This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Rhythm Incarnate
2,653 posts
You can skin this "effect" with inputoverlay-key.png.

it's how I play with a gray background without replacing anything in the beatmap.
Rhythm Incarnate
862 posts
ziin wrote:
You can skin this "effect" with inputoverlay-key.png.

it's how I play with a gray background without replacing anything in the beatmap.

I tried this but it covered up the hit circles as well.

+support

I would like this feature.

I used OsuBGReplacer. to Change all my BG images. I was dumb enough to use it on all my songs before testing it on one map. Hope it works. lol

EDIT: program worked fine but it also deletes the custom hitsounds in the beatmap skin :(

EDIT2: Replaced dead link. Let me know if it works
Last edited by Pituophis on , edited 1 time in total.
Whistle Blower
19 posts
This should be added to the game for sure. My friend (Kon) coded me a program that will remove all current beatmap images and replace it with the file overwrite.png. It also has an option to restore all the backgrounds, I use this when I will be playing osu! in public to avoid anime women all over my screen.

Here you go: https://www.sendspace.com/file/rpwf8i
Virus scan (Qihoo's detections are false, still use at own risk): https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ee81 ... 451441162/
Spinner Sage
166 posts
Combo Commander
482 posts
agreed. looks like it's not likely to see the request being done after 2 years but i still have hope left :P
someone here wondered if it would be the main menu screen just behind every map. i'd personally preffer 2 individual backgrounds (just if this somehow gets added though)
Rhythm Incarnate
2,760 posts
mulraf wrote:
looks like it's not likely to see the request being done after 2 years but i still have hope left :P

Eh, I'd wait for osu!next before we call any of these requests "dead"

That said, osu!next is pretty much half-life 3
Tempo Trainee
13 posts
Yes!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea:

Very nice idea because i hate to play with those fucking anime/hentai backgrounds in every god damn song... :o :o :o
Spinner Sage
127 posts
Rhythm Rookie
1 posts
I thought this would be great if it was implemented. Instead of being stuck with an all black background when the dim is set to 100%, it would be nice if we could choose to see another color other than black; it provides the players with even more choices to approach the game.
Rhythm Incarnate
12,614 posts
I'd like this!
Tempo Trainee
13 posts
Seems pretty cool to me. I can see all kinds of benefits for this. Maybe you have a favorite color that is easy on your eyes, or maybe you want a background with sharp contrast to the skin you are using. Can not see a any real downside to the game play from this so I am all for it
Tempo Trainee
7 posts
Just found this thread looking for exacly this feature.
Osu! ppppllllsssss :) :) :) 8-)

Edit: but the Osu!BgReplacer works also fine for me ;)
Combo Commander
413 posts
Rhythm Rookie
2 posts
8-)
Spicy Salsa wrote:
Hey guys, today I came up with an idea:
How about the feature of being able to set a default beatmap background which can be enabled/disabled and would not change the beatmap itself?
It would work like a full-time 100% dim, but you get to choose what background you use.

Not everyone would use this feature, obviously, but I and surely some other players would have a better experience with that feature.
Tell me what you think about this idea ;)

Spicy Salsa
Beat Clicker
69 posts
I wish playfiled.png works on non-supporters and latest version of osu
Reply 45 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3