forum

Beatmap Speed Multiplier

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Hey there, i got a request from a friend "stankill", to create a program to speedup beatmaps.
So after accepting it i created a speed modifier program, that can alter the Beatmaps speed to any possible value.
You can also choose inhuman amounts, like 100x speedup.

It only works for Osu!mania maps at the moment, but i will change that very soon.

Download Link: Speed Multiplier

This is a little tricky to use, so follow this tutorial to get it to work:

There are 2 different steps u have to follow, u have to either multiply the speed of the beatmap, by using my program and another program to speed up your .mp3 file.
(If any1 knows how to speedup mp3 files in C++, then feel free to enlighten me ^^

Speed multiply on Beatmaps
1. Download the Speed Multiplier.
2. Extract the File anywhere.
3. Hold "SHIFT" and "Right Click" anywhere in the folder, then you should be able to click on "Open Commend Window here".
Then a Black Window should open up.

4. Now write "Speed Multiplier.exe" or just press S and click TAB, then it should auto fill that expression.

5. Then you need the File location of the beatmap, that u'd like to mess with.
To get there you have to open your Beatmaps Folder, the easiest way is to go through the Editor.
Open a Beatmap in the Editor -> Click on File -> Open Song Folder

Afterwards Copy the Location.

Now get back into the cmd.exe

Press Spacebar -> Open Brackets " -> paste the location (You have to rightclick -> Paste it, ctrl + v won't work in the cmd.exe) -> and then close the brackets ".

Now you have to do the same for the difficulty, that you want to alter.

Press Spacebar -> Open brackets " -> Paste the difficulty Name (without the .osu) -> Close the Brackets ".

Now it's time to press Enter.

The program will now ask you, how fast your beatmap shall become.
As the box explains, you just have to type a value and press Enter.

Your screen should look like this now:

The new difficulty has been created into your beatmap folder.

Now if you want to try several different speed values, then u don't have to go through all the copy paste effort again, you just have to press the "Up Arrow Key" and your last command will appear again, u could also just alter the difficulty name there.

Speed Multiply on .mp3 files
To speedup your mp3 File to the same amount as your beatmap, you can use any tool you want (use your own or google for some).

I'm personally using Audoacity to do it.
If you don't want to bother to find your own program, then just follow my tutorial for this program.
1. Download and Install Audacity Download Link
2. Open Audacity.
3. Open the .mp3 File that u want to speed up.
4. Click on Effects -> Change Speed (this will also alter the Pitch) / Or just click on change Tempo (this will not alter the Pitch).
5. Click on File -> Export Audio and save it as mp3 file
If you get an error message whenever u want to save it as mp3, then visit this Link and download/Install "Lame", then you should be able to export into mp3.

I know this looks like alooot of effort to use it, but even though it looks like alot, you can easily do all these steps in 1 minute, once u know what to do.
If you want to be able to play the speeded Version AND the normal version at the same time, then just save the new mp3 File under a new Name like... "File Name 1.3x.mp3" and then open the Difficulty of your Beatmap in a Notepad and alter the following line: "AudoFileName: [...]" just insert the name of your new mp3 file.

I'm aware that this program is still far from being perfect (too complicated to use, not all modes included and you need alter the mp3 yourself) but i'll try to improve it the next few days.
Until then, have fun with it if you dare to go through the tutorial :D
Full Tablet
Smoogipooo's BPM changer uses http://www.surina.net/soundtouch/soundstretch.html and lame.exe to change the speed of the mp3 files.
t/218783
Topic Starter
IamBaum

Full Tablet wrote:

Smoogipooo's BPM changer uses http://www.surina.net/soundtouch/soundstretch.html and lame.exe to change the speed of the mp3 files.
First of all, i really have to compliment you Full Tablet, u only needed 3-4 minutes after the thread release to reply, and it was also very useful thanks :)

Tbh i didn't know about Smoogipoo's BPM changer before, so i took a closer look into it.
Smoogi's program is on a whole different lvl than my beginner stage atm, i almost thought that my efford was a total waste, but i noticed that his BPM Changer doesn't detect LN's in Osu!mania, so i guess i might make my program mania only, and leave the other modes to his superior program :)

And thanks for your other link as well, i'll try to implement that into the Speed Multiplier.
stankill
I love you :*

Edit
So much.
OneRing
Thank you very much, already basically used, but the program does not accurately determine the bpm when accelerating. I have to edit to manual and customize notes, otherwise the best program at the moment, thanks for it!
Shawdooow
I think this is what your going for?
https://youtu.be/ouVUwWu6_tQ
Kondou-Shinichi
IM WAITING FOR A STD ONE
Full Tablet

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

IM WAITING FOR A STD ONE
t/640981