forum

CtB: Help with skinning on banana color?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shiwahime
So I have made the banana into a triangle and made it pink, and i made the banana overlay as transparent, but it makes the banana orange and not pink.. I could not find a reason to this happening but maybe you guys can help me :D
Lyawi
The orange colour is adjusted by default. You can't change that.
h3oCharles
pretty much what Lyawi said, but you can make the banana itself be an overlay (fruit-bananas-overlay), then it won't be colored. The beam coming from catcher's plate when grabbing bananas can't be changed
irrlux
Making pink bananas using the approach you mentioned is not possible. A quick explanation:

The fruit-bananas texture will be colored by the game itself, using color multiplication (just like hitcricles in std).
That could work as follows (I don't know the exact algorithm osu! is using, but this should be the most common and behave analogical):

displayed color = texture color * banana color

For the classical RGB color model, this translates into:

displayed color[red] = (texture color[red] * banana color[red]) / 255
displayed color[green] = (texture color[green] * banana color[green]) / 255
displayed color[blue] = (texture color[blue] * banana color[blue]) / 255

Now I'll do that for your files, assuming the average osu! banana color (250, 230, 20) and the color of your texture (240, 115, 190):

displayed color[red] = (240 * 250) / 255 = ~235
displayed color[green] = (230 * 115) / 255 = ~104
displayed color[blue] = (20 * 190) / 255 = ~15

So the result is the color (235, 104, 15) - which is pretty much orange.
=> Because of the blue color component of the osu! banana color, you will not be able to get a pink banana. THIS WAY

However, the overlay will not be colored - you can simply swap fruit-bananas and fruit-bananas-overlay to get the look you desired.
Topic Starter
Shiwahime
Oh alright thank you guys c: ♥