forum

Numtack05 - kimi no hitomi ni / sayonara! (ED ver)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Noffy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 11:59:12 PM

Artist: Numtack05
Title: kimi no hitomi ni / sayonara! (ED ver)
Tags: Arphimigon プーチンP Putin-P PutinP Vocaloid series しうか shiuka In your Eyes Farewell! Goodbye! Russia Japan Shibuya Weed Sad emotional love song Vocaloid Part Four 4 Finale Kagamine Rin Len 鏡音レン 鏡音リン Hatsune Miku 初音ミク animated video real footage marathon
BPM: 188.5
Filesize: 32617kb
Play Time: 07:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. always ~Arphi's Marathon~ (2.69 stars, 776 notes)
  2. always ~Intense Marathon~ (4.06 stars, 1181 notes)
Download: Numtack05 - kimi no hitomi ni / sayonara! (ED ver)
Download: Numtack05 - kimi no hitomi ni / sayonara! (ED ver) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Always, always special.
The final song(s) in part 4 of the Putin-P Vocaloid series

Arphi's Marathon by Arphimigon
Intense Marathon by Noffy

Gorgeous PV! HD official youtube upload! | English subbed!

Check out L3NNY's Extra here!

Starred and bubbled by - Kurai
Qualified by - jonathanlfj

This track has been licensed for use in osu! as part of the FA program.

metadata box
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1JcjRRJMEo&t=6m2s
first song's title/romanisation is from the title of the youtube video, the second song's name is in the video itself at the timestamp given.
I chose to romanise the japanese in the second song's title as all lowercase to stay consistent with the first song's title

blog post of the author linking to the youtube upload, proving that this is an official youtube upload and not a reprint:
http://numtack05.blog10.fc2.com/blog-entry-223.html
official upload to nicovideo, which links to the blog in its description, proving that the blog is the official Numtack05 blog:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19643759

uhh...
I asked IamKwaN about it and she said this should be fine!! and to talk about it if there's a disagreement.. but then she retired.. idk anymore
Celektus
[Overall]

1. The new standard for BG size is 1920x1080px so you might wanna get some more high res pictures or up scale your current ones.
  2. "doesnt exist.jpg" I assume isn't used so you might wanna remove it?!?
  3. 100% Volume for hitsounds is way too loud something like 50%-60% seems more reasonable for the fist section for example. Change them however you think they should be compared to my example for the first green line
[always ~Arphi's Hard~]
  1. I'm a bit concerned with how you handle stacks when referring to this Guideline

osu! Ranking Criteria wrote:

1. Avoid visually similar 1/2 and 1/1 spacing. Spacing variation through jumps on points of emphasis are encouraged, but only if these jumps are recognizably different from 1/1 gaps.
    as you 1/1 spacing later on 00:49:379 (2,3,4) - is really similar to your 1/2 spacing 00:13:411 (2,3,4) - since you either stack or space out 1/2 it might be a bit harder for players of this level to read different rhythms. I would say it's kinda fine as your rhythms is overall a bit more diverse in the song and you seem to be consistent about how you handle them, but maybe you wanna make the 1/2 stacks still look different from the 1/1 stacks.
  2. I think you should map this Snare here 00:18:663 - since you until now mapped every single one.
  3. In my opinion you should map the Kick here with a slider end 00:53:517 - since you skip it right now I don't really get why. This repeats like here 01:13:888 - sometimes in other patterns 01:16:435 - pls find alternatives which make them mapped as it also seems really weird with how strong your Hitsounds emphasize them.

4. You skip a Crash Cymbal here 01:18:981 - I think you should map that actively as it's quite important and add a finish hitsound on it.
  5. why do you end the Break Time here earlier? 00:46:992 - might be a mistake so I'll just point it out, if it's not then it should be fine tbh.
  6. osu! Ranking Criteria wrote:

1. Reverse arrows on sliders must not be completely visually obstructed by other hit objects with the default or beatmap-specific skin. Covering up reverse arrows on sliders can result in sliders being ambiguous to read.
    01:21:368 (1,3) - 03:42:535 (3,5) -
  7. I don't think it's a good idea to use extended sliders 7 mins into the song especially since there weren't even any 1/4 rhythms at all 06:58:046 (4,6) - If you plan on actually adding more of them in the entire map, make the ends 5% volume... but tbh please just make them not extended.

[always ~Intense Marathon~]

1. I would consider making your spacing into 1/4 a bit smaller as 1/4 itself is slightly more straining than 1/2 *example* 00:17:231 (2,3) -
  2. If you can maybe make these not overlap 00:31:076 (2,3,5) - it's more of a visual suggestion tho.
  3. I'm not sure if you just use bigger spacing to differentiate between 1/2 and 1/1, but If you still use some spacing emphasis based on intensity maybe make this one bigger 00:32:827 (7,1) - than these 00:32:191 (5,6,7) - because of the stronger Cymbal sound and tick.
  4. not sure if this is supposed to be a blanket, but I can't tell what it is blanketing 00:38:238 (1) - for example this and this seems both off.
  5. I'm not sure if it's not a bit confusing that these slightly overlap like your 1/4 00:40:785 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - consider spacing them ever so slightly apart. Seems like you could just scale the whole pattern if that helps I tested it. This repeats so maybe apply it all the time. Except for here 03:19:935 (7,8) - here it's 100% fine
  6. If I'm not mistake this is the first 1/1 stack... or stack at all in the map so far 00:50:652 (6,1) - I think that's a bit inconsistent and kinda break expectations about your spacing concept a lot imo. It seems to be the only stack in a very long time so consider just spacing it out like the other 1/1 jumps
  7. blanket could be better 05:57:195 (2,1) - yes blanket mod

gl with the set
Topic Starter
Noffy

Celektus wrote:

[Overall]

1. The new standard for BG size is 1920x1080px so you might wanna get some more high res pictures or up scale your current ones. [color=blue]Tbh i'm so close to the filesize limit I may not be able to do this ovo; i'll try
    edit: nope... oh well, it doesn't make too big off a visual difference anywaayys.. ;_;[/color]
  2. "doesnt exist.jpg" I assume isn't used so you might wanna remove it?!? it's called that because it's never visible, but is used in a very basic storyboard so that someone playing with video on can watch to the end (osu would just end it too soon after the final note otherwise).
  3. 100% Volume for hitsounds is way too loud something like 50%-60% seems more reasonable for the fist section for example. Change them however you think they should be compared to my example for the first green line will fix this soontm!

1. I would consider making your spacing into 1/4 a bit smaller as 1/4 itself is slightly more straining than 1/2 *example* 00:17:231 (2,3) - changed the spacing for all of the 1/4s in the first song to be a bit smaller.
  2. If you can maybe make these not overlap 00:31:076 (2,3,5) - it's more of a visual suggestion tho. the majority of the combos in this section have at least a little bit of overlap somewhere, so I think changing it may be a bit unfitting. No change.
  3. I'm not sure if you just use bigger spacing to differentiate between 1/2 and 1/1, but If you still use some spacing emphasis based on intensity maybe make this one bigger 00:32:827 (7,1) - than these 00:32:191 (5,6,7) - because of the stronger Cymbal sound and tick. I'll consider it if I remap this to include actual jumps and stuff but for now.. distance snap! (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و
  4. not sure if this is supposed to be a blanket, but I can't tell what it is blanketing 00:38:238 (1) - for example this and this seems both off. The curve is a bit exaggerated because I think that makes it look nicer, but fixed it so that at least the ends match up properly to 00:38:715 (2) - 's approach circle.
  5. I'm not sure if it's not a bit confusing that these slightly overlap like your 1/4 00:40:785 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - consider spacing them ever so slightly apart. Seems like you could just scale the whole pattern if that helps I tested it. This repeats so maybe apply it all the time. Except for here 03:19:935 (7,8) - here it's 100% fine Since I decreased the spacing on the 1/4s as you suggested, they no longer look alike, so I think this point was fixed by that already.
  6. If I'm not mistake this is the first 1/1 stack... or stack at all in the map so far 00:50:652 (6,1) - I think that's a bit inconsistent and kinda break expectations about your spacing concept a lot imo. It seems to be the only stack in a very long time so consider just spacing it out like the other 1/1 jumps I'll definitely think about this one some more, but I had wanted it stacked to further emphasize just how drastically calm the song has become compared to the start.
  7. blanket could be better 05:57:195 (2,1) - yes blanket mod oh drat, the position of 05:57:833 (3) - was a bit off which made the blanket look (more) off than it was. Fixed.

gl with the set thank you so much c:
Celektus
I re replied cause I like to clear up possible misconceptions or make my intentions clearer.

Noffy wrote:

Celektus wrote:

[Overall]

1. The new standard for BG size is 1920x1080px so you might wanna get some more high res pictures or up scale your current ones. Tbh i'm so close to the filesize limit I may not be able to do this ovo; i'll try
    edit: nope... oh well, it doesn't make too big off a visual difference anywaayys.. ;_;

compress the picture lol

1. I'm not sure if it's not a bit confusing that these slightly overlap like your 1/4 00:40:785 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - consider spacing them ever so slightly apart. Seems like you could just scale the whole pattern if that helps I tested it. This repeats so maybe apply it all the time. Except for here 03:19:935 (7,8) - here it's 100% fine Since I decreased the spacing on the 1/4s as you suggested, they no longer look alike, so I think this point was fixed by that already.

"I would consider making your spacing into 1/4 a bit smaller as 1/4 itself is slightly more straining than 1/2 *example* 00:17:231 (2,3) - "

was what I said, not 1/4 spacing itself. Visual difference between different rhythms should be more important to a degree I just wanted to point out that jumps into 1/4 from 1/2 or slower are usually more straining... out of 1/4 into slower rhythm is not as straining btw.

2. If I'm not mistake this is the first 1/1 stack... or stack at all in the map so far 00:50:652 (6,1) - I think that's a bit inconsistent and kinda break expectations about your spacing concept a lot imo. It seems to be the only stack in a very long time so consider just spacing it out like the other 1/1 jumps I'll definitely think about this one some more, but I had wanted it stacked to further emphasize just how drastically calm the song has become compared to the start.

I think since you already have a concept which makes 1/1 and 1/2 visually "similar" that you only need to either introduce it earlier or have a more easily identifiable logic to them. I'm fine with your decision, but making my priorities clear seemed like a good idea

Topic Starter
Noffy

Celektus wrote:

I re replied cause I like to clear up possible misconceptions or make my intentions clearer. thank you, I really appreciate when modders such as yourself do that /w\

Celektus wrote:

[Overall]

1. The new standard for BG size is 1920x1080px so you might wanna get some more high res pictures or up scale your current ones. [color=blue]Tbh i'm so close to the filesize limit I may not be able to do this ovo; i'll try
    edit: nope... oh well, it doesn't make too big off a visual difference anywaayys.. ;_;[/color]

compress the picture lol

I'll try again >_<

1. I'm not sure if it's not a bit confusing that these slightly overlap like your 1/4 00:40:785 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - consider spacing them ever so slightly apart. Seems like you could just scale the whole pattern if that helps I tested it. This repeats so maybe apply it all the time. Except for here 03:19:935 (7,8) - here it's 100% fine Since I decreased the spacing on the 1/4s as you suggested, they no longer look alike, so I think this point was fixed by that already.

[color=#8000FF]"I would consider making your spacing into 1/4 a bit smaller as 1/4 itself is slightly more straining than 1/2 *example* 00:17:231 (2,3) - "

was what I said, not 1/4 spacing itself. Visual difference between different rhythms should be more important to a degree I just wanted to point out that jumps into 1/4 from 1/2 or slower are usually more straining... out of 1/4 into slower rhythm is not as straining btw.[/color]

[color=blue]oh snap i completely misread somehow and thought the timestamp was for comparing the easier 1/2 to the right-after 1/4 spacing I'm dumb thank you for clarification. Though, I still do think decreasing the spacing in the 1/4 itself that I ended up doing made it a whole lot less strenuous and helped to address both problems. This is something I'll definitely keep in mind for the future o:
    [/color]
  2. If I'm not mistake this is the first 1/1 stack... or stack at all in the map so far 00:50:652 (6,1) - I think that's a bit inconsistent and kinda break expectations about your spacing concept a lot imo. It seems to be the only stack in a very long time so consider just spacing it out like the other 1/1 jumps I'll definitely think about this one some more, but I had wanted it stacked to further emphasize just how drastically calm the song has become compared to the start.

I think since you already have a concept which makes 1/1 and 1/2 visually "similar" that you only need to either introduce it earlier or have a more easily identifiable logic to them. I'm fine with your decision, but making my priorities clear seemed like a good idea

>:o I see. Changed these accordingly

thank god for arphimigon who wrote a program to change all the timing lines volume by the same amount so i didn't have to change over 100 one by one

note: his hitsounds wont be fixed until he gets the chance to respond to the rest
hooray~
Akitoshi
General
  1. consider to add silent sliderslide as calm parts became noisy from default soft sliderslide on 05:45:280 -
  2. what is this doesn't exist.jpg lol
always ~Arphi's Hard~
  1. 01:18:663 (1) - I aware that it's mapped by high pitch vocals but skipping a strong cymbals on 01:18:981 - isn't sounds good imo, maybe try to split the rhythm into 3 than sliding them down everything like this?
  2. 02:28:053 (2) - isn't should be 3 circles? Since you did in 01:47:310 (1,2,3) - so this wouldn't hurt the diff
  3. 04:12:774 (7) - maybe can add NC here safely as it's 3rd measure already
  4. 02:29:644 (1,1) - vs. 04:21:687 (1,1) - maybe same ds would better here
always ~Intense Marathon~
  1. 01:18:663 (1) - consider to trim this to 1/1 slider instead as you're skipping strong cymbals on 01:18:981 -
  2. 03:10:546 (4,5,6) - try circular flow instead of squares to gives more emphasis on the next cymbals 03:11:024 (1) -
  3. 04:32:191 (5) - just a minor thing but move this to 370|232 for equilateral square
  4. 05:10:069 (7) - i would unstack this for the sake of cymbals intensity
  5. 06:05:068 - 06:10:387 - you can place somewhat similar with 06:15:280 (1) - (but slower ofc)
well mapped, i can't find anything orz
goodluck~
Affirmation
!

Q

[always intense marathon]
00:13:888 (1,2) - I suggest you making simillar slider.
00:28:053 (1,2,3) - and this can be triangle pattern
00:31:076 (2,3,5) - overlap looks not so good
01:17:708 - where is beat
03:10:546 (4,5,6,1) - how about set square?
06:36:344 (1,2) - weird stack?
GL
Topic Starter
Noffy

Akitoshi wrote:

General
  1. consider to add silent sliderslide as calm parts became noisy from default soft sliderslide on 05:45:280 - I'll consider/try to do so! (probably after arphimigon applies things for his diff so i can just fix the hitsounds on both for this suggestion at once)
  2. what is this doesn't exist.jpg lol Yellow square of magical properties c:...
  1. 01:18:663 (1) - consider to trim this to 1/1 slider instead as you're skipping strong cymbals on 01:18:981 - I agree it's pretty awkward to skip but ending it early and breaking the slider/vocal pattern is pretty awkward too so I'm just ;;
  2. 03:10:546 (4,5,6) - try circular flow instead of squares to gives more emphasis on the next cymbals 03:11:024 (1) - mm, I couldn't figure out a good way to make it really circular per say but instead tried to figure out a different way to change it.
  3. 04:32:191 (5) - just a minor thing but move this to 370|232 for equilateral square o:! thanks for the exact coordinates, fixed~
  4. 05:10:069 (7) - i would unstack this for the sake of cymbals intensity moved it under 05:09:432 (5) - so that there's still a visual stack but with the added movement for cymbal intensity!
  5. 06:05:068 - 06:10:387 - you can place somewhat similar with 06:15:280 (1) - (but slower ofc) !!! good idea, added similar sliders to each of the gunshots in this section
well mapped, i can't find anything orz I'm taking this as an ultra good thing \o/~
goodluck~ thanks!

Neoskylove wrote:

! !

Q hallo

[always intense marathon]
00:13:888 (1,2) - I suggest you making simillar slider. changed 1 to be the same shape as 2~
00:28:053 (1,2,3) - and this can be triangle pattern I'm not sure how o_o;
00:31:076 (2,3,5) - overlap looks not so good in my opinion it fits into the map overall pretty swell
01:17:708 - where is beat gone
03:10:546 (4,5,6,1) - how about set square? changed a different way so it doesn't look like a broken square now
06:36:344 (1,2) - weird stack? I agree but also think it starts the drastically different new section pretty well.
GL TY
Arphimigon

Celektus wrote:

[always ~Arphi's Hard~]
  1. I'm a bit concerned with how you handle stacks when referring to this Guideline

osu! Ranking Criteria wrote:

1. Avoid visually similar 1/2 and 1/1 spacing. Spacing variation through jumps on points of emphasis are encouraged, but only if these jumps are recognizably different from 1/1 gaps.
    as you 1/1 spacing later on 00:49:379 (2,3,4) - is really similar to your 1/2 spacing 00:13:411 (2,3,4) - since you either stack or space out 1/2 it might be a bit harder for players of this level to read different rhythms. I would say it's kinda fine as your rhythms is overall a bit more diverse in the song and you seem to be consistent about how you handle them, but maybe you wanna make the 1/2 stacks still look different from the 1/1 stacks.

Yes uh, I went ahead and changed the difficulty name to clear this up but this isn't meant to be a hard, it may seem like a normal, hard or even insane at times, it is simply a map with incorporates my feelings and not designed towards a specific playerbase of that sort. Sorry for that confusion!
  2. I think you should map this Snare here 00:18:663 - since you until now mapped every single one. I didn't even REALISE that snare existed,
    I've been focussed on another instrument this entire time. I can't simply add this in, it'd be too many clicks in a row, if I were to implement I'd need to think more about how to fit it in.

3. In my opinion you should map the Kick here with a slider end 00:53:517 - since you skip it right now I don't really get why. This repeats like here 01:13:888 - sometimes in other patterns 01:16:435 - pls find alternatives which make them mapped as it also seems really weird with how strong your Hitsounds emphasize them.
    Oh I didn't hitsound this so of course it wouldn't seem right WILL NEED TO DISCUSS WITH MASTER NOFFY
  4. why do you end the Break Time here earlier? 00:46:992 - might be a mistake so I'll just point it out, if it's not then it should be fine tbh. It should've been slightly later, would've made sense if I ended it at THE RIGHT TIME
  5. osu! Ranking Criteria wrote:

1. Reverse arrows on sliders must not be completely visually obstructed by other hit objects with the default or beatmap-specific skin. Covering up reverse arrows on sliders can result in sliders being ambiguous to read.
    01:21:368 (1,3) - 03:42:535 (3,5) - I don't see the problem even with that statement, you're playing it too safe yo!
  6. I don't think it's a good idea to use extended sliders 7 mins into the song especially since there weren't even any 1/4 rhythms at all 06:58:046 (4,6) - If you plan on actually adding more of them in the entire map, make the ends 5% volume... but tbh please just make them not extended.
It's a completely different song with it's own 2 min buildup, the start of which had very long sliders, and the sounds at the end are important so 5% would sound off

Akitoshi wrote:

General
  1. consider to add silent sliderslide as calm parts became noisy from default soft sliderslide on 05:45:280 -
  2. what is this doesn't exist.jpg lol
always ~Arphi's Hard~
  1. 01:18:663 (1) - I aware that it's mapped by high pitch vocals but skipping a strong cymbals on 01:18:981 - isn't sounds good imo, maybe try to split the rhythm into 3 than sliding them down everything like this?

Tooooo manyyyyyy HITSSSSSSSS
  2. 02:28:053 (2) - isn't should be 3 circles? Since you did in 01:47:310 (1,2,3) - so this wouldn't hurt the diff CORRECTO AND DONE
  3. 04:12:774 (7) - maybe can add NC here safely as it's 3rd measure already I really like how the same colour makes this entire pattern stand out and seem like it is a special one, which it should do to me
  4. 02:29:644 (1,1) - vs. 04:21:687 (1,1) - maybe same ds would better here Good point, I think that was actually a bug on my end or a derp THANK
THANK
Celektus
@Arphimigon

Not obscuring reverse arrows is a rule not a guideline btw

Arphimigon wrote:

Celektus wrote:

[always ~Arphi's Hard~]
  1. I don't think it's a good idea to use extended sliders 7 mins into the song especially since there weren't even any 1/4 rhythms at all 06:58:046 (4,6) - If you plan on actually adding more of them in the entire map, make the ends 5% volume... but tbh please just make them not extended.
It's a completely different song with it's own 2 min buildup, the start of which had very long sliders, and the sounds at the end are important so 5% would sound off
even if it's a different song it's still the same map and you can definitely map it without those. It's just Inconsistent and a unnecessary difficulty spike. Most multi song marathons would get criticised for that as players just don't expect a change like this after 7 minutes.
Arphimigon
Firstly, it's really not a difficulty spike, I don't see how it increases difficulty.
Nextly, it's not sudden. There are lots of long, held sliders even in the first song, and when the second one starts, there are some right at the start, and they are relatively slow so they aren't hard to notice.
I don't really get your concern.

(Is nextly a word? Apparently not, oh well!)
Celektus
That's fine then I guess I'll move on sorry if this seemed unnecessary, but I thought providing a different explanation would help.
LwL
Hi from my q

1. 01:02:111 (4,5) - I think making (4) a repeat slider and (5) a regular 1/2 slider would fit better with the loud perc sound on 01:03:066
  2. 01:30:599 (5,6) - make these sliders? As it is it creates a pretty confusing rhythm since the vocals you're mapping are on different ticks than the drums, and said drums are pretty loud.
  3. 01:35:692 (5,6) - ^
  4. 01:48:424 - related, there are vocals here and previously you've prioritized them, so make 01:48:265 (5) - a slider in order to not suddenly ignore them?

couldn't find anything else, GL~
Topic Starter
Noffy

LwL wrote:

Hi from my q hihi

1. 01:02:111 (4,5) - I think making (4) a repeat slider and (5) a regular 1/2 slider would fit better with the loud perc sound on 01:03:066 changed a bit in a different wayyo
  2. 01:30:599 (5,6) - make these sliders? As it is it creates a pretty confusing rhythm since the vocals you're mapping are on different ticks than the drums, and said drums are pretty loud.
  3. 01:35:692 (5,6) - ^ I agree that skipping over the drums is pretty odd, and I had tried using 1/2 sliders for these two bits previously. However, it felt overcrowded for how relatively slow the song here is. >:
  4. 01:48:424 - related, there are vocals here and previously you've prioritized them, so make 01:48:265 (5) - a slider in order to not suddenly ignore them? oh snap, i didn't notice since 01:47:947 (4,5) - is a transition between na- and i- syllables and orz. changed as suggested.

couldn't find anything else, GL~ thankyaa~
Yahuri
from my q

00:15:958 (3,4,5) - this doesnt appear to be a straight line to me, would look better if it did imo
00:55:108 (3,4,5) - ^
01:09:432 (2,3,4) -
00:25:983 (2,3) - fix blanket
00:31:554 (3,5) - dont like this overlap, you can stack 5 on 2 instead
00:53:676 (6) - i dont hear anything here, delete this circle
01:16:116 (5,6) - nearly 90 degree flow change looks weird
00:55:745 (5,6) - would look better if you move 6 so that the head and tail of 6 are the same distance away from the tail of 5
01:22:801 (4,5,6,7) - why back and forth pattern here?

finish later i gtg xd
Topic Starter
Noffy

Yahuri wrote:

from my q haai

00:15:958 (3,4,5) - this doesnt appear to be a straight line to me, would look better if it did imo fixeds
00:55:108 (3,4,5) - ^ ended up changing this area significantly when applying a later point
01:09:432 (2,3,4) - fixed
00:25:983 (2,3) - fix blanket hopefully is more snuggly now
00:31:554 (3,5) - dont like this overlap, you can stack 5 on 2 instead oh hey this is a great idea as it still has the feeling and look I wanted. changed as suggested!
00:53:676 (6) - i dont hear anything here, delete this circle I hear a vocal here, similar to 01:14:047 (6) -
01:16:116 (5,6) - nearly 90 degree flow change looks weird looks weird but I think it feels great (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و
00:55:745 (5,6) - would look better if you move 6 so that the head and tail of 6 are the same distance away from the tail of 5 changed to be like 00:57:018 (1,2) - and then some.
01:22:801 (4,5,6,7) - why back and forth pattern here? one of the general concepts of these early sections is the objects taking up very little space. This is to go with how the song is fairly "empty" at this part. Hence, a lot of sliderhead stacks or patterns that go around inside of themselves. Hence, this idea is taken to its extreme, the back and forth, just before the section does the build up into the next one.

finish later i gtg xd ok i'll just edit my post when you do or somethin' o/. thanks so far!
Mazziv
hi arphi
[7 Minutes of Arphi]
arphi is gay
00:10:228 (1) - nc or rape
03:42:535 (3,5) - stack u nugget
05:20:573 (1) - ensi
wtf 20second pause
05:59:323 (1) - this is illegal in some countries
06:00:599 (1,6) - stack or delet this
06:52:302 (2,4) - arphi pls

nice meme arphi didnt expect less tbh

[7 Minutes of Noffy]
arphi still gay
00:02:588 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this may look right in terms of spacing according to ds but visually it looks meh maybe you should make a pattern for spacing like stack notes that are 1/1 away and space notes that are only 1/2 jumps so the player gets a feeling for spacing and not space them all
00:07:681 (1) - move this to x255 y119 to have a symmetryic pattern with 00:08:000 (2,3,4) - ?
but again i suggest you a certain pattern for 1/1 spacing and 1/2 spacing. just making a bit bigger spacing for 1/2 than for 1/1 is imo not really emphaszing well
00:32:031 (4,1) - stack?
i still dont know why putin is in this video
00:53:835 (7) - move this a bit to the left to have a symmetric triangle?
00:54:472 (1,2,3,4) - this seems a bit off in comparise to the rest
01:15:161 (2,3,4,5,6) - not symmetric
01:47:469 (2,3) - how are people able to tell this apart from any other jumps? the only thing that hints at it is the a bit smaller spacing which will be overseen easily due to everything is mostly equally spaced
01:56:222 (3,4,5) - why dont rotate slider 4 and 5 by 120/240 degree and integrate some patterns?
02:02:907 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - why b-f ?
03:21:209 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - uhm okay?
03:42:536 (1,2,3,4,5) - why dont c/p this pattern ? 03:43:809 -
04:00:997 (2,3,4,5) - not symmetric
04:02:589 (3,4,5,6) - same here
04:44:922 (6,2) - stack?
05:56:770 - make this a 1/1 reverse slider so you emphasize the vocals better
06:03:578 (2,3,4,5,1) - symmetry pls
07:17:195 - a spinner would be fitting here to emphasiz the fadeout.

this diff lacks in structure and patterns,it felt like you led the ds function tell you how to map certain stuff. What were your thoughts while mapping the kiai? Does it standout in comparise to the other parts? You used big spacing like everywhere else. Maybe you should cut the idea of having very big spacing and choose a bit harder rhythms instead. anyway good luck with the set!
Arphimigon

Mazziv wrote:

hi arphi
[7 Minutes of Arphi]
arphi is gay I can see all
00:10:228 (1) - nc or rape That makes no sense USE YOUR EYES BAKA jk no hate
03:42:535 (3,5) - stack u nugget And a DONE
06:00:599 (1,6) - stack or delet this they ARE
06:52:302 (2,4) - arphi pls LOL
Topic Starter
Noffy

Mazziv wrote:

[7 Minutes of Noffy]
^ i like this diffname
arphi still gay
00:02:588 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this may look right in terms of spacing according to ds but visually it looks meh maybe you should make a pattern for spacing like stack notes that are 1/1 away and space notes that are only 1/2 jumps so the player gets a feeling for spacing and not space them all it looking right for this pattern was, honestly, an afterthought. It's based off of how it's supposed to feel. 1->2, then go back, 4->5, then go back. etc. I think having stacks like that would completely wreak havoc upon the feeling it is going for.
00:07:681 (1) - move this to x255 y119 to have a symmetryic pattern with 00:08:000 (2,3,4) - ? I tried to tidy up the current pattern in a different way, though this is a really cool design idea!
but again i suggest you a certain pattern for 1/1 spacing and 1/2 spacing. just making a bit bigger spacing for 1/2 than for 1/1 is imo not really emphaszing well
00:32:031 (4,1) - stack? ehh.. they're not really visible at the same time though.
i still dont know why putin is in this video it's part of a song series which involves vocaloids rin and len and their past lives in russia, with rin in her present life being a "putin otaku". Includes conspiracies, tragedy, and more!
00:53:835 (7) - move this a bit to the left to have a symmetric triangle? fixed it to look less like a failed triangle instead
00:54:472 (1,2,3,4) - this seems a bit off in comparise to the rest I'm not sure how you mean ><
01:15:161 (2,3,4,5,6) - not symmetric fixed I think
01:47:469 (2,3) - how are people able to tell this apart from any other jumps? the only thing that hints at it is the a bit smaller spacing which will be overseen easily due to everything is mostly equally spaced because it's preceded by the sliders speeding up significantly when the guitar grows in dissonance and the song in intensity.
01:56:222 (3,4,5) - why dont rotate slider 4 and 5 by 120/240 degree and integrate some patterns? fixed to be more like 01:51:130 (5,6,1) - like it was originally meant to be
02:02:907 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - why b-f ? please see my response to 01:22:801 (4,5,6,7) - on yahuri's mod
03:21:209 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - uhm okay? i know it seems messy when selected all at once but when i made the up-down ones an even cone it felt a bit less natural to play so
03:42:536 (1,2,3,4,5) - why dont c/p this pattern ? 03:43:809 - that's what I originally did before adjusting it a bit because I wanted the two to both head left between the first two notes, making the patterns feel more similar when played while still looking alike
04:00:997 (2,3,4,5) - not symmetric aa it looks symmetrical to me, tried to fix a bit. i'm not sure if i succeeded.
04:02:589 (3,4,5,6) - same here same as above >< final resultu
04:44:922 (6,2) - stack? no, they're part of two seperate patterns and not really seen at the same time. ( 04:45:878 (2,3) - ended up fixing this blanket tho
05:56:770 - make this a 1/1 reverse slider so you emphasize the vocals better will keep in consideration, but it's currently done this way to emphasize the sfx. just like 05:59:323 (1) - , 06:01:876 (1) - .
06:03:578 (2,3,4,5,1) - symmetry pls adjusted (3,4,5) some
07:17:195 - a spinner would be fitting here to emphasiz the fadeout. I don't like using spinners for fadeouts, I personally think they should be reserved for WHOAH, INTENSITIYYY because I think that is when they are most exciting and rewarding to play.

this diff lacks in structure and patterns,it felt like you led the ds function tell you how to map certain stuff. What were your thoughts while mapping the kiai? Does it standout in comparise to the other parts? You used big spacing like everywhere else. Maybe you should cut the idea of having very big spacing and choose a bit harder rhythms instead. anyway good luck with the set!

why are your closing comments set to be a black color when the forums are already black text by default wha hahah

Thank you for your feedback! To respond to the rest...
The only place I could agree with lacking in structure and patterns would be the first few sections after the first break, I fucked up and have been trying to fix it orz. My thoughts when mapping the kiai was to take advantage of the constant spacing and contrast that with different patterns that grow visually close/far apart. Yes, I think it stands out a lot. It's true I used big spacing like everywhere else, but due to the increased sv, said big spacing is bigger than ever. I think it works pretty well with how intense the song gets here. I can't imagine where I'd make rhythms harder, they already follow the song fairly accurately, only way I could imagine is adding MOR CIRCLES.
Mazziv

Noffy wrote:

MOR CIRCLES.
basically what i was trying to say

arphi is cool

edit: not bad arphi but did you see the second one too?
Arphimigon
Yes I did actually :eyes:
Yahuri
part 2 no kds

01:28:530 (1,2,3,4,1) - dont like how this stream flows into 1 because it goes immediately backwards and then 1 flows in the original direction of the stream
01:29:008 (4,1) - or u could just fix the blanket here if u dont wanna fix ^
01:31:077 - could map the snare here by making this 01:30:917 (6) - 1/2 slider or something
01:46:992 (1,2,3,4,5) - theres plenty of 1/2 kickdrums you can map here to fill in the gaps :O
01:53:676 (4,5) - visual spacing is pretty close, u can space these out
02:21:687 (5,6) - could change this into circle + 1/2 slider to emphasize vocals
02:46:673 (4,1,2,3) - since this pattern is pretty much symmetrical u could change the angle of 3 so that it points directly at 1
03:07:045 (4,1,2,3) - ^
02:47:469 (3,4) - would look better if the sliders were horizontal flips of each other imo
03:01:474 (2,1,2) - considering the visual spacing of the rest of the kiai this looks too close
03:02:747 (4) - better if u put the NC here instead of here 03:01:952 (1) imo to emphasize the cymbal crash
04:54:789 (4) - ^
03:42:536 (1,2,3,4,5) - pattern looks like its placed randomly, try something with polygons
03:43:809 (1,2,3,4,5) - copypaste+rotate/flip of the above pattern would work well
03:54:313 (1,3,4,5,6,1) - could use hexgrid pattern here
04:07:841 (4,5,2) - iffy overlap
04:08:636 (2,3) - make 3 a straight slider angled the same way as 2 for better aesthetics
05:07:522 (6,7,8,9,1) - flow would be better if u vertically flipped 1 imo, but if u want to keep the flow leading out of 1 u should probably flip the rest of the combo too 05:08:159 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
05:11:978 (3) - there isnt any snare here, remove clap
05:21:846 (1) - cute
05:47:833 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - would be cool if u made the center of this pattern on the y-axis
05:57:195 (2,1) - fix blanket
06:47:195 (5,8) - ^
07:04:217 (4,4) - fix stack

good luck!
777 posts for 7 minute marathon xd
Topic Starter
Noffy

Yahuri wrote:

part 2 no kds kk~

01:28:530 (1,2,3,4,1) - dont like how this stream flows into 1 because it goes immediately backwards and then 1 flows in the original direction of the stream
01:29:008 (4,1) - or u could just fix the blanket here if u dont wanna fix ^ since it's the first spacing change where it's part of constant 1/2 i wanted it to be harsh in more ways than one, as having the slider straight out of the direction of the stream with the different spacing felt odd. + slider blanket won't be fixed, it's meant to be a bit ugly to fit with how like, grating the string sound is there. pe-owwww
01:31:077 - could map the snare here by making this 01:30:917 (6) - 1/2 slider or something the section is really, so relatively calm that having it filled up with 1/2 sliders or such feels really wrong, and like it's too much. 02:09:909 - this section on the other hand adds some more of exactly this in, as it leads into the chorus and is the second repetition so it can build on itself a bit, I think. ye.
01:46:992 (1,2,3,4,5) - theres plenty of 1/2 kickdrums you can map here to fill in the gaps :O ^
01:53:676 (4,5) - visual spacing is pretty close, u can space these out nnnn, spaced a bit more. i think. probably.
02:21:687 (5,6) - could change this into circle + 1/2 slider to emphasize vocals fixed to be like 02:15:003 (1) - this combo instead.
02:46:673 (4,1,2,3) - since this pattern is pretty much symmetrical u could change the angle of 3 so that it points directly at 1 yeah that's what I was trying//failed to do. fixed!
03:07:045 (4,1,2,3) - ^ also changed!
02:47:469 (3,4) - would look better if the sliders were horizontal flips of each other imo ok o:, done
03:01:474 (2,1,2) - considering the visual spacing of the rest of the kiai this looks too close figured out a way to increase visual spacing here \o/
03:02:747 (4) - better if u put the NC here instead of here 03:01:952 (1) imo to emphasize the cymbal crash
04:54:789 (4) - ^ while these worked fine in their isolated instances, when i tried to go through and add NCs to other similar finishes, it hecked combo lengths up quite a lot. and since the finishes aren't present as often as ncs would be, basing it off of that doesn't really work either. aa
03:42:536 (1,2,3,4,5) - pattern looks like its placed randomly, try something with polygons well, considering the map overall, polygons would be least appropriate here since having set shapes feels kind of stiff? and wouldn't be as great for a more calm/relaxed part.
03:43:809 (1,2,3,4,5) - copypaste+rotate/flip of the above pattern would work well I've adjusted this now to where (2,3,4) follow the same curve as the ones in the previous combo again.
03:54:313 (1,3,4,5,6,1) - could use hexgrid pattern here er, i've heard of but no idea how to actually.. make such a thing..
04:07:841 (4,5,2) - iffy overlap I tried to come up with a way to get rid of it and still have the "coming out of the middle" that was intended but , alas, no such solution was found...
04:08:636 (2,3) - make 3 a straight slider angled the same way as 2 for better aesthetics changed a different way cause I have no angled straight sliders so long in this section so that also looked odd aa
05:07:522 (6,7,8,9,1) - flow would be better if u vertically flipped 1 imo, but if u want to keep the flow leading out of 1 u should probably flip the rest of the combo too 05:08:159 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) but like i just had 3 1/1 sliders in that same direction and having a fourth would be geehh and it's so flat that it doesn't effect the flow too much coming out of 05:08:000 (9) - so no change ><
05:11:978 (3) - there isnt any snare here, remove clap changed to normal clap
05:21:846 (1) - cute ~hearts are best~
05:47:833 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - would be cool if u made the center of this pattern on the y-axis the symmetry in this song is centered slightly to the left as it has a really dramatic contrast right down the "middle" in the video. Putting them in the grid's center would look off in-game with video on >< see
05:57:195 (2,1) - fix blanket w h e r e ? oh shoot nevermind i was looking at the wrong two objects o h adjusted and fixed a bit.
06:47:195 (5,8) - ^ no change, it's currently curved the same as many of the 1/1 sliders in this section with its ends being the same distancce from (5) to still give off the blanketed effect
07:04:217 (4,4) - fix stack fixed!

good luck! big thanks, was a big help!! ^^
777 posts for 7 minute marathon xd hi i'm gonna save this to my images under records this is a good, congradulation on the god # of posts!
RikiH_
herro! m4m here
Sorry, I'm 24 hours later :/ I suck

1. Okay, this may sound rude but believe me I'm not xD I have a main concern for this diff...
    You consistently used the spacing correctly, and when you changed it, it was in a consistent way, which is perfectly fine!
    The problem is that the majority of pattern you used really feel disorganized, without a structure... here are some examples
    01:34:260 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Let's break this down:
    First, you have a slider, which is not symmetrical, and looks a bit messy. The slidertail points to the right, so the player expects to move to the right! Instead you placed the following note directly under the slider, so there's a weird 90° angle in the flow, which doesn't play smooth
    After this, see 01:34:896 (2,3,5) - These notes may constitute a triangle, but that's not perfect, so it doesn't look perfect and this has negative impact on the map's visual aspect. 01:35:692 (5,6,7) - The same happens here. If these two triangles were equilateral, this pattern would improve a lot! Also, there's this weird stack between 01:34:896 (2,6) - these two notes, which looks weird, even if it's not completely noticeable during playmode (the blanket between the note and the slider looks good by the way)
    Another example:
    01:36:806 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Here the first notes are arranged in... I can't tell. Maybe you wanted to create two triangles? But they don't look really good, so it's hard to understand. Maybe I was wrong and you just put these notes randomly? That's not so good either, since the pattern lacks of structure! You could for example create a hexagon here, or just 2 triangles, or whatever, it should just look more regular
    Also, the following slider (7) is placed under a note, but the stack is not perfect and this is pretty noticeable during playmode. Plus, you could have made a blanket between the note 6 and this slider, it would have made this pattern much better
    This is my main concern about this diff... I don't really want to point out all the patterns that look disorganized, or it would pretty much take a looong time. I think these 2 examples I pointed out can help you understand which patterns should be changed in a more visually appealing way... If you need help just catch me in-game by the way. My english sucks... I hope I was clear enough ;_;
  2. Another weirdness is this:
    05:45:280 - From here on
    First of all, the patterns you used in this final part look much better, so I think there's no need to change anything really. Also, the HS are awesome, great job :)
    Okay so, maybe I'm just drunk, but there are a lot of patterns which are symmetrical, but they are not symmetrical to the center of the grid!
    The first three patterns are the perfect example:
    What happened here? I feel like all these pattern are supposed to be a little bit more to the right of the grid, such that they are symmetrical to the center. Did you made them this way intentionally? I'm quite confused to be honest, I need some explaination!
  3. These are my main concerns about this diff... By the way here are some more suggestions
  4. 00:42:058 (1) - This slider really feels out of place imo! You only put circles here, just one slider here is... weird idk how to explain
  5. 03:11:024 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I really feel like the volume should gradually decrease in these patterns, would be much cooler
  6. 04:26:939 (5,6) - 1.4x spacing then 1.5x?
  7. 07:07:408 - If I were you I'd remove this slider with the red line and use a normal curved one instead. This is because you used curved sliders the whole map, and I feel like there's no reason for such a change here :) Same applies to the following ones
always ~Arphi's Marathon~

1. 00:18:663 - Quite a strong drum here, maybe you should put some objects here?
  2. 00:42:058 (3) - NC here to emphasize the change in intensity? Or maybe you could afford to raise the spacing or the SV just a tiny bit?
  3. 03:16:116 - Start the break here?
  4. 05:59:323 (1) - This is amazing, really, but... The diff has nothing more dense than 1/2, so this really feels out of place. Plus, newbie players will 100% break their combo here, since this is so unexpected. Something like 06:00:174 would work here as well imo. Same goes for the following one as well
  5. 06:05:068 (1) - This should be round, for consistency with the other sliders, which are round as well
  6. Nice diff ^^
__

That's it... I hope this helped a little bit, hope you the best with this set! Catch me in-game if you need help!
Arphimigon

RikiH_ wrote:

always ~Arphi's Marathon~

1. 00:18:663 - Quite a strong drum here, maybe you should put some objects here? I don't really feel like calling attention to the drums since I'm not actually following them here and NEVER NOTICED THIS DRUM
  2. 00:42:058 (3) - NC here to emphasize the change in intensity? Or maybe you could afford to raise the spacing or the SV just a tiny bit? NCd
  3. 05:59:323 (1) - This is amazing, really, but... The diff has nothing more dense than 1/2, so this really feels out of place. This isn't meant for new players :thinking: it's just meant to be a standalone whateverdifficulty map
  4. 06:05:068 (1) - This should be round, for consistency with the other sliders, which are round as well AGREED and CHANGED
https://puu.sh/x44wc/c2ec24566f.osu
Topic Starter
Noffy

RikiH_ wrote:

herro! m4m here
Sorry, I'm 24 hours later :/ I suck Hey there, it's all good o/

1. Okay, this may sound rude but believe me I'm not xD I have a main concern for this diff... it's fine! I appreciate the honesty and that you specify it so well/suggest a way to change it
    You consistently used the spacing correctly, and when you changed it, it was in a consistent way, which is perfectly fine!
    The problem is that the majority of pattern you used really feel disorganized, without a structure... here are some examples
    01:34:260 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Let's break this down:
    First, you have a slider, which is not symmetrical, and looks a bit messy. The slidertail points to the right, so the player expects to move to the right! Instead you placed the following note directly under the slider, so there's a weird 90° angle in the flow, which doesn't play smooth I have some set rules for these sliders, they're like, all nearly identical. The terrifying wave shape, awkard feeling going in and out for most, all to emphasize what i find to be a really dissonant and kind of grating pe-oww in the guitar.
    After this, see 01:34:896 (2,3,5) - These notes may constitute a triangle, but that's not perfect, so it doesn't look perfect and this has negative impact on the map's visual aspect. 01:35:692 (5,6,7) - The same happens here. If these two triangles were equilateral, this pattern would improve a lot! Also, there's this weird stack between 01:34:896 (2,6) - these two notes, which looks weird, even if it's not completely noticeable during playmode (the blanket between the note and the slider looks good by the way) for this specifically, fixed one to be the triangle it was meant to be and made the second look less like a bad triangle. I went through and changed a couple of other patterns for cleanerness, but I may not be as aware of them as someone else as I generally think it looks fine for what the map is meant to look like... so aa. there's probably still quite a lot ><
    Another example:
    01:36:806 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Here the first notes are arranged in... I can't tell. Maybe you wanted to create two triangles? But they don't look really good, so it's hard to understand. Maybe I was wrong and you just put these notes randomly? That's not so good either, since the pattern lacks of structure! You could for example create a hexagon here, or just 2 triangles, or whatever, it should just look more regular
    Also, the following slider (7) is placed under a note, but the stack is not perfect and this is pretty noticeable during playmode. Plus, you could have made a blanket between the note 6 and this slider, it would have made this pattern much better I placed these objects in this way so that if one plays with more cursor dancing, which I assume players will as this part of the song is so relatively slow, it could go like so: badabiboopboop , with the loops growing tighter as the vocals get more strained. Even if played straight back and forth I feel this still works. fixed the 01:37:761 (4,7) - overlap though
    This is my main concern about this diff... I don't really want to point out all the patterns that look disorganized, or it would pretty much take a looong time. I think these 2 examples I pointed out can help you understand which patterns should be changed in a more visually appealing way... If you need help just catch me in-game by the way. My english sucks... I hope I was clear enough ;_; Yeah, your english is fantastically fine, I'll try to catch you in game sometime soon >o</
  2. Another weirdness is this:
    05:45:280 - From here on
    First of all, the patterns you used in this final part look much better, so I think there's no need to change anything really. Also, the HS are awesome, great job :) time to debate if you're biased towards liking my hitsounds because of the bell (;
    Okay so, maybe I'm just drunk, but there are a lot of patterns which are symmetrical, but they are not symmetrical to the center of the grid!
    The first three patterns are the perfect example:
    What happened here? I feel like all these pattern are supposed to be a little bit more to the right of the grid, such that they are symmetrical to the center. Did you made them this way intentionally? I'm quite confused to be honest, I need some explaination!

The symmetry is shifted to the left due to the video. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8782402 . If I were to place them on the y-axis, they would appear visually off in-game due to how the video appears to be divided right down the center. making everything around a slightly shifted axis was painful because I couldn't just ctrl+h everything but it's worth it. I'm using x:245 as the center. If there's anything off from that, or if you think that coordinate isn't quite right on the video's center, let me know!
  3. These are my main concerns about this diff... By the way here are some more suggestions
  4. 00:42:058 (1) - This slider really feels out of place imo! You only put circles here, just one slider here is... weird idk how to explain eep, well it's either this or two stacked circles which I think would be worse, as I want some way to emphasize the lack of a snare at 00:42:058 -
  5. 03:11:024 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I really feel like the volume should gradually decrease in these patterns, would be much cooler oh, definitely! hecka cool! added~ this map has over 170 timing points now oh god
  6. 04:26:939 (5,6) - 1.4x spacing then 1.5x? shoot fixed i am not sure how this happened
  7. 07:07:408 - If I were you I'd remove this slider with the red line and use a normal curved one instead. This is because you used curved sliders the whole map, and I feel like there's no reason for such a change here :) Same applies to the following ones mm, but I think if I used just curved ones the whole time in this end bit, it'd get a bit visually repetitive :s. I also feel it fits with how the music fades out and there gets to be only the drums really audible, which are very harsh and fitting with lined sliders.
__

That's it... I hope this helped a little bit, hope you the best with this set! Catch me in-game if you need help! thank you! it was definitely helpful O:!! I'll try to catch ya!
Topic Starter
Noffy
Updoot: Added some small storyboard elements for a pass/fail at the end of the map, and a loading bar between songs so that the 20 second break doesn't feel as tortuously long and endless.
Faputa
Hey, M4M from #modreqs

I can't mod in a very professional way, so don't blame me if they are rubbish :3

[overall]
In terms of playability, the two difficulties suit with the SR and can easily follow the song, so not much I can do actually.

Is there a reason why always in the two diffs have the lowercase "a"? I mean, it can be "Always ~/~"

07:17:195 (1) - why after that there's huge void of no audio there? You should cut that really!

[always ~Arphi's Marathon~]
I think if the song keeps basically the same spacing throughout the first song, it makes it not fun to play. Kiai part should at least have some difference like the SV 1.1x or 1.25x

00:18:504 (2) - missed a significant drum sound in 00:18:663 - you should really not neglect it in the map.

05:17:708 (3) - make it not a clap(R)

05:21:846 (1) - for polishing issues, you can make it a circle just as 03:11:024 (1) -

no problem in the second song!

AR can be 9, it makes it more fun when applying DT or HR

00:02:907 (2,3,4) - seems the rest of the first song doesnt really feature 1/2 triangles, maybe to make the whole map more neat, you can just make it like the others (very obtuse triangles)

02:27:734 (1,2,3) - this jump, I think it is somehow need not to be that far, you can make 2 higher

05:08:000 (9,1) - for polishing issues, you can make it spaces the same with 02:09:751 (4,1) - because I know that in all the other patterns thats similar to this use 02:09:751 (4,1) - 's spacing

03:11:024 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - the hitsound can definitely be lower in volume than 36% because the song is really quiet. 28-32% can do

04:37:602 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5) - NCs in this part seems random

05:45:280 (1) - for polishing issues, combo colours' style should be consistant with always ~Arphi's Marathon~, like using red combo colour for the funky drums there like in 06:00:174 (3) -

06:15:280 (1) - missed the custom hitsound

Good luck with the marathon! :)
Arphimigon
b

jack1817 wrote:

[always ~Arphi's Marathon~]
I think if the song keeps basically the same spacing throughout the first song, it makes it not fun to play. Kiai part should at least have some difference like the SV 1.1x or 1.25x I think the increase in RHYTHM DENSITY works nicer for this song rather than spacing

00:18:504 (2) - missed a significant drum sound in 00:18:663 - you should really not neglect it in the map. I really don't care about the drums unless they are like, the only sound

05:21:846 (1) - for polishing issues, you can make it a circle just as 03:11:024 (1) - WHY? NONONNOONONONOOO

no problem in the second song!
Topic Starter
Noffy

jack1817 wrote:

Hey, M4M from #modreqs Hello~ I'll be sure to return your mod as soon as I can >w<!

I can't mod in a very professional way, so don't blame me if they are rubbish :3 >:3c

AR can be 9, it makes it more fun when applying DT or HR I think the song is pretty chill and that 9 would be toofast :c

00:02:907 (2,3,4) - seems the rest of the first song doesnt really feature 1/2 triangles, maybe to make the whole map more neat, you can just make it like the others (very obtuse triangles) really? cause I mapped this introduction section a bit differently, quite a few subtle equilateral triangles make appearances here, so I think it's fairly fitting.

02:27:734 (1,2,3) - this jump, I think it is somehow need not to be that far, you can make 2 higher moved up somesome

05:08:000 (9,1) - for polishing issues, you can make it spaces the same with 02:09:751 (4,1) - because I know that in all the other patterns thats similar to this use 02:09:751 (4,1) - 's spacing it's the first such pattern in around three minutes, so I'd prefer to have its spacing relative to the section it's in, as that is what I think is more noticably consistent/inconsistent. no change.

03:11:024 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - the hitsound can definitely be lower in volume than 36% because the song is really quiet. 28-32% can do I'll keep it in mind but I think the current volume pattern matches the song's volume pretty well,

04:37:602 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5) - NCs in this part seems random went through and fixed my ncs during the kiais, thanks!

05:45:280 (1) - for polishing issues, combo colours' style should be consistant with always ~Arphi's Marathon~, like using red combo colour for the funky drums there like in 06:00:174 (3) - Arphimigon and I had different ideas on how to do this part, I didn't really want his way for my map and vice versa. I think it's alright.

06:15:280 (1) - missed the custom hitsound not sure where, it's the same default drum whistle+clap I used for all of the gunshots o:

Good luck with the marathon! :) thank you! :D
squirrelpascals
8 m i n u t e s

intense marathon
• 00:10:547 (2,3,4,5,6) - think you could show more structure by making 5,6 parallel or at a noticeable angle form 2,3,4

• 00:16:753 (1) - Since your mapping to this bell instrument there, would recommend making it clickable rather than on a slider tail

• 00:28:053 (1,2,3) - see what youre going for with overlaps but the way these tails touch isnt appealing. try adjusting similar to this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8979429

• 00:30:599 (1) - This aesthetic goesnt really fit in with the type of sliders youre using and easily looks un-symmetrical. would recommend recreating this shape with red points and softer sllider point curves

• 00:39:192 (3,4,5,6) - same thing as 00:10:547 (2,3,4,5,6) - , it looks like you tried to make these parallel by hand rather than copy+pasting objects

• 00:40:785 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - I see the aesthetic youre going for here but atm it can be more recognizable, i would recommend an nc on 5 (so the player can recognice the 2 stream shapes from diff colors), making 1 through 8 more cohesive, or using a stream jump to make the curve of 5,6,7,8 more recognizable

• 01:06:249 (1,2) - using one slider here and copy+paste then rotating here would show more structure than recreating this slider curve by hand

• 01:08:477 (7,1,2) - Dont see how slider 1 is structured with the hitobjects that surround it, would recommend removing that tail aesthetic of one so that flow from 7 to 2 is obvious. Same prob with 01:21:527 (1) -

• 01:18:981 - I understand how this slider is mapped to vocals, but mapping to drums previously makes skipping this cymbal feel very odd

• 01:24:710 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - diamond aesthetic here is nice, but it feels awkward how 5 and 7 touch at 01:25:665 (5,6,7) - . I would recommend widening the diamond to allow more room for 7 in the pattern https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8979458 example

• 01:29:167 (1) - 01:34:260 (1) - 01:39:352 (1) - 01:44:445 (1) - the unevenness of these wave sliders with just white points just looks lazy and ugly, in my brutal opinion. Would look better with a red point and careful aesthetics http://i.imgur.com/e2poand.png

• 01:46:037 (5) - would be better with ctrl+g imo because it would give a nicer angle and flow from 4 to the slider direction of 5

• 01:59:724 (6) - combo should start here instead of at 02:00:679 (1) - , this downbeat is very strong and should be prioritized over the start of a vocal phrase

• 02:06:408 (4,5,1) - same issue as 01:08:477 (7,1,2) - dont see how slider 1 correlates to object placement of 7 and 1

• 02:09:910 (1) - 02:15:003 (1) - 02:20:095 (1) - 02:25:188 (1) - wave sliders again

• 02:45:559 (1) - wouldd be better with ctrl+g, because the cursor is coming from the right so rotating up and clockwise would feel more comfortable

kiai is better excecuted and pretty fun, right now going to focus on what needs more work

• 03:31:395 (1,2,1,2,3) - the flow in this section is so jagged, in between 1 2 and 123 the player has to readjust their cursor to move correctly to hit these objects if that makes sense. It should feel more natural. Example https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8979489

• 03:41:262 (5) - would recommend placing this above the sliderend for eimilar reasons listed above

• 03:42:536 (1,2,3,4,5) - 03:43:809 (1,2,3,4,5) - these linear patterns feel so randomly done. Try to make whatever aesthetic/pattern you're making with these patterns simpler and more noticeable

• 04:15:957 (4) - current placement again doesn't flow well and doesn't translate well from one circle to the next, seems to be a repetitive issue with slider placements tbh https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8979523 one possiblility

• 04:30:917 (3) - would again be better with ctrl+g, same reason as last time

• 05:08:159 (1) - maybe a ctrl+j for this slider? since you use a sudden jump at 05:08:000 (9) - redirecting this curve might help

l o a d i n g n e x t s o n g

• 05:50:387 (1,2,3) - 05:51:663 (5,6,7) - would like to see more structure behind how you plalced these doubles. They can be distance snapped but should look aesthetically cleaner next to the other circles

• 06:32:089 - dont see why you used a gap here, it feels like there should be a note here since the music is continuous

• 06:51:238 (9) - would recommedn spacing this away from 06:50:174 (6) - because to a player, ts subcontiously noticable that there was just space used on the edge of the slider so it feels kind of odd. (thats why the notes fade-out for so long in the editor). this is a pickier mod

fast ds maps like this are fun, and i think the fast parts were the best part about this map too. but the map as a whole needs work with structural and some flow issues.
I won't mod arphi's diff now because its pretty safely mapped, but ill tell you now there's some unrankable reverse arrow overlaps at 03:41:899 (2,3,4,5) - lol

if you have questions you can pm me :) :)
good luck!
show more