forum

High sens or low?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
If I have low sens my scores are more accurate but slow, but when I use High sens, I can do fast jumps but I am more unstable
Sandy Hoey
Good observations... now what
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
So what should I do ? xD
Sandy Hoey
Play in the middle where you get a little bit of the benefits of both
dung eater
You get faster with low sens if you play more.
N0thingSpecial

bla wrote:

Define low
dung eater

N0thingSpecial wrote:

bla wrote:

Define low
Use elbow and/or shoulder to aim.
akitoApocalypse
Low sensitivity may be better for beginners, as the mouse feels "easier" to control, but around 4-5* you can't handle regular windows sensitivity anymore. Past that you need to increase your sensitivity, as the jumps become more and more rapid and you can't snap quickly enough with a low sensitivity no matter how fast you can flick. Also, at that point you should already have your muscle memory down, so you shouldn't have a need for low sensitivity.

I would highly suggest, though, starting from a high sens first, since the transition from a low to a high sensitivity can be daunting, always making you want to say "oh, let's lower it just a little" until you're back where you started. Make the jump to a high sens (at least double it for now). I call a high sens being able to move across the whole screen without having to move your arm. Just change it to somewhere around there for now, and then finetune it later.
KtkC
Do what suits you

I moved from 1600dpi to 1200dpi recently, and like this.

Check this sheet for top player numbers
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

from the listed players with >5k pp (201 players)
the mode is 800 with 59 players (as pointed out below, doesn't account for res or sens)
the range is 300~4000 (3700)
https://i.imgur.com/cI5ASMY.png
N0thingSpecial

KtkC wrote:

Stuff
Just want to point out not everyone use 1.0x in game sensitivity, or the same screen resolution, or the same windows sensitivity
KtkC

N0thingSpecial wrote:

KtkC wrote:

Stuff
Just want to point out not everyone use 1.0x in game sensitivity, or the same screen resolution, or the same windows sensitivity
oh yeah, definitely true, i've spoilered the graph, anyone can see the doc for specifics.
my name is hi
I personally use 1500 DPI with 1x osu sensitivity (1440x900).
It's always worked and I can do high jumps.

If I was you I'd choose a sensitivity and stick with it. Easier than switching
WhiteCab
i have a very low sens and i can do 5* jumps but i changed to 800 dpi now i cant do 4* jumps kys
WhiteCab

AllanLol123 wrote:

i have a very low sens and i can do 5* jumps but i changed to 800 dpi now i cant do 4* jumps kys

nvm now im better
the ball man
200 iq boi here, I use 1000 dpi with 0.73x sens
-MouseBoiHere
NexotPlay
It depend of a lot of things, I play 800dpi and 0.45x, but there are people that plays with 1500dpi 3.5x, i like to aim with low sens because i dont understand what's the sense of playing osu without moving your hand
[AlphaCentauri]
I have 1,000 dpi and use 2.35x sensitivity. I used 2.75x at one point, but I've since lowered it down to its current sensitivity.

Edit: I have now changed it to 2.00x
Nilocnus
My mouse has 2200dpi for practically every game. I'm pretty proficient in practicing with high sensitivity accuracy, and it infinitely helps with speed in reactions for things like first person shooters. It of course comes with the higher risk of shitmissing, but I've learned to control it.

For my tablet, it's the same thing. I use approximately a 4 by 2cm area. I know this may be small to others, but it allows me the most efficiency for hitting notes. Again shitmissing is a problem but I've also began to learn to tone it down.
- Isla -
I play with high sensitivity, i prefer high sensitivity.
Kordia
I’m running on 3200 dpi on 1x sensitivity, just that after a while, I find I only really start to perform when I strain and tighten my arm, to prevent overshooting more often. Not really sure if this is the best idea in the long term
KKKBlank
Im currently putting my mouse dpi to 3000 and in game sen .5
cutejoseph
i play 400dpi, 0.89 game sens. you get used to it eventually, and you can be more accurate.
Manishh

cutejoseph wrote:

i play 400dpi, 0.89 game sens. you get used to it eventually, and you can be more accurate.
This guy is on race track and drifting his mouse
SukiruToKiru
Imagine low sens :3

high sens = beneficial for future, more room for improving but takes time (at least 4x harder learning curves than low sens)

low sens = good to set scores and farm as it's easy to not overaim and easier control but have bottlecap

conclusion = why do I start to play osu!