forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
FR_NextFire
Can someone post the latest fonctionnal version for macOS 10.12(.2) please :? ?

Edit: OsuToothbrush reupload isn't working :/
AGRX
Message has been deleted.
FR_NextFire

Agrrox wrote:

pre-installed osu! wrapper with engine WS9Wine2.1 for testing...

Wow it works perfectly thank you Agrrox! :)
I'm around 150fps ingame with 5ms input lag
I have a MacBook Pro Retina 13" early 2015
Jeni-Desu
Is there a way to run osu!lazer in OSX at this moment?
AGRX
lenpai

Agrrox wrote:

VSNRAIN's wrapper with engine: wine-staging-x32-2.0-rc1
Download
My personal experience with 1.9.X engines is that they are unstable and osu is constantly crashing while scrolling songs in song select screen.
Engines 1.9.16 and higher were not even able to launch osu for some reason.
I gave 2.0 staging engine a try and it works just fine.

Please share your results. You can copy your osu data from old osu wrapper to this new after first launch. if you don't know how, you can use guide on my profile.
Gave this a shot. Really nice except for the random hanging (i have to force quit when this happens) when rapidly changing songs in song select. Still great. Almost no lag at 120 fps
AGRX
lenpai
thanks will try it out
Silverdroid
can't wait for a native client uwu
AGRX
I decided to delete all wrappers that i have created.

Reason:
operating system uses UUID to identify system (universally unique identifier) Which means that when more people uses same osu wrapper that has same UUID it can trigger anti cheating detection.
I recently got an email that states "We have noticed cheating / foul-play / abnormal activity on your account." which result my account being rollbacked 4 months back in time...

There is no need to risk mine or another people's account.

Don't PM me because i don't care anyways, which means i will not provide you any help about building wine wrappers or get osu running for you. Get over it.
Just wait for osu!lazer to get finished and release natively for MacOS.

Sorry for this :/

Just wait for native osu!
Jeni-Desu

Agrrox wrote:

I decided to delete all wrappers that i have created.

Reason:
operating system uses UUID to identify system (universally unique identifier) Which means that when more people uses same osu wrapper that has same UUID it can trigger anti cheating detection.
I recently got an email that states "We have noticed cheating / foul-play / abnormal activity on your account." which result my account being rollbacked 4 months back in time...

There is no need to risk mine or another people's account.

Sorry for this :/

Just wait for native osu!
Aww thats sad to hear, both about your account and the UIDD thingy
Hope your account get re-rolledback or something :|
Best of luck to your account and the native osu! development :D
RhytmicPantsu
I can't get it running. I've downloaded it, first of, it didnt start due to an X11 error, which i was able to fix by updating my wine wrapper in wine winery. Now, if i start it, i dont get any error message or anything, the icons pops up in my Dock with the little dot below it indicating that its running. But no window is getting opened or anything. I've waited for more than 10 minutes now.

Informations:
Mac Book Pro 8.1
OSX 10.11.6
Mazhaa
Please a new version of osu! for mac please D: !
camberp01
Going through my files and such, it's having errors loading fonts apparently, as well as not wanting to run Wineskin. Anyone experienced in these kind of things help me please?
Urufidayo
My osu isn't working, it hasn't been responding for 1 hour straight :(
DJ Enetro
Mines works but it's stuck to the stable (Fallback) Version
Uses Wine.
I downloaded this and opened that and install.exe with the unarchiver. put unarchived osu!lazer-2017.515.0-full in my drive_c folder. Help please!
Gadiguibou

sakurako3925 wrote:

So I tried playing osu! on where I was playing it originally, it said: "Another user is currently using this application. They must exit the application before you can use it.

Then when I went to my other account in my computer, it said: ERROR! cannot write into Infoplist, there are permission problems or you are on a read only volume. This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.

And this keeps going on a loop! ;~; How can I fix this? (And I did reinstall it. It's still the same.)

Edit: Figured it out. Nevermind.
Can you please tell me how to solve this? I seem to have the same problem.
YuKM
Can someone help me? I can't run osu!stable or osu!alpha on macOS Sierra 10.12.4. I really want to play osu.
speedfarm
I love osu! on my PC but When I try to open it on mac it says ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume. This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.
Mshrav
@speedfarm, late reply, sorry. It seems like a permissions problem - you probably need to add write and execute permissions for info.plist.
DJ Enetro
Haven't seen this topic in a long time lol.

Anyways, I think the problem should be solved by looking here:

http://osuosx.tumblr.com

Choose to download the Alpha Release and install xQuartz too.
Strawbxrry
I have OS 10.12.6 and its not working with my mac, can you make a release for the newer versions?
Mic238

Rainb0wR3spawn wrote:

I have OS 10.12.6 and its not working with my mac, can you make a release for the newer versions?

The alpha release (Stable) of the Mac version is dead after 10.12 (Sierra). So I made a working version for it on github https://github.com/Mic238/osu-for-Mac-Stable-Latest
Jeni-Desu

Mic238 wrote:

The alpha release (Stable) of the Mac version is dead after 10.12 (Sierra). So I made a working version for it on github https://github.com/Mic238/osu-for-Mac-Stable-Latest

Your version is working and runs smoothly, but is still missing some stuff from the Alpha 2016 release
But wait, does ur version works on Sierra?
Lumenite-

Mic238 wrote:

Rainb0wR3spawn wrote:

Uh, a few weird things are going on for me.

A) A lot of the buttons are blank. Like the options buttons are not there, and the pause/play/fast forward stuff aren't either.
B) I can't put beatmaps into the client. It says "error moving file."
C) (edit) Beatmap editor never in sync with offset.

For clarification, I'm on masOS High Sierra, i.e. 10.13
numbermaniac
After updating to 10.13, the stable fallback and stable (alpha) versions of osu! aren't opening anymore. Nothing happens when I try to open either of them. Strange, since it was working on 10.12 - what changed?
Yaoi

numbermaniac wrote:

After updating to 10.13, the stable fallback and stable (alpha) versions of osu! aren't opening anymore. Nothing happens when I try to open either of them. Strange, since it was working on 10.12 - what changed?
Also on 10.13 and can confirm osu will not open.

Edit: Seems like the new Apple File System (introduced in 10.13) is causing issues for a lot of games.
Shiro-no-Yuki
I just updated my mac to high sierra 10.13.1, osu isn't working anymore.... I tried porting kit but it doesn't work either
anyone know how to fix?
FR_NextFire
MazterQyoun-ae
Deleted
Shiro-no-Yuki

FR_NextFire wrote:

Check it maybe https://youtu.be/RDjWNWM3Y7w
Thanks! it worked!!
isgl

Mic238 wrote:

Rainb0wR3spawn wrote:

i tried it... it doesn't work anymore :( well for me at least
Jeni-Desu
Try updating the wrapper using the Porting Kit (Search it on google)
Shiro-no-Yuki
After updating to high sierra, I can't switch between desktops when osu! is open. Therefore I can't download songs with it open, so I can't play multi. Is there any way to fix other than getting ous! direct?
pipta
very complicated my dudelol
Ittiphat
PLZ contiune update osu for mac
Jeni-Desu

pingnaja wrote:

PLZ contiune update osu for mac
Already did, try the 2018 version on the site