show more
-Hannabi
Hmm...
Kuroshitsuji (?) ♡
Green Platinum

Ayani wrote:

Hmm...
Kuroshitsuji (?) ♡
Ye seen it. Fun when it goes into theatrics and has some interesting ideas but that's about it. Far from being a masterpiece honestly barely scrapes past being mediocre
DetryNot
Im looking for a nice horror anime
Green Platinum

ToucheNot wrote:

Try Parasyte
DetryNot
Oh ok Thanks Ill check it out Green Platinum thanks!!
Himari Kino

ToucheNot wrote:

maybe try something like , Blood C :roll:
Green Platinum

Zylin wrote:

ToucheNot wrote:

maybe try something like , Blood C :roll:
Blood-C is an absolute travesty and only the movie that closes the story is really worth seeing. Everything else in the Blood franchise is better.
DetryNot
Woah i searched it it has a lot of gory scenes ill try watching it after parasyte Thanks Zylin and Platinum
Lowtagoras
So, I need a bunch of new material to watch since I'll may be cut off from the internet for a few months in the not so distant future. Around 10 (series) should do, probably.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lowtagoras

I'm no real narrow minded person regarding genres, though gay romance and anime with young children as main target audience as well as near borderline ecchi-hentai stuff won't really do. It can also be lengthy as long as it's completed and doesn't end with a cliffhanger of doom. I do prefer series with an actual plot and storyline, but it isn't a must as long as the execution's done right. Last but not least, I know I miss some of the standard stuff such as Death Note, AoT and stuff, but please do not focus too heavily on them.

So yeah, I look forward to the incoming recommendations. Thanks in advance.
Green Platinum
How is your MAL supposed to help? You haven't rated anything
Lowtagoras
I created the list years after I started watching anime, so I was too lazy to rate anything tbh. Plus, it was originally intended to be a mere record of what I already watched. However, I've added ratings now.
Green Platinum
Well here's a collection of the stuff I tend to recommend maybe you'll find something of interest here.

t/682449
Caput Mortuum
here's some that's not on your list

91 Days -> Mafia drama, guy seeking revenge
Arakawa Under the Bridge -> comedy romance about hobos
Bakemonogatari -> Supernatural romance, lots of talking
Beelzebub -> guy taking care of a baby. op mc, action comedy
Blood Lad -> Overpowered vampire. Comedy action
Classroom of the Elite -> overpowered mc that likes working behind the shadows. a bit edgy but still interesting
Death Note -> just watch it
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar -> isekai-type anime. except this time it's not comedy, but more of a drama
One Punch Man -> why haven't you seen this
Overlord -> transported to a game world. op mc, action harem
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry -> Magical school harem-type anime like asterisk
Sankarea -> Necrophiliac who accidentally resurrected someone
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu -> comedy, annoying heroine but really likeable mc
Toradora -> drama romance
Yamada-kun to 7-ni no Majo -> delinquent that has a special power. comedy romance
Zankyou no Terror -> Psychological drama. MCs are terrorists
Zetsuen no Tempest -> Psychological drama. people trying to prevent world's end
Green Platinum

Eraser wrote:

Trimmed your list. The rest was just inferior stuff to other shows.
Lowtagoras
That's more than enough to choose from. Gonna stick with Bakemonogatari, Arakawa, So Ra No Wo To, Mawaru Penguindrum, Shiki, Toradora, Nodame Cantible, 91 Days, Phi Brain aaaaand maybe FMA for now.

So yeah, that case's closed. Thanks for the help you two 0/
Husa

Green Platinum wrote:

Eraser wrote:

Trimmed your list. The rest was just inferior stuff to other shows.

How is Overlord inferior...? Literally the best anime ;w; 9/10 imo
Green Platinum
Log Horizon is superior as it actually thoroughly examines it's MMORPG mechanics and their implications. It also feels much more like a genuine fleshed out MMO.
Stonadu
I was wanting something with magical genres (or superpowers), school life and comedy.

You do not have to have a unique story and never seen before, just be funny with funny characters or with a different personality.

Something similar to Mahouka Koukou in Rettousei preferably does not focus on technology.

Stonadu :3
Green Platinum

Stonadu wrote:

I was wanting something with magical genres (or superpowers), school life and comedy.

You do not have to have a unique story and never seen before, just be funny with funny characters or with a different personality.

Something similar to Mahouka Koukou in Rettousei preferably does not focus on technology.

Like the RailDexes?
Stonadu

Green Platinum wrote:

Stonadu wrote:

Like the RailDexes?

I watched a bit of this anime in 2016 but stopped halfway, thanks for reminding me of it :D <3
Green Platinum
It's 2 different but related anime. w/e
Jesseinator1000
I need a suggestion. I really want a good action series with good backstories and stuff, like My Hero Academia. Please no stuff like Naruto where the fights take forever, they aren't bad, just kinda boring after awhile.
Green Platinum
Good Backstories is weirdly specific.
Jesseinator1000

Green Platinum wrote:

Good Backstories is weirdly specific.
true. i guess just any shows like MHA.
Green Platinum
What aspect of MHA though? and how much Shounen anime have you seen? You aren't really providing any useful information in order to give a recommendation.
Jesseinator1000

Green Platinum wrote:

What aspect of MHA though? and how much Shounen anime have you seen? You aren't really providing any useful information in order to give a recommendation.
Okay, I'm bad at explaining. I should probably just listen to my friend and watch whatever the hell he says, regardless of what type of show it is. Thanks for trying.
Green Platinum
I don't know how you'd expect us to read you mind. Even the difference between wanting a superhero show and a shounen high-school show would yield different recommendations.
EneT
Wow ded thread

Anyways I'm looking for a classic Silmarillion-esque show if there is even any; cut the generic anime shit as much as possible; something similar to maybe... hmmm, He-Man maybe.

I don't think any anime really fits what I'm looking for or at least none from what I've bothered to search so I doubt I'll get a suggestion but I appreciate the help if I get any.
Green Platinum
Because of the dominance of Buddhism in Japan the cultural ideas featured within folklore and super-nature are fundamentally different from the west. If Mushishi or Mononoke aren't what you are looking for it is probably worth focusing on the western fantasy inspired anime that became popular throughout the mid 90's although classic Berserk is the only thing I know that has really stood the test of time.
sleepwalking

mathexpert wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions for good slice of life/comedy/school anime? Things like MM!, Kannagi, K-On!, etc.
Nichijou
nikky
Watch Konbini Kareshii if you want to be depressed. Or Tsuki ga Kirei, it's a school/slice of life/romance anime.
Nikos
Husa
parasyte, tokyo ghoul, kabaneri of iron, akame ga kill, idk
Green Platinum
I guess horror and lots of blood is subjective.
Comfy Slippers

Nikos121123 wrote:

Any suggestions for horror anime with lots if blood and violence?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/369/Boogi ... op_Phantom
Green Platinum
Shame Boogiepop Phantom is incomplete. I'd love to read the novels if they were all translated too.
BioZap43
A Very Funny School+Comedy Anime?
Like :
- Sket Dance
- Saiki Kusuo no Sai-nan
- Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
I Have MAL Account (BioZap43)
Green Platinum
I will never understand why so many people request "school" anime here. Boring overdone setting.
Caput Mortuum
because those people are school kids
BioZap43

Green Platinum wrote:

I will never understand why so many people request "school" anime here. Boring overdone setting.

Well, Everyone Had It's Own Taste Of Watching Anime
And Why I'd More Like School + Comedy, It's Because I Just Like Watching Them, So What's The Problem?
show more