forum

Hand Pain

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toxi
A couple days ago, I made a post about my skill decreasing. Apparently that was due to me not being properly warmed up. However, in that same post I mentioned my hand hurting, and how I continued to play for roughly 8 hours that day. Today I played for another extended period, and ended up feeling the pain again. It is in the hand I hold my pen with. It is a burning pain that spreads from my wrist to my fingertips. Does this mean I should try holding my pen lighter, or is it something more severe? The pain was only temporary, lasting about 10 minutes
yuhaii
I think you should take a break, as you're overplaying. If you're getting pain still after taking a break, then I would suggest 2 things:
1. Like you said, try holding your pen lighter, or
b. try to get a pen grip.
and the most important part: DON'T PLAY FOR MORE THEN 8 HOURS IN A ROW.
other suggestion: try to stretch if your hand gets pain. it's strain.
Renaylria
I think the issue is how long your playing... Osu is a very intensive game and too much playing will result in overworking your hands. I recommend playing less... Like MUCH less XD
Also, you did mention a decrease in skill. Playing too much can have this effect, as your probably not letting your hand muscles fully recover, thus not allowing muscle memory, and such to develop.
I averaged around only 2 hours every other day lol. This alone made my hands hurt so I can't comprehend how your can play for so long in the first place...

Now I'm not a doctor or anything but wrists tend to be really frail things... Even if the pain is short, I do recommend getting it checked out... Small issues can pile up to have major impacts in the future...

Also, don't push yourself too hard to improve XD. This is a game, thus pls enjoy game :P
Endie-
Stretch your fingers before and after playing.
Here's a nice video