forum

Top 100 for every map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +76
show more
Myke B
osu! is growing though, yet the high score list has only moved from 40 to 50 despite its massive growth of users over time.
The value of getting a top score has increased heavily from 2011.
yea, but most of the top 50 replays on maps today are all the same mods, DTHD or HDHR. It would just be 50 more of the same replay really lol. Unless people start getting really good, and can do HDHRDT on a lot of maps, then I don't see this changing.
Bauxe

Hi_Hello wrote:

buny wrote:

completely unnecessary. If you can't get a score in the top 50 then you don't deserve to have your score publicised in global rankings

personally i think top 50 is easy enough as it is because most maps you can get into it with just 1 mod
Its easy alright. But how about those people who can't go to the top 50, especially the newbie once. GIVE CHANCE TO OTHERS!
If you can't get top 50, you probably can't get top 100 either.
buny

Hi_Hello wrote:

buny wrote:

completely unnecessary. If you can't get a score in the top 50 then you don't deserve to have your score publicised in global rankings

personally i think top 50 is easy enough as it is because most maps you can get into it with just 1 mod
Its easy alright. But how about those people who can't go to the top 50, especially the newbie once. GIVE CHANCE TO OTHERS!
why not put a handicap on every map also?
top 50s need to be worked for, not for everybody to have.

when there are more players there is also more competition
Mira-san
I honestly thought this was for web only.

I think it's better if the top 50 remained in-game and the top 100 can be shown on the map's page.
deadbeat
other alternate is using the Global Ranking (Selected Mods) options
Samui_old_1
I don't think this is necessary, unless if osu!Bancho can handle load that is required for top 100.

Each top 50 global ranking load in-game uses approximately 1.5Mb of internet usage, while other types of ranking uses less to none.
If it is moved to top 100, then that load would double, including how many more replays will be saved to the server.
YunoFanatic
Completely useless. You will barely feel bad if you ranked #100 -_- like come on. It is a bit depressing for you to get in top #100 of the map. Plus, if you cant get in to the top #50 of the map. Then your not worth for the rank in the map. Suggest to practice more. And ftw this is another way to compete! People dont wanna placed on a #100 rank in a map oh c'mon guys top #100 seriously? Raise your foot if you want to be placed on top #100 in a map. People probably want to place higher in the maps ranking, But to do that, that means hardwork and practice. Do you think people placing rank #10 #30 #45 just a newbie ? Ofc not they practice so they are worth placing to that rank. Please bare with it.

Also there's a bright side in this request. That is IF peppy want to be more environment friendly in this game.
Topic Starter
Sakary
You know that this is only a suggestion. Don't be mad at me.
Topic Starter
Sakary
If you don't agree with this, well that's ok. Its only a suggestion.
Yukiteru Amano
It really isn't that hard to get into top 50. It's meant to be a challenge, the purpose of top 50 is to show the best. not the mediocre.
Heinzen

buny wrote:

Double that. Took me 6 months to consistenly get top50s. It's not hard if you practice
Myke B

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

It really isn't that hard to get into top 50. It's meant to be a challenge, the purpose of top 50 is to show the best. not the mediocre.
Yea.. maybe on an easy difficulty with low play count lol.
MrBakpao
i think it's better top 50 so it's look not comlicated

but actually top 100 its look not bad, because it could be some player got top 100 rank with some beatmap~
Karuta-_old_1
I would usually scroll for the play I wanted to watch, rank doesn't matter
Top 50 is enough, it's also closer to first rank, if the pros wanted to 1# it

Remembers the feeling of beating someone in the top 50 a long time ago.
Audiodelus
While it's a legit idea, I think it's more of an issue of that effort could be placed elsewhere for more pressing matters.
Not everyone scrolls down past top 8 anyway unless their checking for someone.

Generally I find if someone can make it into top 100, then can break top 50. They just need more Acc or maybe HD. Both possible with a few more tries. (Unless it's a really popular map. Tough luck.)

Showing more on the map's page couldn't hurt though.
Varetyr
I honestly don't get the point of this suggestion, why would a competitive leaderboard would have to be more "newbie-friendly" anyway ?
There's the word "LEADER" in "leaderboard", it's not just a "ranking list". You just have to work hard if you want to reach it.
Not to mention the other rankings (selected mods, national) are already there if you're really craving for fame if it's just about self-esteem.

I dunno, I just can't picture myself going to my local arcade, asking to show the top 20+ scores instead of top 10, just because I can't reach them. I would just practice until I'd be part of that top, which feels much more rewarding.
shawchaneo
I think top 50 is enough, game is more competitive :D
Trash Boat
how about top 25?
RaneFire

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

Quoting for justice.

Hate to be a party pooper, but there really is no point in having more than the top50 if it's just going to be filled up with more similar scores/replays to what's already there. The main purpose of the top50 is for the replays. That said, I do find the supporter-only feature for friends/country ranks as probably the strongest reason to become a supporter. I like seeing where others, at similar skill levels to me, are having trouble or excelling. But if I was really interested in a particular score, I'd try ask them for their replay.

I would sooner see replays saved on a per-mod basis so that we can have more diversity to watch. There is no point in seeing more of the same, especially on maps where the top50 is filled with HD+DT 99-100%'s... Guaranteed the 51-100 will just have more HD+DT 98-99%. I generally do not look past the top10, unless there is a different mod combination below.
Topic Starter
Sakary
Well, this cringes me.
I personally think top 100 is good to show on website then top 50 in-game?
idk

4 years of cringeness
i was like 9 years old back then
-Koquer
you do
Keiger
nice necropost.
Edgar_Figaro
TBH most people only watch replays of the following:

Top on the map (global rankings work just fine)
Top with certain mod combo (global ranking selected mods)
Top in their country (country ranking)
Their freinds scores (Freind ranking)

Although it does stink that if a replay is outside of top 500 is unwatchable especially for crazy EZ plays for instance. Would simply be better if always the top of ever mod combo and top in every country was always watchable regardless of map rank.

People will almost never go to a map and say “I feel like watching the 30th place score on this map”

The ONLY benefit I can see with this would be for catching more “suspicious” plays
Shohei Ohtani
Do you realize how much data that is to store lmao.
Topic Starter
Sakary

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

TBH most people only watch replays of the following:

Top on the map (global rankings work just fine)
Top with certain mod combo (global ranking selected mods)
Top in their country (country ranking)
Their freinds scores (Freind ranking)

Although it does stink that if a replay is outside of top 500 is unwatchable especially for crazy EZ plays for instance. Would simply be better if always the top of ever mod combo and top in every country was always watchable regardless of map rank.

People will almost never go to a map and say “I feel like watching the 30th place score on this map”

The ONLY benefit I can see with this would be for catching more “suspicious” plays
I agree.
Tanomoshii Nekojou
+ 1 staaar :3