forum

Being able to convert existing v1 records to v2 records

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +142
Topic Starter
CircusGalop
This feature is to recalculate judgments, combos and scores of existing replay files by simulating the play with v2 score.
Every record in global rankings can be converted to the v2 record via existing global replay files.
This method doesn't cause the unfairness between converted v2 records and new v2 records.

Many users hate changing the scoring system regardless of how bad the v2 score is, because it reduces the value of their efforts and achievements. This feature may solve the problem.

I'm a mania user and don't know about other modes. If you have any idea of this issue, I would like to hear that.
abraker

CircusGalop wrote:

Every record in global rankings can be converted to the v2 record via existing global replay files.
Only top 500 (or whatever that number is I forget) is saved. Not all ranked scores have replays attached to them.

CircusGalop wrote:

This feature is to recalculate judgments, combos and scores of existing replay files by simulating the play with v2 score.
So how would this work without replay files?
Topic Starter
CircusGalop

abraker wrote:

Only top 500 (or whatever that number is I forget) is saved. Not all ranked scores have replays attached to them.
Then this proposal will not be greater than I thought.

abraker wrote:

So how would this work without replay files?
Without replay files, it seems impossible to convert. In addition, if the virtual play is failed, this should not work for fairness.
I don't know how to improve these issues at the moment.

Thank you for your answer.