forum

[resolved] Only see black screen when opening up osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
voldy
Problem Details: All I see is a black screen when I open up osu! I can still hear all the sound effects and music and everything playing, I just can't see anything. I think this also happened only after I verified my account after logging in, when I was a guest and had it freshly installed I saw the main menu screen.

This is on a new laptop, Thinkpad X1 Carbon, and I just tried installing osu! on it.

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If they are up to date, try clean reinstalling them.

Restart the game/your computer.

If the above does not work, try holding shift while starting osu!, keep it held until a recovery window pops up, and enable "Compatibility mode."
teiiow
try reinstalling (:
Topic Starter
voldy

Death wrote:

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If they are up to date, try clean reinstalling them.

Restart the game/your computer.

If the above does not work, try holding shift while starting osu!, keep it held until a recovery window pops up, and enable "Compatibility mode."
I think updating my graphics drivers fixed it.

However now I'm having trouble logging in on the client. It just says Pending verification for a very long time, are there issues with the servers or something? I had to verify my account when I first installed it and when I tried the screen went black and I had the before mentioned problems. Now it just instantly says my account is successfully verified and doesn't ask me for the emailed code again. Could this be the problem with verifying my account?
Death
Do you get a red error message in the bottom right? If so:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Please try logging out of the game, then logging out of the website, using the new design accessible here https://osu.ppy.sh/home

After logging out of both, please wait a few minutes. Then log back into the website, then into the client.

If that doesn't work, please contact accounts@ppy.sh

Otherwise, try making an exception for osu! in your firewall.
Topic Starter
voldy

Death wrote:

Do you get a red error message in the bottom right? If so:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Please try logging out of the game, then logging out of the website, using the new design accessible here https://osu.ppy.sh/home

After logging out of both, please wait a few minutes. Then log back into the website, then into the client.

If that doesn't work, please contact accounts@ppy.sh
Otherwise, try making an exception for osu! in your firewall.
That fixed it, thanks so much for you help!