forum

Getting started to mapping. What makes a good map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aktsumi
I want to start mapping because I want to make maps that target my weakness for example I want to be faster at aiming and tapping or I'm mashing at certain patterns I can take that pattern and make a whole map based on that. I bet I can make maps specific to my needs
though I'm not really good at analyzing. I don't know my problems, and I don't know how to apply a pattern and enforce it into mapping. also it's hype to be able to map that top players play. to provide challenges. I don't really care about my playing. as long as I can make good beatmaps at any level beginner or high I'm good :1
Fushimi Rio
good songs
PoNo
Just map, get maximum experience and improve yourself to do decent things, there's no real "way" to make a good map, theres just some standards to master (flow, rhythm, aesthetics etc etc) also theres a lot of analysis of other maps, trying to find out what is good and bad
Kondou-Shinichi

Fushimi Rio wrote:

good songs
this guy knows
-Anae
cute girl on bg
Nao Tomori
girl touching her head is extremely important

more seriously, consistent rhythm and spacing are the most important aspects of a basic map
dretland2
If you're new to mapping, simpler songs and shorter songs are good to start off, watch pishifat's vids, be open to criticism
Atomosphere
Structure, Flow, Aesthetics and General Patterns that are fun to play, i guess.