forum

[Archived] Screen flickering, fps drop after update.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Natsuzjehh
Problem Details:
So ive updated my osu client to the latest version and now I experience screen flickering and fps drops (just milliseconds but its annoying)
Compatibility mode seems to solve the flickering but the fps drop is still a big problem :/
Never had any problems with osu.

Specs:
Win7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Sempron 2800+ 1,61 GHz (currently running at 1,92GHz)
Gigabyte HD4670 1GB 128Bit AGP8x
2GB DDR1

Also I cant install the latest VGA drivers because only the 8.4 works for me :/
All software (DirectX, VC, Framework) updated to latest version!

Thanks for your time :)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160403.4
Fex
Do you run Osu! on DirectX or OpenGL
Dntm8kmeeatu
Is running 2gb of DDR1 Memory on 64 bit Windows even possible? There should be absolutely zero free memory to do anything.
Topic Starter
Natsuzjehh

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Is running 2gb of DDR1 Memory on 64 bit Windows even possible? There should be absolutely zero free memory to do anything.
Yes, and its better than 32bit

Ive switched to fallback version and now its stable :D

Fex wrote:

Do you run Osu! on DirectX or OpenGL
Im running on DX
Dntm8kmeeatu
Well, the new versions of osu! don't support DirectX they run on OpenGL so thats prob it.

Yes 64 bit is better. But it requires much more memory to run. I don't know how your computer even turns on.
Topic Starter
Natsuzjehh

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Well, the new versions of osu! don't support DirectX they run on OpenGL so thats prob it.

Yes 64 bit is better. But it requires much more memory to run. I don't know how your computer even turns on.
The system itself and CCC only used up 22-32% memory :D even had the power to run DmC, MW2, Skyrim or anything that required less than 1Gb VRAM 4Gb Ram or an i3 cpu (ofc it was a low cpu from 2004 so I had the lags everywhere)

Hope I'm not too late, its been only 10 months... :D
Bara-
Have you tried compatibility mode?
Also, don't worry about reviving an old thread, since it's yours. You can ask a GMT (green name) to bring back the issue so more people will help you
Kao
I don't think it would be possible unless you run on fallback

But you can try to free more RAM.
  1. For example, disable Windows Update
    1. Open task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
    2. Go to services and find "wuaserv"
    3. Double click it to open properties, and change starttype to "Disabled" and press OK
    4. Right click and stop it
  2. Run on a much smaller Resolution
  3. I would say Fallback isn't recommended, but since your PC has so little ram, you'll have to use Fallback.
  4. Always check background processes you're not using and close them
  5. Run in fullscreen
Topic Starter
Natsuzjehh

Kao wrote:

I don't think it would be possible unless you run on fallback

But you can try to free more RAM.
  1. For example, disable Windows Update
    1. Open task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
    2. Go to services and find "wuaserv"
    3. Double click it to open properties, and change starttype to "Disabled" and press OK
    4. Right click and stop it
  2. Run on a much smaller Resolution
  3. I would say Fallback isn't recommended, but since your PC has so little ram, you'll have to use Fallback.
  4. Always check background processes you're not using and close them
  5. Run in fullscreen
Lol resurrection. Just noticed you wrote... btw the problem solved itself after 1-2 days somehow... as for the ram if i remember right i had like 18-25% ram usage when it was idle... osu ran with 240-300fps, now im better off with 2x4Gb :D