forum

Limit Preview song for beatmap select & animated background

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
REUSE-ABLE
So i know this is pretty much really dumb. but i just really want this to happened.
So what i meant for Limit Preview song is actually make a mark for end the preview with fading out at a specific time
maybe the limit could be above 30 sec
and with this feature we could make animated background...
such as moving object... flashing background following the BPM... and maybe create a character jump or move following the BPM... or maybe sakura flowers falling down...

Simple example: Cytus :3

Thank you :))
Caput Mortuum
why should the song preview be limited
Topic Starter
REUSE-ABLE

Eraser wrote:

nah... i forgot to add that you can add the limit or not...
Nitrous
Animated Backgrounds are achieved through Storyboarding and Videos. If you want it to display in Song/Beatmap select, it would add strain to PCs as it would load more files just for it to precache and be ready to be used.
Caput Mortuum

REUSE-ABLE wrote:

Eraser wrote:

nah... i forgot to add that you can add the limit or not...
yeah but why would you do that lmao
Topic Starter
REUSE-ABLE

Eraser wrote:

yeah but why would you do that lmao
Just want to -w- i can't explain it in words... so hard to tell why -w-
Flanster
So yeah one of those "I saw a cool thing in this game, would be nice if osu! had it" requests. Keep in mind osu! strives for its own original look.
Seijiro
please, I cried after I they changed how the preview worked in song select (previously the song started from the start of the audio file once it ended, unlike now: it starts again from the preview point)
I was using that feature to listen in loop to my favorite songs, but they had to ruin my enjoyment :'(

Anyway, I would rather not have this feature on a personal level alone.. The rest is as Flan said above