forum

Warm up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nit0ri
So i actually need like 2h of warm up before starting doing well on beatmaps, sometimes im playing for like 3 hours but I still doing shit, that kinda bother me.
Is there anythings I can do to warm up faster? Like specific beatmaps or something.
Thanks and sorry for my bad english :)
Endaris
This is kind of usual.
Your performance will always be affected by your health so having slept well and long enough the previous night is quite the boost and a healthy lifestyle in general.
As for warming up, it is difficult to find a balance between getting your hands to temperatur as fast as possible and minimising the risk of injuries from putting strain on cold hands.
Personally I tend to have a really good time after doing some light to medium physical activity as it has a great effect on my posture and my body is already sort of warm.
Rinsing your hands in warm water is a trick.
Aside from that really playing maps that are demanding (especially in regards to tapping) but not overly so. Build up the difficulty.
pandaBee
Ramp up to your practice difficulty. Play maps that are slower, less circles, etc. I like to use relax as well since my aiming takes a lot longer to warm up than my tapping, though most people probably won't do this or need to. If my warm-up feels crappy I don't even bother moving on to my normal workload and just give it a rest for that day or come back in a few hours to see if it gets better.
Thirty30
I would say start slow and then pick up the pace.

What I'll do is play some HDDTHR 2* maps that don't need very much aim, and then after my fingers are warmed up, I'll play some maps around the difficulty I play now. Sometimes though, there are just those days where even with warmups I can't really get anywhere, so I'll just farm top50 the rest of the day.

But eh, maybe if I followed panda's advice my aim wouldn't be some trash xD
pandaBee

Thirty30 wrote:

But eh, maybe if I followed panda's advice my aim wouldn't be some trash xD
It works for me because my aim takes forever to warm up and tapping just makes it take longer. Otherwise it seems we have similar approaches to warming up.
zeplic

Endaris wrote:

This is kind of usual.
Your performance will always be affected by your health so having slept well and long enough the previous night is quite the boost and a healthy lifestyle in general.
As for warming up, it is difficult to find a balance between getting your hands to temperatur as fast as possible and minimising the risk of injuries from putting strain on cold hands.
Personally I tend to have a really good time after doing some light to medium physical activity as it has a great effect on my posture and my body is already sort of warm.
Rinsing your hands in warm water is a trick.
Aside from that really playing maps that are demanding (especially in regards to tapping) but not overly so. Build up the difficulty.

quality post, i think i will try some generic exercise routine before playing if i feel like i need it. Ive always preached that general health, nutrition and sleep is important and directly effects ability to perform - but I never really considered the effects of a workout being useful. More of an undersight than anything else I guess

pandaBee wrote:

Ramp up to your practice difficulty. Play maps that are slower, less circles, etc. I like to use relax as well since my aiming takes a lot longer to warm up than my tapping, though most people probably won't do this or need to. If my warm-up feels crappy I don't even bother moving on to my normal workload and just give it a rest for that day or come back in a few hours to see if it gets better.

I've heard using any of the auto mods can directly be detrimental to ability . Does this truly help you with that? If so, do you have any suggestions as to how to utilize the auto tapping for aim warmup as to not detriment accuracy in the process
pandaBee

zeplic wrote:

I've heard using any of the auto mods can directly be detrimental to ability . Does this truly help you with that? If so, do you have any suggestions as to how to utilize the auto tapping for aim warmup as to not detriment accuracy in the process
Does relax help me warm up my aim? Yes. It's not like i'm spending hours playing it, just 2-3 beatmaps tops. sometimes even just 1 if I'm feeling good. I do this because I'm very clumsy when I'm not warmed up and it helps me to tackle things one at a time and again because my aiming generally takes a lot longer to warmup than my tapping.

I don't feel as if it's ever affected me detrimentally, there came a point where I couldn't use my fingers for a few weeks and I just played some relax in the meantime to scratch that circle clicking itch. When I could use my fingers again, my tapping/accuracy was not negatively affected at all.
zeplic

pandaBee wrote:

zeplic wrote:

Does relax help me warm up my aim? Yes. It's not like i'm spending hours playing it, just 2-3 beatmaps tops. sometimes even just 1 if I'm feeling good. I do this because I'm very clumsy when I'm not warmed up and it helps me to tackle things one at a time and again because my aiming generally takes a lot longer to warmup than my tapping.

I don't feel as if it's ever affected me detrimentally, there came a point where I couldn't use my fingers for a few weeks and I just played some relax in the meantime to scratch that circle clicking itch. When I could use my fingers again, my tapping/accuracy was not negatively affected at all.

I have similar issues with being clumsy it can be frustrating and i understand the importance of a warmup through being skilled in other things.
I also learned the hard way that a GOOD warmup is extremely superior than a simple warmup, so if you dont mind id like to further ask about what you do.

Do you find trying to tap along while aiming to a certain degree is pointless or potentially even takes focus away from aiming to a degree and eliminating the purpose of the effort? So you think there are better ways than others to approach a short warmup using RX as far as feeling more on point when you went into playing what you actually wanted to play?

Do you ever play RX on maps you want a good score on (i think this might be what i was warned about not to do)
Torgairon
all I can say is I feel you OP, it also takes me at least an hour to warm up and I just spam F2 in the 4* range which probably doesn't help. starting to feel like I need to overhaul the way I come at playing this game, been stuck at 60k for a looooooooooong time now.
pandaBee

zeplic wrote:

Do you find trying to tap along while aiming to a certain degree is pointless or potentially even takes focus away from aiming to a degree and eliminating the purpose of the effort? So you think there are better ways than others to approach a short warmup using RX as far as feeling more on point when you went into playing what you actually wanted to play?
Do you ever play RX on maps you want a good score on (i think this might be what i was warned about not to do)
I don't tap along while I'm using RX, I would rather just nomod a map instead and tap normally since using RX for that would defeat the point.
I only play RX when I need to warm up or when my fingers can't move too well but I feel like clicking circles (injury, at the end of a long streaming session, etc).

Basically I have two states when it comes to aim. The first is that I feel clunky, feels like I can't angle my wrist right and can't hit anywhere on the screen and my slider paths look and feel shaky, etc. The second is the exact opposite. Sometimes I can work my way up to that state, other days I can't. Some rare days (good days) I'm at that point to begin with and those are usually the times where I can play the best.

I just play maps that are fun/not too boring/not too fast when trying to warm up, it usually works out.