forum

[invalid] No more silence from spamming in mutual friend chat.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Goatlov3r
Hello.

So today I was spectating a friend play. He choked on a high 6* fc at the last 3 notes, and as a result, he started spamming in our PM chat (we don't really use the spectator channel).

He was silenced for spamming.

We had to chat via discord for a few minutes, and it wasn't really all that bad, but it made me wonder how a feature such as the automatic silence for spamming could be improved.

The idea that I came up with was that, in case of spamming in PMs, if the two people involved are mutual friends (both have added eachother), then there should be no automatic silence. The two people just being "friends" (one of them having added the other) would not work, because someone could just add any random person and spam, and that wouldn't be cool at all. Thus why they have to be mutuals.

What do you all think?

Also this is my first post ever here so if I messed something up please tell me how to fix it.
Lyawi
No, I don't like that, people shouldn't spam at all... Also, I wouldn't like it when one of my friends would just spam in our chat just because people can't chill and are triggered then.
Topic Starter
Goatlov3r

Lyawi wrote:

No, I don't like that, people shouldn't spam at all... Also, I wouldn't like it when one of my friends would just spam in our chat just because people can't chill and are triggered then.
Aw.

Well my friends are a bit weird, I'll agree on that. Spamming happenns all the time.

Well, it's okay if you don't like it.

Thanks for replying to the thread!
Pawsu
This was marked a invalid here: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/posts/3269073. I don't think this will happen