forum

Find your Chinese zodiac sign

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CtrlAltShift
So I've done a quick search through the forums and I don't think there is a post like this yet. If I've made a mistake/left out some important detail, please tell me.

I'll try to state all the important facts cause the whole thing is too long. Read it up on wikipedia or some website if you really want to fully understand the Chinese zodiac.

Summary of the folklore
he Jade Emperor decided that there should be a way of measuring time and organised a swimming race across a fast flowing river and the 12 winners will have a year of the zodiac named after them. The 12 animals namely (in order) Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig won the race and hence why these 12 animals are featured in the Chinese zodiac.

Now here comes the slightly more complicated part. Eg, animal replacements and Wu Xing.
>Some cultures replace the original 12 zodiac animals with other creatures. Eg, Thailand where the Dragon is replaced with the Naga, a mythical serpent-like creature.
>Your "true" zodiac sign includes your birth year and time, Wu Xing (the Five Elements - Metal, Wood, Water, Fire, Earth) and yin yang. According to my mom, yin yang isn't that important so I'll skip that.

For more information, here are some helpful websites to let you guys understand more about it
>The animals in the Chinese zodiac (https://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/ ... ms/zodiac/)
>The Five Elements of the Chinese zodiac (https://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/ ... ements.htm)

Extra things you might want to know:
>We have a test to see if a couple is compatible according to their Chinese zodiac sign. (Some believe it and some don't. Depends in oneself really.)
>Letting other people know your birth time (excluding parents) is dangerous because it will be easier for people to cast black magic spells on you. (I don't know how or why, sorry)
>It takes a total of 60 years to complete one full cycle of the Chinese zodiac because there are 12 animals and 5 elements and are paired up. Doing the maths, 12 x 5 = 60 years.

Hope you've found this thread interesting or helpful in a way :D

Just for fun, reply your Chinese zodiac sign. Mine's a metal rabbit :P
Sandy Hoey
Im a tiger. I never heard about the element thing, and I grew up with a partialy Chinese education
Blitzfrog
Metal Dragon
Rwyta
Metal snake.
levesterz
wooden sheep
Sentencings
I'm a water sheep (or goat..)

There's also this thing here with Primal Zodiacs, which you combine your sun sign and chinese zodiac to get an animal.

For me, Gemini + Sheep = Centipede.
Rwyta

Blitzfrog wrote:

Who posts their real age?

Blitzfrog wrote:

Metal Dragon
But you just posted your Chinese zodiac sign aka your real age is exposéd :^)
Blitzfrog

Allmynamestaken wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

Who posts their real age?

Blitzfrog wrote:

Metal Dragon
But you just posted your Chinese zodiac sign aka your real age is exposéd :^)
Who said that was for real?
Zangston
Metal Snake

Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAKE!
Zain Sugieres
Metal dragon
Foxtrot
FIRE OX
Rwyta

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Metal dragon
Wth so you have the same age as Blitzfrog then
Pochacco
earth pig
jakk
water sheep owo
kai99
I knew for a fact my animal's a rabbit but I didn't know the element part. So.. I'm apparently an Earth Rabbit.
Zain Sugieres

Allmynamestaken wrote:

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Metal dragon
Wth so you have the same age as Blitzfrog then
Yes
Fourth
wud rabbit
Dustytuft

Blitzfrog wrote:

Metal Dragon

Zain Sugieres wrote: