forum

Cursor lag spike every 4 - 5 minutes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saunamaisteri
Footage about the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFUCN_E ... e=youtu.be

Okay so i've been suffering from this constant cursor lagging for a few months now and I can't find 100% confirmed factor that would be the cause for all this annoyance.
It occurs while using both tablet and mouse. I've tested the same tablet and mouse on another pc and the lag won't occur so its probably not because of the equipment. This lag shows up every 4-5 minutes or so and I haven't been able to fix this due to the fact that the origin of this problem is still kind of a mystery ..

Though I have one prime suspect.. this some kind of downloadable osu!streamspeedtester that I had on my desktop for about 10 months. The last time I used it was somewhere near the end of 2016 (and it worked fine back then) and then I forgot the whole existence of that thing until summer 2017 I noticed the program at my desktop and decided to give it a try until Avast started screaming about virus that has been blocked from the osu!streamspeedtester (this never happed before). So I deleted the program and soon after that my cursor started to constantly lag. I had experiencing some minor lags with my cursor for few weeks before the deletion of this program but it was a different kind of lag. It affected my cursor differently and would be easily fixed by turning compatility mode on and off.

So I really can't find any other suspects for this one other than that streamspeedtester but that doesn't explain why I had that lag before I deleted it + since I've had the program for so long and the problems only started wayy long after I first installed it.
I hope I don't have to reinstall my osu! because it would be a pain to lose all the replays and other stuff with it .

Thank you for reading
KupcaH
Enable fps counter. Maybe you get frame drops?
Topic Starter
Saunamaisteri

KupcaH wrote:

Enable fps counter. Maybe you get frame drops?
But its not really affecting the game as a whole but rather just the cursor
NixXSkate
Try testing with LatencyMon
Topic Starter
Saunamaisteri

NixXSkate wrote:

Try testing with LatencyMon
Did that and it gave me the following message:

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling setting in Contor Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates."

I followed these instructions shown here at http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Disable_CPU_Throttling_in_Windows but LatencyMon seems to keep showing the same message even though I disabled this "throttling" thing.
Topic Starter
Saunamaisteri
Ok now im starting to get hopeless... I've disabled the throttling settings and updated my BIOS but there isl still that god damn latency every 5 minutes..
E m i
check drivers with highest execution time, uninstall java completely
Killuminati
i have the same problem idk whats causing it i play normally and it just lags for a second and its cause's me to lose FC's a lot since it doesn't resister my clicks while the lag happens
Topic Starter
Saunamaisteri

Momiji wrote:

check drivers with highest execution time, uninstall java completely
I did that and I also went as far as reinstalling my whole osu! and my tablet's drivers and still nothing . . .

I only managed to make that lag even worse by deleting this one program called "WidescreenFixer".
Now the lag has evolved in lenght and sometimes feels like my tablet is literally switching itself off for a fraction of a second

Here's some footage after I deleted WidescreenFixe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGLjDCe ... e=youtu.be
Topic Starter
Saunamaisteri

killuminatiOP wrote:

i have the same problem idk whats causing it i play normally and it just lags for a second and its cause's me to lose FC's a lot since it doesn't resister my clicks while the lag happens
I feel you dude
dung eater
Try disabling or uninstalling your antivirus and all unnecessary services (windows and third party) and programs.
Topic Starter
Saunamaisteri

bla wrote:

Try disabling or uninstalling your antivirus and all unnecessary services (windows and third party) and programs.
Going to do full factory reset + upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 soon as possible. After that, things should go back to the track.