This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Rhythm Incarnate
2,206 posts
Sounds nice to have one.
Last edited by Rilene on , edited 1 time in total.
Beat Clicker
58 posts
I used to play Tap Tap Revenge, Deemo, and other things like that mania but with touch input. Trust me, I cannot play osu! mania almost at all just because I cannot feel it even though I play not quite badly on those touch games. Was thinking to support this! BUT I think it would be harder if the maps are fast, because touch is wayyyy slower than clicking/pressing your keyboard. Well, we just need to get used to it.
Combo Commander
334 posts
Bara- wrote:
I now agree with this, as a Love Live! School Idol Festival player (that game is similar to mania 9K, for mobile/iOs) and it works great
Though not all maps will be properly playable

mania would need a large UI revamp to get anywhere close to LLSIF, though.

Either way, as osu! is a Windows game, I could see this working (as most touchscreen PCs have at least 11' screens). About the input lag, the offset can be calibrated (and a visual offset feature, where the notes appear earlier than judged) could be implemented.
Whistle Blower
15 posts
If mouse buttons are enabled you can use a desktop touchscreen to click the keys, not sure about tablet.
Tempo Trainee
6 posts
Bara- wrote:
How?
Some maps have 3+ notes at the same time
How are you going to hit ALL of those?

my touchscreen can have 10 inputs at a time
Slider Savant
81 posts
Not a game breaker so why not ^^
Tempo Trainee
9 posts
I may have misunderstood the request but, we can already play mania with a touchscreen. Iv'e tried it a while back and it worked fine.
Tempo Trainee
14 posts
Sarah Katherine wrote:
I want to add a new feature (or an enable/disable option) and for mania: the ability to play osu! mania on touchscreen PC.

When enable this option (or don't need to enable if this's a default feature), the mania button is able to touch (or able to "click", since on touchscreen, each touch registers a mouse click).
Even though I can connect a keyboard to tablet PC, and touchscreen laptop already has a keyboard, but I still req. this because, I tapping on screen with mania give me a better feeling (I mean playing experience).

And so, If you're adding this to game, please enlarge the mania button, because the current size is a bit small for finger to make an accurately hit.

How would it work through?
Reply 23 posts jump | prev  1, 2