forum

[resolved] Mouse freeze

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Asphyxia
So recently(about a week ago) my mouse started playing tricks on me.When I play a song my mouse would do a really slow and laggy movement to where I move it to which leads me to a broken combo and it happens randomly.I do not how to fix it and don't get me wrong,I've tried a couple of fixes with no effect.Like turning the shader cache off ,turning the raw input on,cleaning my mouse from dust,my mousepad too.Nothing happened. I'll be getting a tablet soon but I do not know if it will fix the issue.It would be really annoying it doesn't. I really enjoy playing this game and don't want to quit it by any means and I'll try to provide you with any information you need so try and ask me as many questions as you can.

My mouse: Trust gxt 31
My pc specs:
8GB RAM
CPU: AMD FX 6300
GPU: Sapphire AMD R9 270x 2GB
Windows 10
P.S I don't use mouse acceleration

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Death
Try using a different USB port and surface for your mouse.
Topic Starter
-Asphyxia
Tried it but it didn't work...
Topic Starter
-Asphyxia
So I managed to fix it somehow and hopefully someone who has the problem will benefit from what I'm about to write. Bear with me,because I don't know what exactly fix my problem that's why I'll write everything I did.
1.Uninstalled osu!
2.Updated all of my drivers that were out of date.I found the outdated drivers with the program called Driver Easy.Basically it detects those pesky drivers and tells you what to do.
3.I reinstalled my razer synapse.You can skip this if you don't have a razer product.I had a razer keyboard so I did that just in case.
4.I downloaded osu! again and put my fps counter to unlimited and I turned raw input off(for some reason I had more lag with it enabled...,it could be different for you so experiment with it.
I can say it had to do something with my CPU or GPU,it defenitely wasn't the mouse.I still get some stuttering but it's more like a little lag ,just a little.But it's 100% playable unlike what I used to have.Hope I helped someone.
TLDR: If your mouse somehow freezes and doesn't go wherever you move it to,then try this,it might sort it out.
Death
Reinstalling osu! likely did absolutely nothing. For anyone wanting to try this solution, skip that step and move straight to updating your drivers.