Retweet's Icy Hard
cosmic
Mariah why didn't you map your live performance? so good 😍
Topic Starter
Voli
LOOOOOOL
Irreversible
yeah mariah WHY

rebubbled for mp3 change, it's got better quality now which is always nice to have.
polka

Irreversible wrote:

modded it some time ago but didn't save the log
???

??????
Luvdic
Changing names for a map is so me, I feel plagiarized ;(

okno

/me runs
Izzywing
Hello sorry for late!

[top diff]

01:22:021 (1,2,3) - spaced bigger than 01:22:420 (1,2,3) - but the latter is the more intense

01:34:804 (1,2,3,4,5,6) and 02:19:544 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I would at the very least recommend nerfing these patterns. I get that it's what you're calling the climax but the difficulty spike is actually quite large. I'm not saying to nerf it because "diff spike gg no re" but more than in context with the other jumps the intensity of the jumps doesnt match up with the intensity of the music

01:40:662 (2,3) - these being spaced would be a lot cooler (and fit the music imo, quite intense sounds?) same for the ones at the start

[freezing insane]
01:05:110 - why unmapped? theres even a vocal

I think this map can use more 1/3 circles, presently there are distinguisable "jump" parts that have like 4-5 circles in them, but i think having some parts with just 2 or even a spaced circle between two sliders can setup for these patterns a lot better. hope this makes sense lol i can clarify in irc if you want

lower diffs are cool ;)

I think its nice to see more mappers map their own songs like Vinxis does. Call me back
Topic Starter
Voli

Hobbes2 wrote:

Hello sorry for late!

[top diff]

01:22:021 (1,2,3) - spaced bigger than 01:22:420 (1,2,3) - but the latter is the more intense yea agree

01:34:804 (1,2,3,4,5,6) and 02:19:544 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I would at the very least recommend nerfing these patterns. I get that it's what you're calling the climax but the difficulty spike is actually quite large. I'm not saying to nerf it because "diff spike gg no re" but more than in context with the other jumps the intensity of the jumps doesnt match up with the intensity of the music i can get behind that, toned them down rather significantly and adjusted to fit their respective patterns

01:40:662 (2,3) - these being spaced would be a lot cooler (and fit the music imo, quite intense sounds?) same for the ones at the start yea i see what you mean but the idea behind these was to stack them because they're exactly the same sounds (so in pairs) i'd like to keep that

[freezing insane]
01:05:110 - why unmapped? theres even a vocal whoopz

I think this map can use more 1/3 circles, presently there are distinguisable "jump" parts that have like 4-5 circles in them, but i think having some parts with just 2 or even a spaced circle between two sliders can setup for these patterns a lot better. hope this makes sense lol i can clarify in irc if you want sure, i'll msg you irc later about it cuz you didnt rly give a timestamp etc.

lower diffs are cool ;)

I think its nice to see more mappers map their own songs like Vinxis does. yea agree Call me back
thanks hobbs!
Izzywing
q
Monstrata
Chilly feels like, colder than "Cold" imo... but /shrug

highest diff:

Also, 00:59:650 (1,2,3) - and others, why ignore the snare rhythm here :(. the 1/3 rhythm you follow is so different from the rest of the song's rhythm imo... and you don't seem to be that consistent with the treatment too like compare it to 01:15:629 (3,4) - 01:31:608 (3,4) - 02:00:370 (3,4) - etc... every time it's at the end of a vocal phrase basically.
01:36:002 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Could say the same for rhythms like these xP. They overmap a section that's supposed to be a sort of "break" in between vocal stanzas.

Follow Mariah Carey's vocal rhythm more, Mariah Carey :(
Topic Starter
Voli

Monstrata wrote:

Chilly feels like, colder than "Cold" imo... but /shrug yeaa it seems like everyone has a different opinion on these, imo chilly is more like the starting stage of ''cold'', at least thats what i agreed upon with irre. But the difficulty names themselves are there too, so i don't think its too ambiguous

highest diff:

Also, 00:59:650 (1,2,3) - and others, why ignore the snare rhythm here :(. the 1/3 rhythm you follow is so different from the rest of the song's rhythm imo... and you don't seem to be that consistent with the treatment too like compare it to 01:15:629 (3,4) - 01:31:608 (3,4) - 02:00:370 (3,4) - etc... every time it's at the end of a vocal phrase basically. the logic behind those 1/3 patterns is, everytime there isn't something more ''outstanding'' in the music like the increase in bass pitch here 01:59:571 (1,2,3,4) - or here 01:14:830 (1,2,3,4) -, these are mapped to instead, so basically a hierarchy of importance. Don't you like the cheerful sleigh bells?! :c
01:36:002 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Could say the same for rhythms like these xP. They overmap a section that's supposed to be a sort of "break" in between vocal stanzas. I wouldn't say it's overmapped since the sounds all do exist in the song and the difficulty of this part portrays the general intensity quite well too imo

Follow Mariah Carey's vocal rhythm more, Mariah Carey :( but if my name is Mariah Carey how can i follow Mariah Carey's vocal rhythms more if Mariah Carey's vocal rhythms are created by Mariah Carey herself
thnx for checking and thanks hobbes again \o
Uta
Objective: Rank a Mariah Carey's song with MariahCarey as a nick

Mission Completed
Monstrata

MariahCarey wrote:

Monstrata wrote:

Follow Mariah Carey's vocal rhythm more, Mariah Carey :( but if my name is Mariah Carey how can i follow Mariah Carey's vocal rhythms more if Mariah Carey's vocal rhythms are created by Mariah Carey herself
thnx for checking and thanks hobbes again \o
You can start by putting more circles on the tick right before the downbeat. 01:08:039 (5) - is a good example. Compare it to your rhythm on 01:10:037 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - .
01:16:428 (1,2,3) - Same here. You have the rhythm backward which ends up neglecting vocals. Compare it to 01:17:227 (4,5,6) - from the same combo. It creates a really sudden inconsistency within the combo itself.
01:19:624 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - And then here you suddenly just ignore all vocal rhythms completely lol.
01:27:613 (1,2) - For example, adding a circle on 01:28:279 - and shortening 01:28:013 (2) - to a 1/3 slider would help the vocal rhythm stand out. Right now it's mapped in the same rhythm as 01:28:412 (3,4) - which do not contain vocals, so you don't actually "feel" like you're following the vocals when you play this. It's the same logic as putting jumps everywhere. You end up not "feeling" any particular emphasis if everything is the same.

[]

Anyways, feel free to decline again, but kinda funny to me that the song is following the instrument layer predominantly. Nothing wrong with that of course.
Aurele
DQ plz, this got qualified before December :ragemojihere:
Shmiklak
grats the best singer
bite you death

Gabe wrote:

DQ plz
Topic Starter
Voli
@Monstrata, yeah i see what you mean and those suggestions would all be cool if the map was predominantly mapped to the vocals in the first place. I'd implement them in another diff if anything, but since the concept of the diff was to use the bass lines as guideline for the rhythm rather than focusing on pure vocal, implementing something like that would twist the concept into something else. I think you mean you would've rather seen a vocal based map of this song, which I can agree with. That would be cool as well.

@Gabe but it'll be ranked in december if it doesnt get dq'd :x

thnx all!
_handholding
I feel like the 1,2,3,1,2,3 drum circles would have been better as triangles or something rather than back and forth jumps, and I also do get the point in the extravagant diff names but the map is still nice nonetheless. You get better and better with every map
Topic Starter
Voli
some of them are triangles tho, and some are back and forths, i didnt rly wanna make everything a triangle lo

and also funny that you say that i get better with every map because most of this set dates 2 years back LOL, but thanks regardless, i'm glad i ain't getting worse at least \o/
Arphimigon
But if old map is better, that means new maps are worse.
So you must be getting worse ;;
schoolboy
where's the full ver :(
grats btw!