This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
None
Combo Commander
327 posts
Earned 1 kudosu.
Stop citing "This is a dump" as a counterargument. The thing is; your patterning is just bad. the map is so repetitive it's not even funny, Sure you can blame this on the song, So why didn't you cut the song or actually pick an interesting song. These patterns aren't innovative or painful or a "technical dumping masterpiece", It's just split jumptrills with grace notes. Not only that but you clearly have no idea how to dump as you're inconsistent as hell with your patterning and map flow. Why are 02:55:768 (175768|0,175768|3,175768|2,176090|1,176197|2,176197|3,176197|0) - the same hand, whereas most of the others aren't? It's the same sound so at least map it to a similar fashion. Don't try and counterargue this with some "it flows better" argument or some shit because this is a (dump) and you can do what you want. 03:24:906 (204906|2,204906|0) - These two notes are just pointless. There isn't anything there, no sound, no patternical flow or logic.

01:41:637 (101637|1) - haha random sv lol.

02:29:094 (149094|2,149308|2) - no triplet here when the sound for it was here 02:25:773 (145773|1,145880|3,145987|1,146094|0,146201|3,146308|2)

the rest of this map is you just moving things off sync onto random snaps and calling it a dump and "your style" like why, This isn't how dumps work. Dumps deviate from the musical choice to make songs that would otherwise be mapped easily to a harder difficulty. Where this map falls is that

1.) It's not hard
2.) It's not consistent
3.) It's just gracenoted split jumptrills for 3 minutes, Which isn't interesting or fun to play atall.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wyi ... 1kYyA/edit <<< read a guide on how to dump.

as for hitsounds; All ranked maps have to be hitsounded. This is just how it is. This map isn't going to change the RC just because you're too lazy to figure out how to hitsound it. Yeah sure most players have hitsounds off but then again players at that tier aren't even playing ranked most of the time simply because of the lack of hard maps.
Rhythm Incarnate
3,322 posts
DDMythical wrote:
The thing is; your patterning is just bad. the map is so repetitive it's not even funny
I tried to mix things up wherever I could, but also tried to maintain a core structure and map around this core structure during kiai times. With the core structure being those repeating hold notes, mapping around the core structure while attempting to offer some for for higher difficulty is a challenge. Well why not then scrap this structure since I clearly don't know how to map harder patterns with it there? It's something I want to keep as a parallel with the Hard diff. What I like to do is decide on this "core structure" and develop it into a more complete picture as the diffs increase. You can see it sort of there in there hard diff, but underdeveloped. You can insist to scrap it, but I believe I can make this work in one way or another.

DDMythical wrote:
Sure you can blame this on the song, So why didn't you cut the song or actually pick an interesting song.
Pretty sure it's not the song and is just my mapping skills.

DDMythical wrote:
Not only that but you clearly have no idea how to dump as you're inconsistent as hell with your patterning and map flow.
I admit, I am not the best mapper out there, and I have started mapping stream/dump patterns not long ago. I obviously need more help with that, and I did apply to the mania mentors program in hopes someone would help me understand more about how make a good stream/dump patterns, but never got to be part of it. If you know someone who can help me in that regard, I'd love to know more.

DDMythical wrote:
Why are 02:55:768 (175768|0,175768|3,175768|2,176090|1,176197|2,176197|3,176197|0) - the same hand, whereas most of the others aren't? It's the same sound so at least map it to a similar fashion.
I probably need to be more consistent in that regard now that you mention it. I'll go back to fix that in the next few weeks.

DDMythical wrote:
03:24:906 (204906|2,204906|0) - These two notes are just pointless
I thought I heard something there when I mapped it, but I'll remove those now. I also don't believe this is the best LN pattern to end the map off either, and have trouble coming up with a better alternative.

DDMythical wrote:
01:41:637 (101637|1) - haha random sv lol.
I wanted to put another SV and the end of the map at 03:21:050, but couldn't figure out the right SV timing and values for it. If both of them there would still be weird, I'd rather remove them

DDMythical wrote:
02:29:094 (149094|2,149308|2) - no triplet here when the sound for it was here 02:25:773
Fixed

DDMythical wrote:
the rest of this map is you just moving things off sync onto random snaps and calling it a dump and "your style" like why, This isn't how dumps work. Dumps deviate from the musical choice to make songs that would otherwise be mapped easily to a harder difficulty. Where this map falls is that

1.) It's not hard
2.) It's not consistent
3.) It's just gracenoted split jumptrills for 3 minutes, Which isn't interesting or fun to play atall.
The aim is to have a challenging dump/stream patterns in those areas. That is the best I came up with given my knowledge and I admit I need help with this.

DDMythical wrote:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wyi ... 1kYyA/edit <<< read a guide on how to dump.
Thanks! I'll keep this in mind. I'll keep the dump/stream patterns more consistent and not be afraid to repeat them when appropriate.

DDMythical wrote:
as for hitsounds; All ranked maps have to be hitsounded. This is just how it is. This map isn't going to change the RC just because you're too lazy to figure out how to hitsound it. Yeah sure most players have hitsounds off but then again players at that tier aren't even playing ranked most of the time simply because of the lack of hard maps.
Bear with me since this is the first time I need to deal with this sort of thing. I have to hitsound such that the beats are distinguishable from the rest of the stuff, for example, or just have something audible there?
Spinner Sage
130 posts
Earned 2 kudosu.
pls resurrect and update :)

Metadata

Source : Selected EP
Tag : techno trance electronic dance

make 1/4 not 1/16

and
AiMod

make audio 192
Rhythm Incarnate
3,322 posts
Eternal Raver diff ready for further modding. Substituted jack/rushes for the 1/16 and 1/8 unconventional streams prior, removed the SV (for now?), and made the ending hold notes, just 2 hold notes for fade out.

If anyone can tell me if it's worth have SV's paired with some patter at the following sections, that would be much appreciated:

01:41:637 - I put hold notes here, but I don't think they do justice for the white noise that happens. imo, a different pattern with a sudden stop would be idea, but I am not sure how to make it without tripping players over.

03:21:050 - Another section where there might be a sudden stop SV, but I am less sure whether it has a place there. The pattern I came up with there does seem to work better than an SV would. There is also the matter of the first part has an SV and the second one does not, it may stick out like a soar thumb as per DDMythical's comment, "01:41:637 (101637|1) - haha random sv lol".

@FAMoss:
    make 1/4 not 1/16: ????

More than 1/3 of the map is kai time: I don't see much wrong with that. I can just remove kai time altogether if it bothers anyone. I just use it to highlight prominent sections of the song

Audio bitrate: I'll do this sometime later. If anyone has tips on how to do this without the program changing offset, please tell.

Mapset needs at least 1 Easy/Normal diff: See the star rating? Take it, strangle it, shoot it, pour gasoline over it, light it on fire, watch it burn, put remains in a sealed box, throw it to the waters, and launch a nuke down to it. If you follow SR like the bible, rip your beliefs in SR to shreds right here and now because you are delusional. SR is anything but what it is. It's a jack density calculator, not some thing that tells how hard the map actually is.
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 19 posts jump | prev  1, 2