forum

[resolved] Universal offset doesn't work.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
itzpigeon
Problem Details:

Today I opened up osu to find that my universal offset did not affect any song the way it has before. No matter what i change my offset to, the game audio on every song is extremely delayed. Not only is the music delayed, but my hitsounds and starting 3,2,1 Go sounds are all delayed. I will hit the note and then hear a hitsound about half a second after i hit the note. I have tried changing the offset to many different numbers and it does not change anything. I have tried restarting osu and even changing between different builds of the game but to no avail. Any idea why I would only now be getting this issue after having no problems with my offset for months?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160403.6
Dntm8kmeeatu
Offset will not help this.

It sounds like your audio device has delay, are you using the same audio device you normally do? is it blutooth? Try unplugging it and plugging it back in or restarting your computer. It's weird to have an audio device randomly create delay.

Also, are all programs / sounds delayed or ONLY osu! for 100% certain.
Topic Starter
itzpigeon

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Offset will not help this.

It sounds like your audio device has delay, are you using the same audio device you normally do? is it blutooth? Try unplugging it and plugging it back in or restarting your computer. It's weird to have an audio device randomly create delay.

Also, are all programs / sounds delayed or ONLY osu! for 100% certain.
I am 100% certain it is just osu! I have tried unplugging my headset, which I have used ever since I started playing osu! and I have also tried restarting my computer. Neither of these have helped.
Topic Starter
itzpigeon
Another weird thing I notice is that the hitsounds and offset is fine when I go to test a skin's gameplay in the options. But when I go to actually play that song, the problem returns.
Topic Starter
itzpigeon
[quote="Dntm8kmeeatu"]Offset will not help this.

Also, are all programs / sounds delayed or ONLY osu! for 100% certain.[/quote
I am livestreaming this at https://www.twitch.tv/itzpigeon if you want to see the issue in real time.
Topic Starter
itzpigeon
I guess I should rephrase the issue. All notes are appearing much much faster than the music, but the hitsounds are being played after the notes disappear.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Razer Strikes again