This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
None
Rhythm Rookie
3 posts
Currently, the only way to play with 4 keys (without remapping keys, which could be argued as cheating)
is to use 2 keys on a keyboard and 2 keys on a mouse (or a similarly odd setup).

When playing like this, there can be situations where you have to have a certain key unpressed for another key to register,
and tablet players cannot necessarily make proper use of this type of 4-key playing (although only few players are interesteed).

I myself would like to play (ranked plays) with 4 keys on the keyboard, both for better streams and for reduced risk of RSI.
i have already played around with macros for mcosu/unranked osu! maps, where i remapped z, x, c and v to LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB.
(although actually slightly differently to that to make sure every keypress registered)

i trained with this for ~100h across a year or so and my hands haven't hurt on any occasion, and have rarely gotten even slightly tired. Even on semi-long sessions of 5*+ maps, despite having so little training and my hands somewhat easily hurting with 2-key alternating on 5*+ maps. Furthermore my accuracy, escpecially on faster streams, improved. My 2-key alternating also improved during this, but i still prefer 4-key alternating.
Rhythm Incarnate
3,080 posts
No. osu! Is made for 2 keys.

Duplicate [invalid]: t/97033
Last edited by Sandy Hoey on , edited 1 time in total.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,209 posts
gg mazzerin maps
Beat Clicker
57 posts
even when you map another key to mouse1, if you push k1 and then your binded key/mouse1 it'll cancel k1 and click m1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNbTs1a ... e=youtu.be
Global Moderator
5,710 posts
osu! is intended to be played using two keys only.
Git gud, scrub.
Rhythm Rookie
3 posts
i can see that it is not seen as ok FeelsBadMan
Reply 6 posts