forum

Howdy ya'll! Help a noobie out!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chucklenutz_old
Yo! I'm not exactly new since iv been playing since like 8 years ago. But im entering games in multi and theres terms like jump or stream maps and its so confusing :o and the general difficulty players play now seems way higher lol.

Anyone got term tips? What sensitivity or dpi to use on my mouse? how to make sure my wrist doesnt cramp up bad?

Any input would be great!!! 8-)
Sandy Hoey
Welcome to the forums.

As with any game, the longer it exists the higher skill level the average becomes. As for terms, you can check out this list (https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Glossary/) Plus, you can always ask in chat if someone says something you dont understand and someone will explain.

Dpi is completely subject, but not too hard to find. You will know when you naturally overshoot a note or dont go far enough and can adjust accordingly. I would suggest using the lowest dpi you are comfortable with as it provides the most accuracy.

For your wrist, it will strengthen if you play consistently. But make sure you have good posture and stop playing if it ever becomes anything more than sore muscles
Topic Starter
Chucklenutz_old
thanks a ton sandy! this was very helpful <3 :)
Jun Maeda
Welcome to the forums! enjoy ur stay! ^^
Faye
Welcome to the forums!
Yeah, when it comes to wrist cramps - make sure you take breaks fairly regularly. But a bit of strain isn't necessarily bad, it's a good idea to do marathons every once in a while to work out the muscles in your wrist.

DPI is completely subjective; but the idea is to find a sensitivity that leaves you able to place the cursor wherever you want. Control and accuracy should be your goal there.

And overall, for jumping and map completion - just keep practicing. Pushing yourself as far as you can go difficulty wise.
Don't worry about PP yet either, just keep striving for difficult maps - your pp farm will be ez once you git gud!

I'm working on that last part myself =^.^=

If you want maps, I got plenty. Add me and we can do some multi or somethin'