forum

CTB Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,123
show more
[Kami]
Star!
Accel World
:)
Sunkiss
*cough, cough bump cough, cough *
Qiyana
If I could vote I would but I can't because I don't have any votes. :( :( :( :( :( :(
CelegaS
First i want something that say if circle will be a hyper or not directly while mapping (like red aura around circle) in waiting for a real ctb editor. And same when we need to dash (white aura?).
For me it would be a huge help.
Zak
I agree with an indication for a hyper, but for dashing it's not needed imo
ZiRoX
Agree with Zak. The indication of a hyperdash in-editor would be really helpful and it shouldn't be hard to implement. Currently, the only ways to know if something is a hyperdash (or is too close to being one) are (1) testing a lot, or (2) finding beforehand what distance triggers the hyperdash for each spacing (and this also changes with SV).

This would certainly make mapping and modding easier, especially when it comes to placing timing jumps or detecting and removing unwanted ones.
Underforest
Bump, yes pls *-*
Platiin-kun
this would be awesome o: :)
MaruVT
*bump* i wonder if this can become a thing after x years. well take my stars
Tanomoshii Nekojou
*found CTB editor*
me: FINALLY. owo
me also: *gives stars and fruits with hyperdashes* :) :o

Zak wrote:

I agree with an indication for a hyper, but for dashing it's not needed imo
Brilliant. Please add this also. owo
sxy62146214
thinking
it will be great
Zak
I don't think anyone else needs to dump stars into this, as far as I can tell peppy fully intends there to be a fully functioning CtB editor in osu!lazer whenever that finally comes out.
amax
aaah, the only thing holding me back on learning to map ctb is the lack of a specific editor :(
Dungeneer_old

eldnl wrote:

Would be awesome if you can add a ctb editor, where you can see the spins and hyperdashes without testing.
Also an option to make the slider as you want, I mean, without the velocity and lenght limit.
Some ideas provided by players in order to get it implemented:
  1. Kurokami
    SPOILER
    Okay, I need a new post since someone posted after mine. q.q I made it in like ~30 min so its kinda shit but I will provide the .psd file too if someone has another idea for editing. I add a description bellow the image for every text which is appear on the image to make this post better. \o/ Also it should be working with 4:3 too, I just used my own res to edit.

Alternate Spinner Forms: Its because CtB has more spinner overlay and when osu! handle it it appears randomly, well at least it stays the same, but sometimes it ruins the patterns since it needs a testplay to place the objects after/before it at the best possible place. And its annoying if the map has many spinners. So it should be an overlay? option just like combo colors have to be able to choose which one do you want to use.
    End of the Screen: This is optional, but since maybe with this the grid will be a bit useless it will be hard to know where the screen ends and offscreen fruits are just crazy. o.o So it should be something which reminds the mapper about where are him/her at.
    Timing Points: I'm not sure if this really needs describeing since they should be the same as above on the timeline but this way you just only need to watch in the middle to know where will you place that note on the timeline. And also you can see everything in realtime w/o testing it (well it will still required).
    Scrollbar: This is really an optional stuff since maybe it isn't really necessary, but it will be good to see where are you at w/o looking at the bottom which is I think its kinda disturbing. And other option is to place the bottom line (I dunno it's name) at the right side of the grid. Well this whole option is mainly works only for 16:9 but maybe it can be added for 4:3 too.
    If someone can do one more image with some fruits I think the idea will speak for itself (I don't have the original skin to do it).
    I know the lines are kinda stacked but a zoom is also an option and I just made it like this for better imagining. I'm not sure if making the fruits smaller in the editor will work but thats another optional thing to be able to add more timeline portion inside the grid (I think if it will looks like I made it it should be enough too, I don't think we really need more).
    Anyone wants to change something or add his/her own idea just go ahead. Here is the .psd to do it.
    I hope it looks good enough. o.o
  2. Drafura: Custom droplet density, maybe a tool too make nice curves with them.
  3. Deif: Removal of the value of the vertical distance of the notes, as it's likely useless in order to make a CTB diff (in fact, only the horizontal distance matters). > Added by MillhioreF (Mar 18, 2015)

Another feature could be the custom spins, but I don't mean to put every banana as you want, I mean, you can select which spin will be.
Example, if you want the spin like this, this or this.
This is just an example, any other idea is welcome!

Yes!
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Tilt on English wrote:

aaah, the only thing holding me back on learning to map ctb is the lack of a specific editor :(
;w;
wonjae

Tilt on English wrote:

i mean although i agree the editor is outdated and not very welcoming, you can always just try to map.

Ctb uses just the x-axis so i dont know how that would stop you from learning how to create visually appealing patterns on a 2-d plane lol.
JBHyperion

Paranoid Grapes wrote:

Tilt on English wrote:

i mean although i agree the editor is outdated and not very welcoming, you can always just try to map.

Ctb uses just the x-axis so i dont know how that would stop you from learning how to create visually appealing patterns on a 2-d plane lol.
It's probably more concerning the difficulty in translating what appears in the editor to how the map actually appears during play. Anything other than linear stream or slidershapes can look totally different to how you expect, there's no indication of reasonable jump spacing or hyperdash triggers, and so on.

The need to playtest every 3 seconds to check these things is a pretty major turn-off for new players, especially those coming in from another mode.
Pachiru
To be honest, if you're coming from an other game mode, at first view, mapping in CTB can be quite tough, since there is no specific editor, and someone new doesn't know that it only work on X-axis. But now, it been a while that's like this, and a lot of CTB mappers took the habit to map on this editor and nobody is looks to have problems with it. Everything is about practice, I guess.
Also, I don't really see how a CTB could work to be honest.

(im too honest to be honest)
Kuya Frex
Take my star
lcfc
i hope this is a thing with lazer so i can actually quit std mapping ecsdee
micaela2003

MillhioreF wrote:

This was denied a long time ago, but now that mania has its own editor I can see this being feasible.
Zak
Would be nice for a mod or someone to lock/move this thread, there's no need for this or for stars to be thrown at it since it's been confirmed that there will be a CtB editor sooner or later in lazer
Topic Starter
eldnl
wow this has been alive for 4 years and didn't noticed it
84c20de358d67
and 2 years past
lewski
imagine waiting for lazer
AncuL
whats the purpose of necroposting tho
just program one :^)
Ikira
oh god i hope for Lazer