forum

Do you think a Raspberry Pi 3 can run osu! ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MunsterMc
Random post because I'm bored and waiting for my rpi to arrive, do you guys think it would be possible to run osu on it? I haven't found any videos about it and the only post I found was 3 years ago.

Why you may wonder? Well why the hell not? It's in the name of science!
Sandy Hoey
This forum is for users who are creating their own programs or additions. You are more likely to get some kind of response from the help forum
Amryu
Osu! is quite CPU heavy and slider rendering can be quite costly without hardware acceleration. You could probably get a super low-spec version to run but it's unlikely that osu!stable will run on that anywhere smooth. I could as well be wrong but ur most likely get alot of drops and low frames.

If someone would get it to run it would be nice but in the end it has no practical purpose.
Flanster
Getting that thing to emulate x86 is gonna be a fun experience.
The Gambler

Flanster wrote:

OPSU might work... Try to get the java version to work.
Mafumafu
I am afraid it would be laaaaag
but if you make it in the future I will try to run osu! on STM32F4
Kiciuk

Regraz wrote:

I am afraid it would be laaaaag
but if you make it in the future I will try to run osu! on STM32F4
How u can run game on cpu without gpu ?
72MHz cortex M3 :roll:
The Gambler
I have picked up an RPI3 recently. Will see if OPSU works.
Topic Starter
MunsterMc

The Gambler wrote:

I have picked up an RPI3 recently. Will see if OPSU works.
Keep us updated heh! I doubt I'll receive mine anytime soon.
abraker

Flanster wrote:

How hard should it be to retarget the project for arm?

/s
Kiciuk

abraker wrote:

Flanster wrote:

How hard should it be to retarget the project for arm?

/s
Then mono should be also compiled for ARM which is possible but probably not that easy.
The Gambler
Nope, OPSU doesn't work. Apparently it's missing IA32 libraries.

Weird, OPSU doesn't mention anything about being x86 only, despite being a Java program.

Error log:
Mon Jul 10 15:08:23 EDT 2017 ERROR:** Uncaught Exception! **
Mon Jul 10 15:08:23 EDT 2017 ERROR:/home/pi/Downloads/Natives/liblwjgl.so: /home/pi/Downloads/Natives/liblwjgl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (Possible cause: can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/pi/Downloads/Natives/liblwjgl.so: /home/pi/Downloads/Natives/liblwjgl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (Possible cause: can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform)
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1938)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1821)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:809)
at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1086)
at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:70)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:66)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:96)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:117)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:135)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer$1.run(AppGameContainer.java:39)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.<clinit>(AppGameContainer.java:36)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Opsu.main(Opsu.java:205)

Kiciuk wrote:

Then mono should be also compiled for ARM which is possible but probably not that easy.
Something about having to set up a cross-compiler environment, where you build ARM binaries in an x86 environment and then send those binaries to your target ARM device (RPI3). I believe ARM has a guide for doing that, and hopefully Mono has compile instructions.
Kiciuk
apt-get install liblwjgl-java liblwjgl-java-doc liblwjgl-jni
And try to replace .so
speranza hdhr
yeah ok but who can hook me up with liblwjgl64 for arm tho
andy840119
osu!lazer maybe will ported on andorid or ios device
so techinically maybe it can
i think.
abraker

andy840119 wrote:

osu!lazer maybe will ported on andorid or ios device
so techinically maybe it can
i think.
That's not the same. Operating system does not have to do anything with this. It's the same reason your computer can't play playstation games without an emulator. You either use an emulator or you make it work with other type of hardware that is arranged in a different way.

osu! uses openTK for for all the graphics, input, etc. Until that can be made to work on ARM architecture, there is almost no chance.

Edit: Anyone coming across this that feels adventurous in trying to get openTK to work on the pi, have a look at this
Delta2Force
I got opsu running on my raspberry pi 3. There are some sound issues, but i think thats something on my side. Also i cant play beatmaps because of the sound (i think... i just tried one beatmap). Here you can try yourself! Also, if you see any errors while its loading the sounds, just click them away.
Darkrai06
Osu!lazer starts on rpi.
screenshot: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/aGZEwJyxAikfF_O758SEWPC_PKf-1io2CpUwzyOAHb1hntbTF9IHpfiSl3R6DEcwN3T72A=s151
I can't hear music and I cannot play any beatmaps because the pi has too less RAM.
I don't use x86 emulation because osu!lazer runs fine in mono.
It crashes sometimes and the performance is not good.
abraker

Darkrai06 wrote:

Osu!lazer starts on rpi.
screenshot: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/aGZEwJyxAikfF_O758SEWPC_PKf-1io2CpUwzyOAHb1hntbTF9IHpfiSl3R6DEcwN3T72A=s151
I can't hear music and I cannot play any beatmaps because the pi has too less RAM.
I don't use x86 emulation because osu!lazer runs fine in mono.
It crashes sometimes and the performance is not good.
???
CrappySalami
I might try this out when my RP3 arrives.
MemeMeme_YT
Here, I'll just solve it.

You can install Android onto the Pi 3. You can either compile drivers for it (tough, but has no limit to use) or download RTAndroid (resets itself every 48 hours). First, let's evaluate the specs of the RPi 3 B.

For the CPU, we have a ARM Cortex A53 @ 0.6-1.2 GHz. and for the GPU, we are working with a Broadcomm VideoCore IV @ 400MHz. The GPU is the same as in EVERY RASPBERRY PI. Both the CPU and the GPU are part of the Broadcomm BCM2837. There is only 1GB of LPDDR2 RAM on the board, but what we'll be doing can work on 1GB. You pick the microSD storage.

Install Android onto the Pi using your preferred method and allow installations from unknown sources. Next, install opsu!. Done! You've installed "osu!" onto the Pi!
abraker

MemeMeme_YT wrote:

related thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/656648
fr00
raspberry pi 3 can install windows 10 arm now(with built-in x86 emulator)
once graphic card problems solve it should just work:/?
abraker

fr00 wrote:

with built-in x86 emulator
Think of the fps