forum

[resolved] Captcha on site + I can't see my profile picture and others?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NozoWeeb
Here's what happened,
1.) So, earlier, I went home from school, opened up my laptop and logged in into my account. I do this everyday. But today, I got this page that shows that I need to solve a captcha to access osu.ppy.sh.
2.) I opened up osu!, then check if there's something wrong. Everyone's pfp is gone for some odd reason.
Tried to scan my computer, no malware was found.

This is what it looks like in my side.
1.)
2.)

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Nitrous
I also get that when accessing osu! from a different PC/Laptop in a different place. The missing avatar also happened at the other PC/Laptop but not my own at home.
Topic Starter
NozoWeeb
Hmm. I was in my home when this happened though. Same laptop, same place but this happened. Would love to know how to fix this though.
Dntm8kmeeatu
You aren't using a VPN or anything like that, are you? If so, disable it.

The avatars not showing are either an issue with your firewall, or ISP and or Network.

Double check and make sure nothing is being blocked in your firewall, you can even add osu! as an exception.

If nothing is blocked, or that didn't work, the issue is then mostly related to your Network or ISP, either an issue locally, or somewhere down the line.

You can attempt these local side fixes and see.

Restart PC, Router & Modem.
Release and Renew IPConfig.
Flush DNS.

If none of these work, it's most likely a temporary routing issue. Normally these issues get fixed in a few days or week.
Topic Starter
NozoWeeb
Thank you. I added osu! as an exception and the site seems to be working fine now. I don't have any VPNs but this seems to be fixed now. Anyways, thank you once again and well-wishes to you.