forum

Offset and Timeline not Sync

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FiddleBlue
Hi,

So something weird happened when I was timing. Here's a pic:
In the picture, the offset and the time on the bottom timeline are apart by 1 millisecond. Which is frustrating as timing points and circles will be less than a millisecond and that I can't overlap green and red lines.

I already tried deleting the map and make a new one, and it still has the same problem. So if anyone can tell me how to fix it, I'll be grateful.
Endaris
Hi, you can add the inherited section via the timing panel (F6).

Quick step-by-step tutorial:

Don't forget to press "OK" at the end because the changes made won't be saved if you press cancel or close it via the red X.
Topic Starter
FiddleBlue
Well yeah I know that, but the problem is that whenever I place a slider or circle, it'll start on the -1 millisecond timing. The sv and stuff will not follow the green line. :/
Endaris
Oh. That. There is a 4 year old bug report about this, leaving you with 3 choices:

1. This is probably the best one. As described in the linked thread this is a rounding error only occuring every x beat (depending on bpm). You can move your initial red line 4 (or whatever measure you're using) "to the past", resulting in the same downbeat placement but having your red line and green line early enough to apply to that note.
If you have the previous downbeat accessible, EASY. Simply place the first section there, delete the other one, you are ready to go. Judging from the offset displayed on your screenshot (16s) this seems to be the by far easiest solution.

Option 2 and 3 would be changing the offset from the mp3 side or changing the timing of that specific circle through the .osu-file but as the above is possible, these would definitely be overkill.