forum

UNDEAD CORPORATION - Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lul...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Seijiro
Just making sure everything is alright.

1. 00:20:953 (1,2,3,4) - considering the speed, it's hard to read them imo (the fact each side of the square is uneven is what makes it hard to read). I'd go with something simpler (3-4 can be Ctrl G'd to add spice if you want) (or just make anything clean to make all beats look the same, up to you)
  2. 00:33:397 - looks really similar to 00:44:064 - which you represented better on guitar tbh (second instance looks better than first, rhythm-wise) // 01:40:064 - same (guitar gets ignored even if it's the main attraction)
  3. 01:04:064 - starting from this point, I lost focus on what your sliders are following. I was expecting them to fall on guitar strums but that wasn't the case. Places where a slider would have been better instead: 01:05:064 (5) - 01:05:730 (3) - 01:06:064 (1) - 01:06:397 (3) - // 01:46:730 - kinda the same
  4. 01:00:730 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - wouldn't these be better off as a single combo? The rhythm looks like being a whole stanza with the last beat being particularly more emphasized. Here's a picture of the rhythm I am hearing, a tornado pattern seems to be the easiest way to represent it as in the song
  5. 01:03:397 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - this is highly personal, but instead of constant DS'd curves/lines I would have went for stacks instead. On this crazy BPM doing straight ahead jumps is a lot harsher than doing back and forth movements. It also looks like a nice reading challenge this way tbh
  6. 01:09:730 (3,4,5) - kinda the same ^ but idk if it would work as well... The fact you put a more stressing pattern on a calm part is what makes it stand out to me tho
  7. 01:24:730 (1,2) - better silence unused beats (tails). You also have strong base hitsounds so this makes them stand out even more
  8. 01:25:064 -01:34:647 - feels a bit of a waste to not map the guitar's chords in this section. The entire song is crazy streams so I would rather use that slight variety when there is some.
  9. 02:07:730 - it might be just me, but the song looks wasted like this :/ You are totally ignoring guitar or any additional detail to go full drum. I do understand it's a mapping choice but it's kinda boring to play all the map on drums, not to mention it is also misleading at times since guitar takes the main stage and does more "interesting rhythms" like this section does, till 02:29:980 -
  10. 03:47:013 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - I get the feeling I already pointed this stuff out, but you seem to be ignoring the violins you followed at 03:45:236 (1,2,3,4) - . What I would probably expect more is something like... this instead // 03:50:569 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - same, etc... // 05:28:347 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - same...
  11. 03:54:791 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - ok, this is fucking cool if we pay attention to violins, which makes me wonder even more why the above parts are like that lol
  12. 03:58:569 - from here on vocals/chorus do a nice 2/1 rhythm which would have cool represented with changes in the stream's direction. Instead I find some seldom sliders at 03:59:902 (1,2) - which make me scratch my head again as to why, since then I find inconsistencies with the other ones in various aspects like 04:07:902 (9,10) - no reserved combo for these ones and the rhythm is not even the same as the first link in this point ?.?
    I mean, 03:59:902 (1,2) - this is even cool since it fits on vocals, but the fact they are not consistent and used on stuff that is not even similar to this is what makes me go ?.?
    Take just 03:59:902 (1,2) - and 04:00:791 (9,10) - . The rhythm on the first sliders is a double lyric, evenly of 1/1 for each slider. The second pair of sliders are covering the usual 2/1 vocals and that's what doesn't work imo... why ?.? Extending 9 to be 2/1 long would fit way better here, if we were to take care of vocals.
  13. 04:03:902 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1) - again, it might be a stylistic choice, but putting drums in-between these parts you (somewhat) used to follow vocals feels kinda unfitting to me.
    Let's assume it's fine to go on drums (since it's indeed fine) tho: you put jumps on 04:04:236 - 04:04:569 - 04:04:791 - and I assumed you did that to make up for those vocals... but listening to the song, vocals just do the usual 2/1 lyric long, so your jumps should have been on 04:04:347 - 04:04:791 - imo
  14. 05:13:680 (9,10) - vs 05:12:791 (9,10) - / 05:11:902 (9,10) - . I pointed this out before and it's the same thing all over again: you put pairs of sliders both where the vocals do a 1/1 rhythm (which is fine/fitting) and a 2/1 rhythm (which feels off since you have to click twice instead of just once)
  15. 06:10:124 - I would start to follow guitar from where the new section starts, otherwise it feels off to make the change in-between at 06:11:902 (1,1) - .
    If you start the whole passage on drums it is more expected from the map to keep doing that since it doesn't really change much in that specific point if you notice
  16. 06:24:347 - I assumed you went back on drums from this point onward so that makes me wonder why you skipped the constant 1/1 rhythm and instead put this slider + circle rhythm: every once in a while you skip one of those characteristic beats on drums on the white tick like 06:24:569 - 06:25:236 - , not to mention the whole rhythm on clicks feels off in that regard ("hey, if the map is like this it means that there are groups of 3 beats in the song: first 2 are strong beats, due to click, and the last one is weak, due to slider tail... but then... the song just does a constant 1/1.. ?.?")
  17. 06:44:124 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - looks kinda random, but I guess it's the 2017 trend to do this, heh...
  18. 06:52:791 - from here till the end you have again that issue with sliders representing both 2/1 and 1/1 vocals in this kiai, and in the next one you have always sliders not following the violins in the places I mentioned somewhere above
zzz
It felt cooler when I checked it the first time... I guess looking at it in depth made me change my mind slightly on it :/ (unless I missed something obvious that justifies everything, ofc)
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Gotta go to work soon so Ill reply when I get home. But I actually agree with you. The map isnt as good as before.

Osu mapping/modding has really really pissed me off these days, its a constant string of someone asking for something to be changed, and then others complaining at said changes.

Trying to accommodate for everyones personal opinions that all clash is impossible. I myself dont even like 90% of the changes that Ive been somewhat forced to make just to try and rank this.

Anyways placeholder
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

MrSergio wrote:

Just making sure everything is alright.

1. 00:20:953 (1,2,3,4) - considering the speed, it's hard to read them imo (the fact each side of the square is uneven is what makes it hard to read). I'd go with something simpler (3-4 can be Ctrl G'd to add spice if you want) (or just make anything clean to make all beats look the same, up to you) - Fair enough. Instead of an actual square Ive gone with it crossing since the drums are slightly lower for the 3 and 4, so having a smaller gap from the 2 helps with emphasis.
  2. 00:33:397 - looks really similar to 00:44:064 - which you represented better on guitar tbh (second instance looks better than first, rhythm-wise) // 01:40:064 - same (guitar gets ignored even if it's the main attraction) - The second one is different because the drums are much much different, so all the emphasis goes on them. for the first 2 that was the rhythm many people suggested to me. If you still want me to change them Im open for suggestions. That being said I think it mixes the guitar and drums fine.
  3. 01:04:064 - starting from this point, I lost focus on what your sliders are following. I was expecting them to fall on guitar strums but that wasn't the case. Places where a slider would have been better instead: 01:05:064 (5) - 01:05:730 (3) - 01:06:064 (1) - 01:06:397 (3) - // 01:46:730 - kinda the same - Following vocals and drums with guitar being emphasised on the linear patterns. Still think the sliders consistently fit with the guitar also.
  4. 01:00:730 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - wouldn't these be better off as a single combo? The rhythm looks like being a whole stanza with the last beat being particularly more emphasized. Here's a picture of the rhythm I am hearing, a tornado pattern seems to be the easiest way to represent it as in the song - Fixing all these to be like what you suggested, keeping the combos since each white tick has a sharp tone change.
  5. 01:03:397 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - this is highly personal, but instead of constant DS'd curves/lines I would have went for stacks instead. On this crazy BPM doing straight ahead jumps is a lot harsher than doing back and forth movements. It also looks like a nice reading challenge this way tbh - Not a fan of this suggestion, linear because the drums sorta stick out on their own and the only real heavy hit is the switch I put on the NC.
  6. 01:09:730 (3,4,5) - kinda the same ^ but idk if it would work as well... The fact you put a more stressing pattern on a calm part is what makes it stand out to me tho - Same reason as above, and Im not sure what you mean by which is the calmer part, above is calmer song wise, but the drums on the second are really mellow.
  7. 01:24:730 (1,2) - better silence unused beats (tails). You also have strong base hitsounds so this makes them stand out even more - Applied.
  8. 01:25:064 -01:34:647 - feels a bit of a waste to not map the guitar's chords in this section. The entire song is crazy streams so I would rather use that slight variety when there is some. - Bloodthirsty isnt really that streamy, just a couple sections and a few drum fills, I feel my use of the sliders for this part perfectly helps make the guitar stand out more than if I focused 100% on the guitar.
  9. 02:07:730 - it might be just me, but the song looks wasted like this :/ You are totally ignoring guitar or any additional detail to go full drum. I do understand it's a mapping choice but it's kinda boring to play all the map on drums, not to mention it is also misleading at times since guitar takes the main stage and does more "interesting rhythms" like this section does, till 02:29:980 - - The solo is an absolute mess of misstimes and inconsistent rhythm, I feel its much better to emphasize the strong points and keep an easy regular beat to avoid a troublesum mess of a section. I follow guitar for the second half because it actually picks up and its a consistent and easy rhythm to follow
  10. 03:47:013 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - I get the feeling I already pointed this stuff out, but you seem to be ignoring the violins you followed at 03:45:236 (1,2,3,4) - . What I would probably expect more is something like... this instead // 03:50:569 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - same, etc... // 05:28:347 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - same... - For the part you pointed out, the pitch in the strings only changes once, hence one repeat slider as opposed to 4 which I used before for when the strings actually change pitch to match. The compact stream helps compliment the strings holding onto that one note quite well. If I added more repeats you'd be switching beats on literally nothing.
  11. 03:54:791 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - ok, this is fucking cool if we pay attention to violins, which makes me wonder even more why the above parts are like that lol - This is the only part where the strings are the main focus, the other times this comes up its drowned out by strong vocals or right at the end of the song, a massive drum fill.
  12. 03:58:569 - from here on vocals/chorus do a nice 2/1 rhythm which would have cool represented with changes in the stream's direction. Instead I find some seldom sliders at 03:59:902 (1,2) - which make me scratch my head again as to why, since then I find inconsistencies with the other ones in various aspects like 04:07:902 (9,10) - no reserved combo for these ones and the rhythm is not even the same as the first link in this point ?.? - I cant remember if I explained this in the thread, but the first set of repeats actually fit the vocals for that part, I dont use it again on the repeating measure since it doesnt fit them at all. The way I do this is still consistent for the whole map. The rest of the repeats are used as breaks for the player. Otherwise the streams would be way too long. this also explains why the streams consistently last for the second half of a measure into the first of the next, the start of each is very strong and placing more repeats would ruin that.
    I mean, 03:59:902 (1,2) - this is even cool since it fits on vocals, but the fact they are not consistent and used on stuff that is not even similar to this is what makes me go ?.?
    Take just 03:59:902 (1,2) - and 04:00:791 (9,10) - . The rhythm on the first sliders is a double lyric, evenly of 1/1 for each slider. The second pair of sliders are covering the usual 2/1 vocals and that's what doesn't work imo... why ?.? Extending 9 to be 2/1 long would fit way better here, if we were to take care of vocals.
  13. 04:03:902 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1) - again, it might be a stylistic choice, but putting drums in-between these parts you (somewhat) used to follow vocals feels kinda unfitting to me.
    Let's assume it's fine to go on drums (since it's indeed fine) tho: you put jumps on 04:04:236 - 04:04:569 - 04:04:791 - and I assumed you did that to make up for those vocals... but listening to the song, vocals just do the usual 2/1 lyric long, so your jumps should have been on 04:04:347 - 04:04:791 - imo - Each circle for the fills is on a drum hit, the slider tails are for the bass kicks inbetween each set of drum beats, since they all change in tone as well it fits in that regard also.
  14. 05:13:680 (9,10) - vs 05:12:791 (9,10) - / 05:11:902 (9,10) - . I pointed this out before and it's the same thing all over again: you put pairs of sliders both where the vocals do a 1/1 rhythm (which is fine/fitting) and a 2/1 rhythm (which feels off since you have to click twice instead of just once) - These are all consistent though, they're meant purely as breaks so the whole thing isnt one long stream and them randomly some repeats for the one time the vocals are 2/1
  15. 06:10:124 - I would start to follow guitar from where the new section starts, otherwise it feels off to make the change in-between at 06:11:902 (1,1) - .
    If you start the whole passage on drums it is more expected from the map to keep doing that since it doesn't really change much in that specific point if you notice - Same reasons as bloodthirsty solo, very very bland random guitar sounds that arent that strong wouldnt make for good or interesting playability IMO, I only choose to pick out the strong points where guitar picks up above the rest of the song.
  16. 06:24:347 - I assumed you went back on drums from this point onward so that makes me wonder why you skipped the constant 1/1 rhythm and instead put this slider + circle rhythm: every once in a while you skip one of those characteristic beats on drums on the white tick like 06:24:569 - 06:25:236 - , not to mention the whole rhythm on clicks feels off in that regard ("hey, if the map is like this it means that there are groups of 3 beats in the song: first 2 are strong beats, due to click, and the last one is weak, due to slider tail... but then... the song just does a constant 1/1.. ?.?") - I honestly dunno what you mean by this, it was 100% meant to follow guitar, and I dont see any issues with how it doesnt.
  17. 06:44:124 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - looks kinda random, but I guess it's the 2017 trend to do this, heh... - Its the absolute peak of the song IMO. The whole solo has been building up difficulty for this part. Not having this stand out from the rest would be really weird. In regards to it being random, the guitar tones are in groups of 2, and the spacing matches the pitch of them. Larger for high, smaller for low.
  18. 06:52:791 - from here till the end you have again that issue with sliders representing both 2/1 and 1/1 vocals in this kiai, and in the next one you have always sliders not following the violins in the places I mentioned somewhere above - Explained both before.
zzz
It felt cooler when I checked it the first time... I guess looking at it in depth made me change my mind slightly on it :/ (unless I missed something obvious that justifies everything, ofc)
Im sorry if this just looks like Im trying to bullshit my way through this. But Im honestly happy with everything I didnt change and my explanations to go with them. If you dont find them sufficient or are still adamant on some points Im happy to hear and make changes if I really need to. But as of now I think nothing is wrong with how I explained my reasons.
TheWaterBottle

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Gotta go to work soon so Ill reply when I get home. But I actually agree with you. The map isnt as good as before.

Osu mapping/modding has really really pissed me off these days, its a constant string of someone asking for something to be changed, and then others complaining at said changes.

Trying to accommodate for everyones personal opinions that all clash is impossible. I myself dont even like 90% of the changes that Ive been somewhat forced to make just to try and rank this.

Anyways placeholder
One of the best post i've ever seen!

GL!
ignorance

Mindwaves wrote:

It seems this map is gonna be critized a lot in the next few day... and i can understand why.

It's because,
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand UNDEAD CORPORATION - Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lullaby / The Em. The mapping is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the circles will go over a typical player cursor. There’s also EphemeralFetish nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from pishifat video , for instance. The PP-farmer understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these slider, to realise that they’re not just hard to hit- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike This mapset truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the genius in EphemeralFetish existential catchphrase “this is just my vision, No kudosu” which itself is a cryptic reference to the Beatmap Nominator circlejerk. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dean herbert genius wit unfolds itself on their Computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Osu! tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the lolis eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 PP points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel 6 digit player. 😎
"solid grasp of theoretical physics" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mir
activity (~o.o)~
00:37 EphemeralFetish: Yo, do you have a couple mins for a quick opinion on a bubbled map?
00:39 Mir: i guess
00:40 EphemeralFetish: Its a bit of a longshot, but Im more so just looking for BN opinions now
00:40 *EphemeralFetish is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1098023 UNDEAD CORPORATION - Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lullaby / The Empress]
00:48 Mir: i can barely judge thisw
00:49 Mir: but the feeling i get from ingame is
00:49 Mir: there's a lack of cohesion with the jump
00:49 Mir: jumps* in general
00:49 Mir: though that can largely be chalked up to bp
00:49 EphemeralFetish: Yeah
00:49 Mir: fucking
00:49 Mir: keyboard
00:49 Mir: jesus fucking christ
00:49 Mir: bpm*
00:49 EphemeralFetish: Song is messy as all hell
00:50 EphemeralFetish: So its just constantly different or somewhat weird at random times
00:50 Mir: idk it also felt like the flow into a lot of streams was uncomfortable as hell
00:50 EphemeralFetish: Any examples?
00:51 Mir: 07:01:236 (9,10,1) -
00:51 EphemeralFetish: Hmm
00:51 EphemeralFetish: Never thought something like that could be uncomfortable
00:51 Mir: 05:11:902 (9,10,1) - these kinds played fairly well
00:52 Mir: but with that one you move into 9
00:52 Mir: move again into 10
00:52 Mir: then stop and have to start momentum from moving to 1
00:52 EphemeralFetish: tbh they look the same to me
00:52 Mir: so it's exponentially harder to hit that spacing
00:52 EphemeralFetish: Ohh wait
00:52 Mir: no look at where the stream is going
00:52 EphemeralFetish: You mean how the slider points into the next one?
00:53 Mir: the movement im talking about is here https://i.imgur.com/bsmTHbM.jpg
00:53 EphemeralFetish: Damn
00:53 Mir: as opposed to earlier https://i.imgur.com/3YnqLHT.jpg
00:54 EphemeralFetish: I figured from 10 to 1 would just be the same as 9 to 10
00:54 EphemeralFetish: Since you can just hold on the heads
00:54 Mir: tbh i tried that
00:54 Mir: and mostly sliderbroke
00:55 EphemeralFetish: Fair enough
00:55 Mir: but if you just compare the movement of 07:01:236 (9,10,1,2,3,4,5) - and 05:11:902 (9,10,1,2,3,4,5) - its clear which is easier
00:55 EphemeralFetish: Something to look into then
00:55 EphemeralFetish: Yeah I see it now
00:55 Mir: another thing i noticed but is kinda characteristic of stream-heavy maps is inconsistency in emphasis
00:56 Mir: the most noticeable one was 05:18:124 (9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
00:56 Mir: the angle change on 05:18:236 (11,12,1,2) - and 05:18:513 (4,1,2,3) - are exactly the same
00:56 Mir: but05:18:513 (4,1,2,3) - is way stronger +vocal +downbeat +finish
00:56 EphemeralFetish: 05:18:347 (1) - Was too add power to the snare roll
00:56 EphemeralFetish: 05:18:569 (1) - was for the jump back into vocals
00:56 Mir: i barely hear the snares xD
00:57 EphemeralFetish: Probs my super loud hitsounds
00:57 Mir: in play they were inaudible to me probably cuz the song is literally just spamming drums
00:57 Mir: literally everywhere
00:57 Mir: 05:22:069 (8,1,2) - this kinda didn't even get emphasis
00:57 Mir: yet 05:22:958 (16,1,2,3,4) - did
00:58 EphemeralFetish: Thats actually a fair point because I do what you said later
00:58 EphemeralFetish: 07:03:458 (1) -
00:58 EphemeralFetish: I never noticed
00:58 EphemeralFetish: shit
00:58 Mir: yeah there were a couple of instances of this
00:59 Mir: 07:17:624 (4,1,2,3) - like aaa
00:59 Mir: 07:18:013 (7,8,1,2,3) - then AAAAAAA
00:59 Mir: then 07:18:513 (8,1,2) - aaa
00:59 Mir: but then 07:18:902 (7,8,1,2) - AAAAA
00:59 Mir: and so on
00:59 EphemeralFetish: First one yeah
00:59 EphemeralFetish: Rest are fine tbh
00:59 EphemeralFetish: But damn yeah you right
00:59 Mir: 07:19:680 (1,2,3,4,5) - also this one was so lol
01:00 EphemeralFetish: Need to change those
01:00 EphemeralFetish: Difficulty curve :^)
01:00 Mir: tbh it sounded like 1/2 to me in editor
01:00 EphemeralFetish: You slow it down?
01:00 EphemeralFetish: Its defo 5
01:00 EphemeralFetish: or 1/4 I should say
01:01 Mir: all i hear is just indiscriminate growling so i honestly can't tell
01:01 Mir: sounds like 1/2 some times and 1/3 the other times i play it back
01:01 EphemeralFetish: Sounds like me when I first heard metal
01:01 Mir: tbh 1/3 on that'd be cute
01:02 Mir: another thing i noticed
01:02 Mir: that actually really bothered me
01:02 Mir: 07:22:569 (1,2) - these got vocal emphasis
01:02 Mir: 07:23:458 (9,10) - these did the exact same thing
01:02 Mir: but the player plays the same thing
01:02 Mir: the only difference being an nc
01:03 Mir: tbh it felt really uncomfortable to play not even cuz of like.. how it's arranged or anything, just the things those follow sometimes aren't clear enough
01:03 EphemeralFetish: Dude
01:03 EphemeralFetish: Ive had to explain this
01:03 EphemeralFetish: A million times
01:03 EphemeralFetish: And its so long everytime
01:03 EphemeralFetish: Im giving up on life
01:04 Mir: aaa
01:04 EphemeralFetish: Honestly I think I should just remove the second set of repeats each time it comes around to avoid it
01:05 Mir: the issue is 07:23:458 (9) -
01:05 Mir: it lands on a vocal exactly like 07:22:569 (1) - does
01:05 Mir: so i think "oh vocals" but there's none on 07:23:680 (10) -
01:05 EphemeralFetish: 07:22:569 (1) - Yeah these only make sense since the vocals are actually 1/1 there
01:06 EphemeralFetish: The second sets are just stamina buffers soo it isnt stupidly hard to stream for that long
01:06 EphemeralFetish: Thats basically the cut version of why I did it
01:06 Mir: you say that then throw in a 70+ note stream (i didnt count) xD
01:06 EphemeralFetish: The one at the end?
01:06 EphemeralFetish: Its like 120
01:06 EphemeralFetish: So yeah, maybe I should just remove the second sets
01:07 Mir: it'd make a lot more sense to me personally
01:08 EphemeralFetish: Always spooks me when I actually have to buff shit in this
01:08 EphemeralFetish: It was only 8.7 when it was first qualified ages ago
01:08 EphemeralFetish: Then all the mods made it like this
01:08 Mir: mods
01:08 Mir: i like and hate them
01:09 EphemeralFetish: Bunch of BN's wanted bigger streams and the solo to have bigger jumps
01:09 EphemeralFetish: Like come on its hard enough
01:10 Mir: lol the fuck
01:10 Mir: well anyways that's my thoughts on it
01:10 Mir: i've been following the thread vaguely though it's an interesting read
01:12 EphemeralFetish: The pages after it first got qualified are pretty spicy
01:12 EphemeralFetish: Thanks for your time though, you actually made some fair points I need to fix
01:13 Mir: any time~
01:13 EphemeralFetish: Can post something if you want kds
01:13 Mir: sure
01:14 Mir: need activity tbh
idke
are you still going for rank or gonna remap a bunch again cus of the mods
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

idke wrote:

are you still going for rank or gonna remap a bunch again cus of the mods
Always gonna go for rank. Thats why Im asking people like Mir for input so I can fix some of the stuff thats been broken from all the other modding and changes.

As long as there are BN's out there who are interested Ill keep trying.
Kilabarus
Can't Rank If You Don't Fight
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
A bit slow but fixed all the stuff I talked about with Mir.
[Nemesis]
Just some general concerns about the buildup to the chorus.
03:33:902 - I don't really think that this beat is worth ignoring.The sound is literally the same as 03:34:569 (2) -, listen to them at a 50% playback rate.
03:38:125 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Maybe a little curve to emphasize the change in rhythm? Throughout the entirety of this stream, you've chosen to change the flow a little bit whenever a new sound comes in, except for this one. Why? How is that sound 03:38:291 (4,5) - less important than the rest? You've made it look like there was no change in music whatsoever, just like in 03:39:180 (4,5) -, where the sound you're emphasizing in the entire section isn't present. On the other hand, 03:39:625 (4,5) - this change in flow is too sudden and unexpected compared to the rest of your patterns in that section.
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

[Nemesis] wrote:

Just some general concerns about the buildup to the chorus.
03:33:902 - I don't really think that this beat is worth ignoring.The sound is literally the same as 03:34:569 (2) -, listen to them at a 50% playback rate. - There isnt a beat there.
03:38:125 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Maybe a little curve to emphasize the change in rhythm? Throughout the entirety of this stream, you've chosen to change the flow a little bit whenever a new sound comes in, except for this one. Why? How is that sound 03:38:291 (4,5) - less important than the rest? You've made it look like there was no change in music whatsoever, just like in 03:39:180 (4,5) -, where the sound you're emphasizing in the entire section isn't present. On the other hand, 03:39:625 (4,5) - this change in flow is too sudden and unexpected compared to the rest of your patterns in that section. - Straight stream to start off with because the drums are so quiet. Sharp angle at the end for when the reach their peak and to match the high tone of the strings.
[Nemesis]
How is there not a beat? Listen closely.
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

[Nemesis] wrote:

How is there not a beat? Listen closely.
I did, there isnt one.
Dendy
There is actually, on maximum music volume OMEGALUL
Osuology
That beat is pretty much a ghost note, imo can pass it. It does exist but it's like the lowest a note could possibly be, would be overmapping imo.
OoFortisoO
it's over?
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

OoFortisoO wrote:

it's over?
Working on some other stuff for now. Will be back.
Kuruby
NEVER GIVE UP
Cubzy
I believe
Dendy
it's over.
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
yolo gonna remap
T3rza
Can you upload the old map before all the modding changes and what not?
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Tr3sLeches wrote:

Sadly I dont have the very first version anymore. Unless someone else does. But if you mean the current diff, I wont be removing it when the remap is done.
The Emperor

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Tr3sLeches wrote:

Sadly I dont have the very first version anymore. Unless someone else does. But if you mean the current diff, I wont be removing it when the remap is done.
Does that mean it's not going for rank?
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Its gonna be for rank. Ill just have the old diff around till I get to the point of ranking (Thats if I can even get it to that point)
Kaifin
hey we wanna put this up for loved vote, i see you are remapping currently

you're free to add the new difficulty to the same set/make a new set while keeping the old diff loved iirc
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Kaifin wrote:

hey we wanna put this up for loved vote, i see you are remapping currently

you're free to add the new difficulty to the same set/make a new set while keeping the old diff loved iirc
Ahh. Thats pretty nice actually. Its gonna take me a while to finish the remap so having it loved would work out nice till Im done.
SilverCatalyst
woah holy fuck i was surprised to see this
i hope this at least gets loved, and maybe some day the remap will get ranked :)
Maybe need cs 3 ?
i think cs 3 not bad :o
Weber

FlashPoint wrote:

Maybe need cs 3 ?
i think cs 3 not bad :o
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.