forum

osu! world records

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +15
Topic Starter
eh - - -
Hai,
as osu! has been active for around 10 years now, and is a clear competition sport . similar to all physical activities, as shown in every Leaderboard.

Of course, this does not apply for everyone , but in a sense . every leaderboard is already a world record in itself.

I believe , this must not be what it should be limited to. As it can easily be widened out on a more visible scale.

For starters , the visible appearance can be added in Community or Rankings , as a tab on its own.

As for what can be added i am able to list a few ideas:

- Highest BPM streamed on a consecutive combo of lets say 100 or 200
- Highest amount of Combo streamed on any given BPM , to create different "weight classes"
(simple example 170 BPM , 180 , 190 etc )
- Highest amount of star rating cleared, this aswell can be sectionized depending on the HP the song features.
(of course there is going to be something that will be crafted to make this task easier . In the end it doesnt matter, as people will try to beat that)
- Highest amount of rank 1 attained in one single session. This is a tricky one , as it will change over time . But still an fun to measure feat.
- Highest amount of stars FCed on a FL song

and many many many more possible along those lines.

It wouldnt even be particular hard to manage , as you can simply add the sections in a tab so they are easily accessable.
Submitting it wont be a problem either , as proof can be easily delivered.

I think something like this , with tons and tons and tons of beatmaps existing and only the PP factor to look out for competition, is a bit limiting.
Especially since its really suited for being a world record type of activity. If people want to do so.

If theres any more fancy ideas , they can be added to the OP.

Lets make "osu! worldrecords" a thing !
Ayachi Meme
Endaris
No offense but your ideas are bad.
None of your suggested points is really fit for a world record as all of these are greatly varying when it comes to things like:
Which spacing for streams? Minimum UR required? OD setting? Minimum accuracy?
Star rating and HP work on every map differently so they're not fit to measure the difficulty of passing a map (not to mention OD is related too):
Just look at this map for example there's a chunk of notes dropping right at the starting position of the catcher that inflates the SR to the 19* it has (the rest of the map wouldn't make it there). Even I can hit that 19* pattern.

Last but not least, the fun thing in osu! are the maps and the fact that they are all different. I don't need any world record maps that are good for setting a record but bad for playing. Tournaments and leaderboards are more than enough of a competitive environment.