forum

[O!M 10K]A little tutorial

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SK_la

(。・∀・)ノ゙Hi, everybody. I'm la.
I've been in O!M for more than 2 years now. It might be an act of God —— I met 10K. ψ(`∇´)ψ

I loved it very much and worked hard for it. When I passed the first 2*map, I was very excited. But it wasn't long. I met a lot of cold water. Some players exclude me because they don't like 10K, and they thought, why don't I play the piano? The result was that I didn't take the pressure and ended up playing 4K. But I didn't give up, although for a while I indulged in other mode.

I'm glad I started playing 10K again this year. I think it's more fun than ever. I poured a lot of energy into practice, and gradually got some of my own feelings and ideas. And I started making map all the time. Although it was difficult at first, I felt that all this was meaningful because my abilities were improving. Although I don't play very well, happiness is the best. I hope this is what I can do to help people in need

Then I'll share some of my experiences and ideas.
Let's get to the point》》》》》》
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
1.Map&Skin
First of all, you need a lot of maps→[click here MEGA] This includes the 9-18K I've collected so far.
And then my maps.click here (Don't bother with map that cannot be downloaded)
skin
Of course, you need a skin.
You can edit on your own skin.ini, but remember to join this :SplitStages: 0
It will merge your two cloumn into one.
I don't really know if the author would like me to share it, so I don't publish the collection of skins.
Of course, I can share my skin [1225] - la -

2.Key position & keyboard
Image & Text
You need a comfortable, convenient setting
→ me

If you think your kaycap is out of the way, then you can install it upside down position, will

So you'll be more comfortable

You can use the [Electric grinding rod] to make the keycap surface a little rougher
Yes, the one used to fix the model. It might be about 2$.
I like a slightly rough feel. Because the sweat on my finger will affect my action

3.Before
In general the thumb is certainly flawed, and the little finger and ring finger flexibility. But these are not important at first, but need to be practiced later.
10K can't measure the difficulty with stars. For example, I have some 5* that can S, and some 3* can't B. So don't be upset because some stars are very low and hard to brush.
4.Style
You can choose to play STD with 5K+COOP MOD, or play specialized map, each has its own advantages, but for a period of time, you may not be comfortable in the conversion between the two.
Here I focus on the specialized map.
5.Loop
I wouldn't recommend you put too much energy into a bad map, or very much against it.
As a whole 10K, most of them are HP9. I can't play 5* above these maps, so I don't want to say anything else, just say the front.
First set the general speed of 10, according to the difficulty of sorting, starting from the lowest star to play map, each map to play 90W scores, and then brush up, if you can FC, by the way FC
The difficulty increases 0.2*, the speed is +2, so when I brush the 2*, it is just my habit speed 30, so the speed is no longer adjusted
Of course, the actual value is set by yourself. If you don't recognize it, or you can adapt to your speed, you can ignore this and find your own way
6.Control
Each person's finger dexterity varies greatly, and that's how I practice fingering
To have the ability to play map, let your finger leave cap is more than 1cm. Then, every time you press note, try to use only the fingers you need, and take it back quickly, just like "dragonflies touch the water"
This will improve the difficulty, but it can exercise your control. For a harder map, don't use it
At the beginning of some pain, gradually feel the back of the tendon burning sensation, fingers feel like splitting between the same, that began to improve
I believe you understand my mean o( ̄┰ ̄*)ゞ
7.Key type
The order I suggest is to practice jump & stream first, which will last for a long time, and then mirror, and of course it can be reversed.
I think first try to avoid jack, it is relatively difficult to practice, map less
In this section of 2-4* (Maybe it's my level now), I mainly practice my map and practice mirror images
Try not to touch long note first. It's hard. Test the power of god.

3* ↑
When you can play some 3* with S, or 4* play with A, you can continue to try
You can practice 140↑ BPM for 3 or 4 pressure. The 5 or 6 pressures of 110↓ BPM can also be practiced.
In the beginning, when you touch the BMS button, practice the exchange of one hand and two hands, and slowly transition to a combination of hands and hands
The picture may be clearer
2-1

2-2

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————
8.Fingering
Actually, drawing is not the only practice. When you walk, class, do something else, your hands may be free...
Get her something to do! (her
Practice fingering, can practice the piano fingering, Hanong, Beyer, Neal car. To tell you the truth, I usually walk, or think in class, practice, pick a few fingers, began to knock alternately.
For example, put your thumb, middle finger, little thumb on the table,Then put the ring finger, the index finger down, and the other 3 fingers up.
It's too hard! You may feel this way, and you can't even do it.
You can start slowly, without any speed, and you just have to make it happen, no matter what the range is. Trust me, you're going to do it, and it's getting faster and better.
Our hands are not just for playing games, and flexible fingers can relax you, even though it's uncomfortable at first.
Finally, forgive me for using software translation, and I've modified it in many places because the machine is unreliable. Even so, I'm not sure if my meaning is clearly expressed. ~~>_<~~
Thank you for your reading. Happy to you
kaythen
Awesome stuff!

Also I just want to add, in case there are more 10k maps in the future the batch doesn't include, use osusearch.com and narrow the search down to mania only, CS 10-10. Circle size (CS) will determine what key modes it will search for, so 10-10 will exclusively pick out beatmaps with 10k modes in them. CS 9-10 picking 9k or 10k maps, etc.

Good luck to anyone who decides to give 10k a shot, and have fun!
abraker
suggested keybindings:

left ctrl, a, s, d, space, left arrow, numpad 7, numpad 8, numpad 9, numpad enter
Xeno-_old_1
oh finally i find another guy who love 10k , but i think 10keys is harder than I play DP lmao
[Crz]Player
nice dedicated tutorial dude
Pinecone
nice guide! hoping more people play 10k
Cra Dow
Very good, I am happy that you managed to do a good guide, the english might be flawed, but the thought and the ideias are understandable till the point its practical to use.
Thank you for the hard work on making this guide and many maps you created!