch wrote:

Really cool 02 skin!
Quick question. I like the jojo reference but I want to replace it with a different 02 image. What would be the best way to replace all the Kakyoin 02 images?

You're always free to check the extras folder.
If you're not satisfied, give me an image and I'll do the dirty work for you. :thumbsup:
show more