forum

[Archived] osu!mania keys duplicate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
General_Fougere
Problem Details:
Hello, when I play osu!mania with a high fallspeed, keys seem to duplicate and I can't read when there are several keys in a row.
Is there a way to fix it withouth changing my monitor (which is at 60hz) ?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
Could you give us a video. This is probably not an actual problem with the monitor, but more your perception of it. Does it help to lower the scroll speed?
Topic Starter
General_Fougere
Here is a video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcu7G-DRPa8&feature=youtu.be
At the very beginning of the map, I am totally unable to read.

I know that if I lower the scroll speed enough I won't have this issue anymore, but if the scroll speed is to low it is to difficult to read.
Venix
Are you playing on unlimited FPS (click F7)
Sandy Hoey
If you play your video slowed down, you can see that nothing is being 'duplicated' on the screen. The problem may be that the hit burst (not sure what else to call it) is too bright and is leaving an imprint on your retina that makes it seem like the note that comes after it is duplicating?

Possibly try removing that element from your skin, or just trying a new skin to see if it helps
Topic Starter
General_Fougere
Yes, I play on unlimited FPS and full screen (I also tried to set V-sync on and but it didn't work).

edit : I tried to change my skin and remove the mania-stage-light and it is a little better but still hard to read.
VeilStar
Sounds like it's monitor ghosting in that case. Not much you can do about it; On some monitors it's really bad, on others it's barely there at all. All you can do is work around it (doing what Sandy Hoey mentioned, or using a slow enough scroll speed).