This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
2,649 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
explanations are fine to me, i feel the vocal explanation for the bpm is fine

w
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
4,214 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
Congrokolations!
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,523 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
finally!! gratz <3
User avatar
Cymbal Sounder
33 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
wtf did this got ranked
User avatar
Spinner Sage
127 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
Nerova Riuz GX wrote:
Kagetsu wrote:
isn't this 110 bpm?
It's kinda questionable but I think it's 220 - the main, notable parts like vocals lands on 220. Only the drums feel like 110, but to me that's not enough for me to be convinced. I'll take 220 anyway.


there is no way this song is 220 bpm, the drums, structure, phrasing and everything scream 110.

just look for example at the first 4 measures: you have a repeated pattern at 00:01:087 - 00:03:268 - 00:05:450 - 00:07:632 -, with chord changes on the latter two and one vocal phrase each, on 110bpm each of those is one measure which is very natural while in your current timing has each as 2 measures. in the next 4 measures it's even clearer with the big synth downbeats. i could go on but you get the point.

i don't even understand what you mean by the vocals "landing on 220" tbh, would you mind elaborating on that more?
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,125 posts
Offline
Zhuriel wrote:
there is no way this song is 220 bpm, the drums, structure, phrasing and everything scream 110.

just look for example at the first 4 measures: you have a repeated pattern at 00:01:087 - 00:03:268 - 00:05:450 - 00:07:632 -, with chord changes on the latter two and one vocal phrase each, on 110bpm each of those is one measure which is very natural while in your current timing has each as 2 measures. in the next 4 measures it's even clearer with the big synth downbeats. i could go on but you get the point.

i don't even understand what you mean by the vocals "landing on 220" tbh, would you mind elaborating on that more?


hmm...interesting.
welp, at the top of all of these, I'll say that this BPM topic is quite subjective, and ambiguous.

Let's get into the song itself deeper since it has some properties from both 110 and 220 BPM:
From 110:
  • Basically, the drums work with 110.
  • Some parts without vocal feels more 110 because of the arrangements (e.g. 02:11:996 - separated by my bookmarks)
  • Chorus parts are more like 110 (e.g. 01:19:632 - )
From 220:
  • Intense parts like kiai are more 220-like, which contains more constant beats and vocal relay
  • Iconic vocal parts, e.g. 00:23:723 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - that oh-oh thingy
  • Rap-like vocal parts keep placing downbeats with long white ticks on 220, e.g. 00:44:723 - 01:02:177 -

From all the things above I can be convinced by both of them, but I picked 220 since it represents more on the structure I made on this map. It's much more instinctive for people to understand because people commonly play tons of 1/2 notes on most of the maps.
Again, this is ambiguous because it has variants of properties, it just depends on how you look at it.

Here's my reply, and hope that can solve your problem.

(kinda mean but i have to say that the example you made is quite weird, since you paste only the timemarks of "white ticks" instead of "patterns", like you stated in the context. It did take me a while to understand what you meant. But your point is still constructive and worth to be discussed, still.)
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
794 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
Shrimps are relatively high on purines. This can lead to an increase in uric acid which, in high levels, can cause small crystal deposits to form in the joints leading to the uncommon form of arthritis known as gout.
User avatar
Spinner Sage
127 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
Nerova Riuz GX wrote:
From 220:
  • Intense parts like kiai are more 220-like, which contains more constant beats and vocal relay
  • Iconic vocal parts, e.g. 00:23:723 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - that oh-oh thingy
  • Rap-like vocal parts keep placing downbeats with long white ticks on 220, e.g. 00:44:723 - 01:02:177 -


i fail to see how any of these would imply 220. rhythmic density does not imply tempo, definitely not anywhere near as strongly as the structure of this implies 110.

Quote:
From all the things above I can be convinced by both of them, but I picked 220 since it represents more on the structure I made on this map. It's much more instinctive for people to understand because people commonly play tons of 1/2 notes on most of the maps.
Again, this is ambiguous because it has variants of properties, it just depends on how you look at it.


while there are sometimes ambiguous cases you have yet convince me that this is anything close to ambiguous. also, tempo does not depend on your mapping choices in any way so that is not an argument for 220 either.

Quote:
(kinda mean but i have to say that the example you made is quite weird, since you paste only the timemarks of "white ticks" instead of "patterns", like you stated in the context. It did take me a while to understand what you meant. But your point is still constructive and worth to be discussed, still.)


i linked only the beginning timestamps of patterns since i wasn't really looking at the map, only the song and the timing
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
510 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
p/5985566
i actually would like to talk about this bpm topic
because let me tell you what
it doesn't matter whether if its doubled or not, they could've used 55 bpm and it would be still valid since every note are still snapped correctly, no one playing the map will care what bpm it is(that is unless you're playing nightcore i guess)
i would be actually quite disappointed if this map were to get dq'd because of bpm, like the map i've sent.
(also yes this song is most likely 110 bpm)
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
2,115 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
This might be interesting... I believe the BPM appears to be quite concerning, hence why would people actually time a BPM just for some vocal track? xddd

I mean, parts like 00:09:814 - 01:19:632 - 02:11:996 - (technically the pre-choruses) sounds definitely 110. I could really tell that the percussion mainly lands over every first and third ticks on timeline though. I assume you doubled BPM to alternatively speed up the pace of the slider velocity(?)
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
928 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
Actually the BPM of the whole music is just 110. The constant bass line and drum set reveal it tellingly. (this point is well explained by last BN post already)
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,125 posts
Offline
Cerulean Veyron wrote:
This might be interesting... I believe the BPM appears to be quite concerning, hence why would people actually time a BPM just for some vocal track? xddd

I mean, parts like 00:09:814 - 01:19:632 - 02:11:996 - (technically the pre-choruses) sounds definitely 110. I could really tell that the percussion mainly lands over every first and third ticks on timeline though. I assume you doubled BPM to alternatively speed up the pace of the slider velocity(?)


technically I don't really need to speed up SV by doubling the BPM - there's even no sv changes during the song, so why do I have to do that when I can just do it by changing the general SV?

I still think it's 220 anyway, and some people i've asked said that it's 220 (actually, it's about 50:50 so I don't know if that's actually a problem.) at least setting that with both 110 and 220 makes sense to me.

(if that's obviously 110 then it should be pointed out by tons of those modders before please, and seriously no one has ever talked about this in the past 2 years so wtf is this situation now)
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
1,877 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
hope you don't mind me dropping my opinion, but i also agree and think that it should be 110 bpm rather than 220. based on the vocal intonations at 00:44:723 - , the vocalist is placing more emphasis on every two measures, which is what i think is more representative of the downbeat since these points are where the singer starts off a new phrase in the lyrics. also because the drum and bass matches a 110 bpm metronome more accurately but that's besides the point.

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:
(if that's obviously 110 then it should be pointed out by tons of those modders before please, and seriously no one has ever talked about this in the past 2 years so wtf is this situation now)

this is a pretty poor excuse though; just because people don't point it out earlier (either because they weren't sure themselves or have no experience with timing) doesn't mean that others might find issues with it.
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
1,161 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
*pointing out that it's 110 BPM*
not only because of percussion but also general harmonic structure and muscial patterning, map's structure doesn't influence the song's structure

fun fact: most people either don't care or don't know much about timing, that's why they don't point it out~
User avatar
Elite Mapper
3,337 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
Everything has been said, to be honest. I also agree that 110 BPM is the most correct approximation for this song, without additional timing sections added.
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 94 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  next

Users browsing this forum: None


Jump to: