forum

Mago de Oz - La viuda de O'Brian

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Luvdic
Also before further proceeding, may I get clarification if problem lies with the diff name theme or just Bipolar diff name (and potential La Caprichosa) too?

I tried to ask Raiden directly, but s/he gave me quite a cryptic responde to which I am not sure how to decipher, so I am leaving this question here.
Raiden
what's cryptic about "reach a consensus with the community"? please refrain from saying such things without context.
Topic Starter
Luvdic
:

Raiden wrote:

what's cryptic about "reach a consensus with the community"? please refrain from saying such things without context.
Community is a very broad term. Also sorry if I seem to be attacking, I just stated that with the intention to show that I have doubts, that I tried to contact you, but I was still left with the doubt (and you had things to do and had to leave), thus I made the question in the thread in hopes that someone else could help me clarify.

In any case, I discussed with Monstrata, and he stated that his/her main concern is with the Bipolar name diff, anything else should be consented with you or Natsu (Monstrata actually said any spanish speaking BN, but let's not do that for sake of biasing this more towards the people having trouble with this rather than finding a middle ground, thus you and Natsu).

Thus, I want to propose the following difficulty names, and please do give feedback this time. I have done it previously but no feedback were given.

La Regalada
La Simpatica
La Complicada
La Dura
La Intensa CSLM
La Extrema Xanero
La Dulce Mery

(Although la extrema doesnt really fit with the song's theme, but I think you guys might be happier with it)

Edit:

Aftet discussing with some additional users:

La Simpatica
La Modesta
La Complicada
La Dura
La Intensa
????? (Maybe use la regalada as the easiest diff name, but he preferred to have names that are intelligible in english, what do you guys think?)
La Dulce Mery
Natsu
eh I still don't agree with this one as it doesn't fit in the scale, in the other side La Regalada would be fine IMO

La Simpatica

This ones are actually nice:

La Modesta
La Complicada
La Dura
La Intensa
La Dulce Mery

maybe try:

La Regalada (IMO La Relajada would be a lot better as it translates better to the english)
La Modesta
La Promedio (As Esek suggested, it makes a lot more sense than simpatica, since simpatica doesn't scale in anyway)
La Dura
La Intensa
La Extrema, La Loca etc, you have many options for this one.
La Dulce Mery

btw for the collab use Xanero's diff name, since I didn't notice until now that it was a collab lol
Topic Starter
Luvdic
Hmm someone suggested that adding Xanero and CSLM to the guest diff caused some confusions, as it made them think that La Dulce Mery was also a guest diff.

And yes, La Bipolar Xanero is a collab, which is one of the reasons I thought it fits perfectly, but you guys have made it very clear that it is not and is not discussable ;(

Okay, so how about this?

La Relajada
La Modesta
La Promedio
La Complicada
La Dura
La Intensa
La Dulce Mery

Imo, I think the benefits of adding the guest mappers to the diff name outweighs the confusion caused by it.
Natsu
yeah i'm fine with those
Topic Starter
Luvdic
Diff names updated, will leave it up to raiden to agree with the diff names and hopefully requalify.

Thanks all
ZekeyHache

Xanandra wrote:

Hmm someone suggested that adding Xanero and CSLM to the guest diff caused some confusions, as it made them think that La Dulce Mery was also a guest diff.
Well, now that you have those diffs without the GD/collab indicators, you should at least point that out in the map's description. I also suggest sb names cuz there's no indication in the diffnames about GD or collab and I bet some people won't even read the description. Imagine if many people play a GD of yours and thinks the set owner was the one who mapped it 👀
CSLM

Xanandra wrote:

Imo, I think the benefits of adding the guest mappers to the diff name outweighs the confusion caused by it.
I'm agree with Xana, also IMO deleting the guest mappers from the diffnames isn't right because doesn't give a proper presentation on the map. Yes, adding the diffname without the posesive particle make confusion with the top diff, so what about this?:

La Relajada
La Modesta
La Promedio
La Complicada
La Dura de CSLM
La Intensa de Xanero
La Dulce Mery

I'm just giving an proposition for avoid deleting the diffnames. If you ask me that doesn't seems right
Topic Starter
Luvdic

CSLM wrote:

Xanandra wrote:

Agree with Xana, deleting the guest mappers from the diffnames isn't right because doesn't give a proper presentation on the map. Yes, adding the diffname without the posesive particle make confusion with the top diff, so what about this?:

La Relajada
La Modesta
La Promedio
La Complicada
La Dura de CSLM
La Intensa de Xanero
La Dulce Mery

I'm just giving an proposition for avoid deleting the diffnames. If you ask me that doesn't seems right
Oops, forgot to add that to description.

And i also like this idea, will do it when i get home if by then no one comments about it
Raiden
Diff names are more reasonable now.

Requalifying as no gameplay changes were made.
Topic Starter
Luvdic
Thank you!
_handholding

Raiden wrote:

Diff names are more reasonable now
What about for those that don't speak sombrero hat?
Gordon123
Back <3
Topic Starter
Luvdic

Kisses wrote:

Raiden wrote:

Diff names has been selected so it is intelligible in english too. Inputs I have gotten through pms to two people, plus input from this thread seems to agree that these diff names are understandable in english too.

In any case, I will provide translations in OT later, for those that are still confused
Atsuro
woo
pkhg
no se porque le ponen tanto color con lo de los diffnames, eso importaba mas en el star rating viejo
si lo que quieren es hacer comprensibles los diffnames no deberian ni permitir que esten en un idioma que no sea ingles, escribir la traduccion en la descripcion no sirve porque casi nadie la lee, ademas que la mayoria se fija en el sr para identificar la dificultad asi que tampoco es como si importara mucho que nombre lleva la dificultad

on a side note me gustaban mas los nombres de antes :(
zigizigiefe
DULCE MARY DONDE ESTA :V
Re-gratz <3
Topic Starter
Luvdic

pkhg wrote:

no se porque le ponen tanto color con lo de los diffnames, eso importaba mas en el star rating viejo
si lo que quieren es hacer comprensibles los diffnames no deberian ni permitir que esten en un idioma que no sea ingles, escribir la traduccion en la descripcion no sirve porque casi nadie la lee, ademas que la mayoria se fija en el sr para identificar la dificultad asi que tampoco es como si importara mucho que nombre lleva la dificultad

on a side note me gustaban mas los nombres de antes :(

Gracias ;(
Atsuro

zigizigiefe wrote:

DULCE MARY DONDE ESTA :V
Re-gratz <3
QUIEN ROBO TU JUVENTUD
Joe Castle

Kisses wrote:

Raiden wrote:

they need to step up their spanish game, muchacho feo
Antalar
RANKED, good job Xanandra!
Meowcenaries
congrats, fun map.