forum

Gifting Namechanges

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +66
Topic Starter
SuperBerries
So, in all realness, we can gift a friend supporter. Or any stranger. Maybe someone who you appreciate. So, that said, shouldn't we be able to gift a friend, stranger, someone we appreciate the gift of a Namechange? I'd like to gift a friend of mine a Namechange, once she's decided on a name. Not that she can't afford it, just because I want to be nice.
Kert
Just make a supporter tag gift, it includes 1-time name change ability afaik
Granger
Impledemented improperly i could see it being badly abused; perhaps gifting namechange TOKENS would be a better idea, which they can use to get a "free" namechange in the shop, so they can change their name themselfes.
DahplA

Granger wrote:

Impledemented improperly i could see it being badly abused; perhaps gifting namechange TOKENS would be a better idea, which they can use to get a "free" namechange in the shop, so they can change their name themselfes.
I like the Token thing. You know, as oppose to having my name randomly change one day...
Bara-
Tokens are best option, mostly due to the increasing price of a namechange
Topic Starter
SuperBerries

Granger wrote:

So, the more times you have a namechange, the more tokens it would require?
Granger
I did not know that the namechanges increase in prices... this complicates things a bit...

Perhaps its better then to gift osu store money to people, rather than products or tokens.
Topic Starter
SuperBerries
What if, depending on the recovers amount of name changes, the grifters price changes?
abraker
I suppose I should expect a request for osu! gift cards any time now.
Topic Starter
SuperBerries
Gift cards would a neat thing to add to use.
xasuma
and... bump. I want this
Edgar_Figaro
I personally think Osu Giftcard makes more sense than gifting a name change. Like what if person never wants to actually change their name? (I still have my 1 time free name change I've never touched from supporter) People could use the giftcard for namechange, store items, or supporter time.
Vulkin
Tokens with increasing value per player could help better imo