forum

[resolved] Osu! keeps Crashing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Klein R
Problem Details: everytime i open osu! it says your osu! is up to date but then it immediately crashes, when i click restart osu! in the window it provides it says the same as before then crashes. i tried everything i could think of to fix, nothing so far.

side note: worked perfectly fine until i restarted my computer to update my tablet drivers.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://i.imgur.com/qAn25hn.png

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Death
Please click on the crying pippi in your picture and paste the contents of the error log here.
Topic Starter
Klein R
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at #=zoBHjfxvIlCIGdLdOyntmN3zDsuWkr_atLZwHEzzCfgF_.#=zfPUykv2ISZZLnExlMA==()
at #=zeAx9psT1hMvM5LIlMb6ciE$JqRYfkVqqIPP2GEnh4lC2oniRfg==.#=zvm2GPJA=.#=z2Gv8ps5RJjstEuV7SqA25ag=(#=zoBHjfxvIlCIGdLdOyntmN3zDsuWkr_atLZwHEzzCfgF_ #=zpnUqcrY=)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.FindAll(Predicate`1 match)
at #=zeAx9psT1hMvM5LIlMb6ciE$JqRYfkVqqIPP2GEnh4lC2oniRfg==.#=znBok5UOJxBQ_()
at #=zeAx9psT1hMvM5LIlMb6ciE$JqRYfkVqqIPP2GEnh4lC2oniRfg==.#=zH1WBKR8=()
at #=zeAx9psT1hMvM5LIlMb6ciE$JqRYfkVqqIPP2GEnh4lC2oniRfg==.#=zkgNhcXA=(Boolean #=zkmcFXm8=)
at #=zkFKqnJt1IcctxUnoqA==.#=zkgNhcXA=()
at #=z319_hRCJ5vLNIaMqUA==.#=zPeGyjG0=()
at #=zYMITZv9fIBmT3u52bQ==.#=zp5rLHW9AiQtt(String #=zrmnbrO1wnixb, Boolean #=z4DjwV3qSJU7vlQ139YQMjT4=, Boolean #=z6WxFcBbuJkIKWk_F2g==)
Death
You probably have a beatmap with an invalid character in its path.

Navigate to your osu!\Songs folder and check to make sure none of the folders inside have any of these characters:
\ / : * ? " < > | (or any other strange character that you might notice)

You might also need to check inside each of these folders for any files with the same characters.
If you have a lot of beatmaps check any maps you have imported recently first.
Topic Starter
Klein R
yeah sorry thought i got the whole log, but i edited it and also couldn't find any out of place characters in the folders
Death
Check your actual osu! file path as well as your skins folder for those characters.
Topic Starter
Klein R
Thanks Death its working now