forum

[resolved] Visual stuttering after Windows 10 Update [FIXED FOR NOW]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ExStefen
The issue was encountered after installing the Windows Update that had a security issue fix for the latest "Intel meltdown" issue, the problem appears to affect game play by adding a lot of lag spikes while trying to play. I will try to rollback by going back to an older version of windows (Since Windows Backup just doesn't seem to have any older versions for some reason), I tried uninstalling the game completely which it didn't resolve the issue. I also notice input lag but the most important and noticeable aspect is the Visual stutter I have despite my reasonably good build. Here are my specs.

CPU: Intel I7 5820K 4.2Ghz (Haswell E)
GPU: Nvidia 1080Ti (388.59 Driver) Anything related to G-sync and Vsync is disabled
RAM: 16GB 2666Mhz
Disk: Nvme M.2 Samsung 960pro
OS: Windows 10 Home (1709 Post Intel Kernel Security update)

• (NEW) UPDATE 1.5: I realised that the issue gets worse when I play maps that have stream intensive patterns which leans on ANY TYPE OF KEYBOARD and Microsoft Update's issue
  • UPDATE 2: No other processes that are CPU/DISK/RAM or GPU Demanding are running in the background. Issue occurs in other games as well.
  • UPDATE 3: The issue has been resolved by either deleting some files or by turning off and on the Windows defender (I actually installed an antivirus to scan if this was the issue and it didn't find anything) And when I finally uninstalled the antivirus software my Keyboard stopped lagging and so did the lag in any other game, no stuttering no nothing. If anyone encounters the same issue I will leave this solution here for others
osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Kondou-Shinichi
please check task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) to see if theres any cpu/ram usage abnormally high

does this happens with other game as well?
Topic Starter
ExStefen
I have checked and I can say that there is no other process when I play Osu!. I can notice input lag in other games but not stuttering every time I press a key.
Kondou-Shinichi
its likely to be a antivirus conflicting issue then.

although ive never seen anything conflict with WD before (probably because it does nothing lmao)
Topic Starter
ExStefen
Lets say it MAY was a keylogging attenpt. Scans showed nothing from bitdefender and WD