forum

Best keyboard for mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ExplicitSoul
Ah this question... It gets posted every so often and here I am posting it.

Regardless I would like to know what you guys thinks the best and if you could recommend me somethin'.

I do understand that it's generally just personal preference, but would love to hear what y'all think! ^-^

Oh, and are Cherry switches still considered the "best"?

Here's some stuff about me so y'all can give me advice ^-^

-Currently I'm using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate

-Definitely prefer mechanical over membrane, don't really care if it's loud or not-it's of little concern to me

-I don't want a wrist resting area or anything like that.

-Would like a very fast response time

-My budgets anywhere from 0-400$(Usd) Could bump it up to 500 if I need too, don't think a keyboard would be that expensive tho.

-Would love key lighting, I usually keep my room dark so it'd be nice.

-I'll be using this for everything I play, from Aura Kingdom to Vindictus to LoL to Osu! and etc.

That's about it, Thanks for reading and/or posting! :)

~Soul~
Tripletth
on screen keyboard.
Yyorshire
i use a windows xbox 360 controller for best results
Topic Starter
ExplicitSoul

Yyorshire wrote:

i use a windows xbox 360 controller for best results
I see now. how about an xbox one controller, think that'd work out? Ooorr does it gotta be the 360?
Yyorshire
i prefer the 360 for maximum comfort

Edit: also wired for lowest latency
Bobbias
Basically anything with cherry mx browns. Browns are generally the most popular mech switch for gaming. Some people prefer blues, but they arent ideal for gaming. They are considered the best for typing in general though.
NightNarumi

Bobbias wrote:

Basically anything with cherry mx browns. Browns are generally the most popular mech switch for gaming. Some people prefer blues, but they arent ideal for gaming. They are considered the best for typing in general though.
May I ask the preference of browns instead of reds (or blue)?
I only played with one keyboard atm and that's with MX reds, so I never tried browns to this day.
Bobbias
I actually have a keyboard with reds, and haven't tried the others. I was just repeating the general consensus of what I've heard from people in this and other communities. The difference between brows and reds is that browns have a tactile bump, where the reds don't. The tactile bump is kinda similar to how on a rubber dome kb, you can feel the moment where the dome collapses and suddenly makes contact with the bottom part of the switch. Browns have a special design made to replicate that little snap. Reds and blacks on the other hand don't. The difference between reds and blacks is that blacks take a lot more force to push down. Blues are quite different from the rest because they actually have a two part system where there's a second piece of plastic that snaps down when you press the key, making a loud clack sound and create a very noticeable tactile bump. The problem with blues is that if you don't fully release the key and let that second plastic piece back up, you can't trigger the key again, making jacks and fast playing in general much harder than with other switch types.
NightNarumi
Oh ok, thx for clearing that up :p