This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Global Moderator
7,728 posts
No kudosu yet.
Cool stuff 8-)

Discussed things on irc, no kd pls

T2: map is slightly above 10MB but can't to do much about it without either decreasing the mp3 or the hitsounds' quality. We decided to leave it as it is.
Rhythm Incarnate
2,910 posts
Earned 1 kudosu.
Worminator wrote:

02:07:892 (4) - random normalwhistle sliderslide? no wub here or anything to fit it

I'm personally really, really, really not a fan of the skipstreams (such as these) as i feel they never actually fit any point in the map, they seem to just be there to add difficulty and look cool. There are a couple spots where they may work, but you never use them there, instead sporadically sprinkling them all over.

It'd take a serious restructuring of the map to change that in any way, so I'm sure you'd rather not do that. Other than that rather unfitting issue, map is alright. Good structure and good patterns, but kind of plain and uninspired. A very good result for a relatively new mapper, mind you, I'm just a crotchety old fuck who's impossible to please. Good luck with your future maps.
Star Shooter
190 posts
Shiirn wrote:
Worminators wrote:

02:07:892 (4) - random normalwhistle sliderslide? no wub here or anything to fit it yes, my bad, fixed

I'm personally really, really, really not a fan of the skipstreams (such as these) as i feel they never actually fit any point in the map, they seem to just be there to add difficulty and look cool. There are a couple spots where they may work, but you never use them there, instead sporadically sprinkling them all over.

It'd take a serious restructuring of the map to change that in any way, so I'm sure you'd rather not do that. Other than that rather unfitting issue, map is alright. Good structure and good patterns, but kind of plain and uninspired. A very good result for a relatively new mapper, mind you, I'm just a crotchety old fuck who's impossible to please. Good luck with your future maps.

about these skipstreams, I guess this is a subjective concern, these are mainly used in the first kiai and a few in the last kiai, because you know, the last kiai is kind of a mix of the 3 previous ones, where there are reasons I believe they fit here because there is some sounds to support it, I also think these streams are not that hard in this case and are not placed randomly just to look cool or something

Anyway, thank you for the short mod even though there are reasons I believe you would not have posted it if someone else than Kurai bubbled this map
Rhythm Incarnate
705 posts
No kudosu yet.
Sorry but

Artist: DJ Genki / かめりあ / C-Show
Romanised Artist: DJ Genki / Camellia / C-Show
Tags: Kasai Harcores 葛西ハーコーズ

Stupid RC says: Tracks created by composers belonging to doujin circles should list the circle's name as the main composer. The sole exception to this is when a composer of a given circle is well-known enough by their own name. In this case, their own composer name may be used instead.
Star Shooter
190 posts
Lama Poluna wrote:
Sorry but

Artist: DJ Genki / かめりあ / C-Show
Romanised Artist: DJ Genki / Camellia / C-Show
Tags: Kasai Harcores 葛西ハーコーズ

Stupid RC says: Tracks created by composers belonging to doujin circles should list the circle's name as the main composer. The sole exception to this is when a composer of a given circle is well-known enough by their own name. In this case, their own composer name may be used instead.

The official metadata is obviously 葛西ハーコーズ as artist, I still don't understand why this rule is still a thing, there are no real border to "well-known enough by their own name" this is stupid, would you alter official metadata just because some artist name is more well-known than another?

also take a look at that relatively recent map that got DQed multiples times due to metadata https://osu.ppy.sh/s/556969
sure t+pazolite was more well known than the circle name C.H.S but the official metadata takes over I guess
(I even had the same concern as you but looks like I was wrong p/5760952)
Rhythm Incarnate
2,910 posts
No kudosu yet.
Worminators wrote:
Anyway, thank you for the short mod even though there are reasons I believe you would not have posted it if someone else than Kurai bubbled this map

I originally wasn't because the map was fine, but with a comment like that why wouldn't I mention something? 8-)
Combo Commander
380 posts
No kudosu yet.
I'd ask KwaN about that metadata thing since it's better to do it now than get DQ'd over it
Global Moderator
3,388 posts
Post is exempt of kudosu.
Meta: http://djgenki.net/khcd002/

It's fine like this, I'd say
Slider Savant
112 posts
wé bon bravo on va dire

Edit : Nan sérieux, gros bravo à toi gros, ça fait plaisir de te voir rank ça !
Rhythm Incarnate
705 posts
Okay, I was just scared.
but gratz!!!
Global Moderator
7,728 posts
des bisous <3
Cymbal Sounder
38 posts
Beatmap Nominator
1,347 posts
Beat Clicker
59 posts
Great map, I absolutely love the way it's structured around one main melody.
But on top of that there's different sections in between, and the way they come together in the final kiai section gives my brain tingles while playing everytime.
Partly that's due to the song choice, but the mapping perfectly reflects it.
Overall just amazing quality, I hope you make more Extra diffs in the future ^^
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 29 posts jump | prev  1, 2